1998 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1180 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Good vehicle snow and sun

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun in the snow and sun"

Cons: "Is 10 years old with some normal wear and tear"

"Vehicle has been reliable It is very good in the snow. It is also fun in the summer when you put on the soft top and roll it back for open air driving in the nice weather."

I will never get rid of this vehicle

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "not enough storage space"

"If it weren't for the snow and salt this vehicle would last forever!! I stand by jeep!! Infact I am buying another one, just a little more comfortable! Its 2014 and its still going strong(the motor and drive train) no problems what so ever. good year for the jeep wrangler sport 4.0!"

like the resale value

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Design flaw with blower system. Blower resistor goes bad about every 2 years. Obvious design problem, everyone I talked with that owns Wangler has the same problem. The problem continues into the Chrysler Liberty. My wife and daughter both own Jeep Liberty's and have the same problem. I also had a problem with Wrangler not starting sometime. I fooled AROUND MOVING THE STEERING WhEEL AND SHIFTER AND IT USUALLY STARTED AFTER A WHILE. Finally figured out it was the neutral safety which was defective. Cheap fix under $ 150.00 , problem solved. I do not know how common this problem is."

I am a happy jeep driver times three!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "The all weather conforming vehicle."

Cons: "Not a luxury vehicle, EVERYTHING is manual in mine"

"My first jeep was a CJ7 and this is is my second unlimited. I feel this is the best "Grocery getter" as far as jeeps go. The wider wheel base makes me feel safer, and the extra room behind the back seat makes for perfect camping gear space. Living in the cold Wisconsin weather, the hard top is a must, along with a lift and 33" tires. One week ago I rolled my jeep. I hit snow/black ice and that was the end of my control. Headed for a field and rolled two and a half times. The jeep has some cosmetic damage; broken fenders, windshield broken and the w/s frame is bent from the roll over, hard top is toast-rear window and side window shattered, drivers door needs replacing, rear tire flat, roof rack bent, and the engine was still running when I landed. I am certain if I was in any other vehicle I would be writing this from a coffin. I am happy to say I climbed out of the passenger door (b/c I was on my side) with a mild concussion and a few bruises. I am thankful I was in a jeep. As soon as I get the jeep back on the road I am investing in the "If you can read this, roll me over" sticker... I think I earned it."

A Jeep is a Jeep.

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Just like the title says, a Jeep is a Jeep. It's simple, durable, and tough. This is the first car have ever bought and I am in love with it. You have to not want that "luxury" life. If you can handle the basics and like simplicity, this Jeep is for you."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "For people who love the out doors.Can's stop IT!"

Cons: "Don't expect alot of room it's made that way"

"Like they say there is only 1. Nothing else compares. I feel for off roading the older models are better because of size and weight but you still can't beat them!"

A Jeep Lovers Dream

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great resale value, fun to drive, easy to upgrade"

Cons: "Loud, Cramped Space, Not a smooth ride"

"This is my second Jeep Wrangler Sport: I have found these jeep engines to be very reliable. Not big mechanical repairs, just regular maintenance. Performs amazing off-road. Basic interior but perfect for off-roading. If you want a comfortable car for long drives with your wife and kids or own a 150 lb dog this is an awful vehicle to own as its loud and has limited space. Also high winds, this vehicle is top heavy. Its loud, its bumpy. Regardless of the negatives its a fun, reliable, awesome car that will take you anywhere and you want to keep forever or re-sell (great resale value) this is the perfect vehicle. A jeep community is its own community. Very easy to upgrade jeep, add awesome features... The skys the limit. Enjoy your jeep."

The Golden Eagle is the Bird to have!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "All you could want in a Jeep.>>>>>"

Cons: "Fuel mileage is better with better tires on it..."

Sitting out when ready to cruise.....

"I have had this jeep for over 6 yrs now and love everything about it..The ride the LOOKS and reliabilty is awesome..Don't have to worry about the weather .This vehicle plows through all the NE can throw at it.Did some minor upgrades >>>>Tires__Speakers..couple of guards for windows radiator and fenders...Paint has held up fantastic __Black---in color and still shines like new..I use aircraft wax on it so the outside abrasives don't harm the finish much."

Sitting out when ready to cruise.....

Hooked on Jeeps

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Retains Value, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Small interior, rough ride"

"I love Jeeps this is my second Wrangler and I have loved them both. They are one of the most dependable rigs I have owned and hold their value very well. They can be modified to make them as personalized as you want. They are fun to drive and can go anywhere in the back country with no problem or can be your daily driver. The interior is a bit small and they ride a bit rough but then what did you expect in a short wheel based 4x4? Best of all they are just fun to drive. Try one you'll be hooked too."

Love it, take the top off and go to the mountians

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun vehicle"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"Go anywhere do everything vehicle, cant wait till summer, going topless."

Best car ive ever owned

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive super simple and reliable high resale"

Cons: "high resale for those looking to buy one"

"most reliable vehicle ever not much to go wrong , fun to drive top up or down .."

I love this car but..

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

"I absolutely love this car but it does come with a couple of problems. The main one being gas milage. On a good day you might be able to get 18 mpg highway out of it but if you have deep pockets it's not much of an issue. Another thing is that going highway speeds on a SE model is a chore for the car. If you're going up a hill on a highway you might as have blinkers on because you will be going at least 10mph lower then all the other cars. Of course you could shift the gear down but then there goes your mpg's. Although it does have its flaws I absolutely love this car. Crawling up steep hills in the mountain is something Wranglers have pretty close to perfected. Summer time is where this Jeep really outshines all other cars. There's nothing like taking some friends out on a summer night cruising with the top down and watching other people look at you with envy."

Very fun!

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

"This is a blast to drive, but I'm glad it's not my daily driver. It's nice to get back into my car after a few days. Reliable, inexpensive to maintain, a blast to own."

Love vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "The jeep itself"

"Vehicle is very practical, and dependable. Its great fun for the summer and winter."

My 2002 Jeep Wrangler 6 Cylinder 4WD 5 Speed Manua

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Really fun to drive and great in the snow."

"I love this SUV it is definitely the best vehicle I have ever owned I don't have to worry about it breaking down the gas mileage really isn't that bad considering a have a four inch lift on 33" tires and the drivability after that is great it doesn't drive like a lifted vehicle normally would I would suggest anyone to buy these!"

Great on highway, in town, or off road.

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a car - works like a horse."

Cons: "The top is not as easy to remove as it could be."

"I use it as a working car for rental property, off road for hunting and fishing, highway travel (frequent trips of 500 + miles) and even to pull small trees while clearing property.(I use it like a luxury tractor) Since it will pull a large trailer, I do not need a pick up truck, and since mine has AC, Cruise, plenty of power, automatic, and rides smoothly, I don't need a sedan. It s a practicle car that is also a fun toy!"

Very fun to drive

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive , the family loves it."

Cons: "Fuel mileage is low due to low gear ratio."

"This is my first jeep and I love it. Fun to drive and easy to get around in tight places. I have a soft top on mine and love to remove it and go ride the country roads. Took it to the Smokey Mt state park and had a blast. I will buy a new jeep wrangler for my next new car."

ethanol is killing my cheap

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "will go anyware"

Cons: "mileage and power compromised with ethanol gas"

"I LOVE my jeep. I've owned it for 15 years now. I use it mostly for work and highway use as I travel from several different job sites. It always gets through me through the worst that nature throws at me. Maintenance has been normal wear and tear. Only two big items. A cracked manifold and a catalytic converter. Other than that it's been brakes, tires, shocks, a/c compressor and new fan motor, replacement top and radiator. Not bad for 15 years of use. The bad news is that ethanol is killing my gas mileage and power. For highway travel I have been using higher octane gas or using marine grade fuel. Other that that, I can not complain. My TJ is still old school with not a lot of plastic. It's not as pretty as the new jeeps but it is built to last. I plan on keeping it as long as it still keeps running."

great reliable vehicle

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "good power, off road capabilties, resale value"

Cons: "rollover risk, rough ride, small interior"

"This is my second Jeep. I love this vehicle. The TJ Wrangler with the 4.0 has plenty of power and torque and they last a long time. The ride is a little rough but it is expected with the short wheel base. The Jeep handles extremely well on gravel roads. The TJ wrangler are extremely capable off road. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle for a new driver because of the short wheel base. Jeeps hold there value better then most vehicles which is a huge plus $$$$. Overall the wrangler is a very reliable and great vehicle."

Its a Jeep, it is what it is.

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Go anywhere, easy to work on, looks good muddy"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought this Jeep for my daughter first car when she was 15. I did research forever and included her so she would know what she was getting herself into. She knew not to expect a smooth carlike ride, cushy interior or hitech gadgets. She drove it to school daily with her mom her to satisfy state requirements on learning hours and to get comfortable with it. Hers is a Wrangler Unlimited model with the extended wheelbase and much larger storage area behind rear seat. I wanted her to have this for greater stability and to be able to haul more stuff and still carry passangers in back. She is now about to turn 20 and is absolutely in love with it. It came with a hardtop so I bought her a nice Bestop Trektop NX so she can be more versitle in the warmer months. It gives it a fastback look and she can fold top back or take out side panels for a safari top. She will show up in the backyard occasionally with mud all over it from having fun with friends. It has been very reliable for us. I have replaced the A/C condensor and the oil pressure sensor. Other than that, just routine maintainance stuff like brakes, plugs, oil changes. She has gotten to the point where she does not even like driving cars anymore. Wont even drive her boyfriend new car cuz it dont feel right. Only downer is fuel economy, Maybe 225 miles to the tank. It has held its KBB value EXTREMELY well. Still worth $15,000 after this long and we didnt even pay that much for it."

The 4.0L Engine is unstoppable, my 4th Jeep!

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun Car"

Cons: "Bouncy"

Garaged!

"I've had CJ5's and CJ7's but nothing compares, it's a blast to drive."

Garaged!

The car I always wanted

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "comfortable to drive, reliable,"

Cons: "bad gas mileage, small"

"I used this as a year around vehicle until i got my sports car. Now I use it as a winter vehicle only. Great car to drive back and forth to work. Not much room inside for larger items, but holds more than the sports car. Unfortunately the gas mileage is not very good. Cost of ownership otherwise is low."

Good for first car or college

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

"It's a great car for someone on their own or a small family. the gas mileage is decent and its handles well in snow and is fun to drive."

Best 5spd. 4X4 I have ever driven & owned.

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Great on the gas 20 mpg. Comfortable,dependable!,,"

Cons: "Has it all except hard top and A.C."

"I've owned this jeep since the new model was introduced. I'am very satisfied with the vehicle."

good care

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "nice truck all around"

Cons: "dont like the color of it and window is broken"

"It is a nice car drives nice and has alot of power"

See if you qualify for