1998 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1225 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

2005 Jeep Wrangler

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought it used and had it a few months , 4.0 straight six -six speed, Engine is very torquey , It rides fine and it is easy to drive and park and it goes through snow very nicely, I like the ride height you can see ahead easily and the seat is comfortable and gives good support so far i'm happy with it, I'll keep posting later down the line."

Love vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "The jeep itself"

"Vehicle is very practical, and dependable. Its great fun for the summer and winter."

Took a beating

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy-go-anywhere. It's a Jeep!!"

Cons: "roughish ride, lots of road noise"

"I drove my 2001 jeep from Montana to Wis. enough times to put 116000 miles on it and I haven't had to fix anything! And that's down to the floor with my poor 4 cylinder almost the whole way. Talk about tough!!!!!"

Most reliable car I have owned

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "grat price, manuvering is great"

Cons: "tight in the inside, could use more room"

"Did not realize how reliable this vehicle was going to be when I purchased it in 2000. I get 17 to 18 miles to a gal. of gas. I put oversized tires, and new alloy wheels. I make sure I keep up with the maintainance, and it has never left me on foot. The best thing about this vehicle is the timing chain, if I had a timing belt this car would be dead today. I have 235, 000 miles and the car purrs loke a kitten. 5 speakers surround the car. Awesome music sound. The best car I have owned, I would recommend it to any one."

Old Reliable

By on Sunday, December 06, 2009

"The 1998 Wrangler is the second wrangler I have owned and it has gone everywhere I have asked it to take me - the roadways of Oregon to the Cascades without fail. Just as the first Wrangler I can always count on it to start every time. I do wish the seats could be more comfortable but the heater and its fast acting ability to warm you makes up for it. Once I installed a winch on it, the possibilities became endless - in fact x-mas of 2007 I have to pull a Brand new lifted with all the bells and whistles GMC crewcab pickup out from a snowy rut which required me to cut a trail into the embankment to go around him because his rearend was failing off the road. Once I pulled him out I started cuting a snow trail to the top of the mountain. I didnt over heat or run scared that something would happen to us. I love my Jeep - but probably would upgrade to a 2000 or newer because of the more efficiency benefits in mileage."