1998 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1198 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Most reliable and funnest vehicle I ever owned.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "reliable, coverage, fun"

Cons: "offer lower gears for off roaders"

"Let's face there is a reason Jeep is the number one off road vehicle more than any other maker. It is what they do. If you want to put around town looking cool with the top and doors off this is your vehicle, but don't waste the opportunity to take it off road and test it's limits. It's one of the very few vehicles where off road damage to the drive train is covered under warranty. I took mine off road the day I bought it and many times since. Never a drive train problem. Scratches, a few dents yeah. Stay on top of them with primer and touch up to avoid the rust. NOTE: If you are going to buy bigger tires for your Jeep and take it off road make sure the fender clearance is enough for your shocks to be fully compressed and not rub. Only downfall , with the 6 cyl. the gears are more for highway use. If you plan to take the sport off road on a consistent basis, which I highly recommend, Install a quality lift kit, 33 inch tires and change out the differential to something around the 5.00 range. The 4 cyl. wrangler with no extras is comparable to a modified 6 cyl. with the exception of climbing taller rock formations. For mud and dirt trails the 4 cyl. is the better cheaper alternative, especially if you never take it off road. For off road fun and versatility, through outfitting, The sport with the Power in-line 6 engine, (ask an old mechanic about the in-line six engine) It is one of the funnest man toys. kids love it too."

most fun vehicle ever!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Great price and value. FUN to drive!!"

Cons: "side windows zip."

FUN! FUN! FUN!

"I purchased this vehicle as a graduation gift to myself. Now life is changing abit and I need to pass on the fun to another person! I absolutely loved driving this vehicle. I've never been off road. No accidents. Added chrome step ups and 12 disc CD changer. AC is great!!!"

FUN! FUN! FUN!

If you enjoy the outdoors, you will love a TJ!!!

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

"Great adventure vehicle... goes to any terrain and place in any weather!"

Best 4x4 of the decade

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun. Great in winter. Awesome off road."

Cons: "Low gas mileage."

"I read reviews complaining how a wrangler doesn't ride like some luxury car. Duh! My wife and I both drive and love our wranglers. Lots of fun, super in the snow. Top down and doors off can't be matched by anything around. But they sure aren't easy on gas."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"I've had my 2000 TJ Sport for several years. It's been great, with only the #3 fuel injector having issues with over heating. This happens infrequently, and only when it's REALLY hot(110 degrees plus), and driving in stop and go traffic. This year jeep rides like a Cadillac compared to the generations before. These are not luxury vehicles, which I'm fine with. As a matter of fact, I pulled all the carpet out, so I can just hose out any mud, etc. I'm running a small lift, and 35" tires. Rear axle is a d44, and both have been regeared to 4.88. Keep it light, and you'll be fine. Start throwing on bumpers, armor, winch, etc, and you'll need bigger axles, and a v8. I would buy again."