1998 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1180 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Love this vehicle. Lots of fun

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "fun drive"

Cons: "no air conditioning."

"Easy to drive...easy to park. This has been my fun time baby. Have made several cross country trips...lots of good fun memories. Lived in California...moved to Texas. This vehicle does not have air conditioning. That is the only reason I will be selling it. Summers are HOT in Texas"

Most versatile vehicle you cold own

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, looks, convertible, has personality"

Cons: "slow"

"I love my Jeep. I've had it for three weeks and have no regrets in buying it. It has been the most fun vehicle I have ever owned and has really changed my opinion on cars in general. It takes a little getting used to, but once you learn to bring a jacket with you every time you drive and take every turn about 15 mph less than you think you can take it, you will fall in love with it. I came from a 2004 infiniti g35x, and I couldn't be happier."

fun to drive

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"I have three tops hard top,safari top,and soft top(never used)"

what can I say. Its a Jeep and is what it is.

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "snow won't stop you from getting to work"

Cons: "snow won't stop you from getting to work (lol)"

"This has been my mid-life crisis purchase and I never let it go. Have only had to replace those items that you would expect to fix/replace (tires / brakes wipers etc.) Still has original top that is in good shape. I replaced the side windows after 10 years which is longer than the average. I have sliding windows on the doors and that is better than folding a dirty pc of plastic into the car against your leg. Have liked it from first day I got it."

I love my 04 jeep wrangler rubicon

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Goes where other 4x4s fear to go"

Cons: "GAS MILAGE 16-17 city 20-22 highway"

"I purchased this vehicle used... It is by far the best vehicle i've ever owned. I do not do much offroading BUT if i wanted/needed to it would take me where I want to go. I've been asked than in the south why do you need 4 wheel drive.MY answer is always the same I'd rather have 4 wheel drive and not need it than to NEED IT and not have it. Yes it rides a little rougher than a car and it takes more gas to go somewhere BUT its built to take on almost anything and bring you out the other side. IT IS A GO ANYWHERE DO ANYTHING MACHINE."

Great Vehicle for price

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great Price, great for plowing, Safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage so so. Replaced heater fan 3 x. AC 2x"

"Other than on going heater and AC problems I love this vehicle. Gas mileage is not great but Great safe winter driving in Wisconsin. This Jeep will go through almost anything. I am getting a little old now for the climb up to enter but will probably keep this vehicle with plow until it dies or I do."

Good vehicle - could be designed better on inside.

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Good for off road situations"

Cons: "not a lot of room on inside"

"Good overall 4-wd vehicle"

very reliable, great car

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "goes anywhere"

Cons: "gas mileage is 14 around town and maybe 17 or 18"

"wrangler sahara model with no power windows or fancy electronic nav. been a great car and will probably keep it forever"

lots of fun, second one I owned

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "low gears--- low gas mileage"

"great vehicle except the low gas mileage. It Always gets me home (I live on a dirt road over a hill) in the winter. Lots of fun, I like taking the top and doors off in the summer. I've crashed a motorcycle into a drunk driver, with the jeep-- I have seat belts, air bags 4 tires, a stout bumper and feel much safer for when the next drunk hits me. The wrangler is a spin off from the military jeep and a good tribute to a vehicle that served our military well."

Great solid rig

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Rock solid, fun, easy to maintain"

Cons: "Jerky suspension."

"Over all I love the Jeep. I have had almost no problems mechanically with just routine maintenance performed. Of course I also run Amsoil Signature fluids in the engine, tranny, and frond and rear diff. I think that if you run this rig with the correct fluids it will not just not let you down but it will run to the end of the trail and then some. My one complaint is that I wish it had Bluetooth integrated with a prompt on the steering wheel."

TJ for me

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Low gears, air lockers, cast iron straight 6."

Cons: "Should have bought 2."

"I absolutely love this Jeep, and very happy I got the Rubicon Edition. The newer model JK has no appeal to me with a V6 since I actually use mine off road from time to time. You just can't replace the low end torque, slowly creeping up a tough hill, with an aluminum block mini van engine. I held on to my 89 YJ up to the point Jeep rumored fundamentally changing the Wrangler, and 2005 finally offered a 6 speed manual. The 05/06 Rubicon is the holy grail of the Wrangler and I have one in khaki, hard & soft top, lift, wench, etc.."

Cons: "No locking console (but glove box is lockable)"

"This is our first Jeep, and have no regrets getting it. We bought it brand new. It does what it's supposed to do, and has never let us down. About the only inconvenience that comes to mind is the lack of a locking console between the front seats, but that can be taken care of with aftermarket products. Its 4WD system is of the outstanding quality you can expect of Jeep from the early 2000s; the only time we got stuck in moderately-deep wet snow was due to having plain old street tires on it at the time. It's practical (to a point; you can't load Everything into it), and it's quite fun off-road and as an open vehicle on pleasant weather days."

Cons: "They stopped making the TJ in 2006"

"I couldn't be happier with my 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. When Jeep announced that 2006 would be the last year of this TJ model, I decided to make the move and purchase a brand new one before they were gone. I'm so glad I did. The 2006 TJ models were the last ones to get Jeep's inline 6-cylinder engine which has great low-end torque and has had bulletproof reliability. This engine coupled with the Rubicon's 6-speed manual transmission and part-time 4x4 drivetrain gives you the ability to handle everything from the roughest off-road terrain you can find to cruising comfortably down the freeway at 75 mph. Truly an all-terrain vehicle. Living in Minnesota, where the temperature can vary range from -30 degrees in the winter to 100+ degrees in the summer, I've been able to put my 2006 TJ Rubicon through a wide range of temperatures and on-road and off-road conditions including snow, sleet, ice, slush, mud, rocks, sand, dirt, and whatever else I could find. The TJ performed flawlessly. After 8 years and 120,000 miles it still performs like new and I look forward to the next 120,000 miles in it. The only maintenance I have had to do has been the scheduled oil changes and replace the tires so the cost of ownership has been very reasonable. I wish jeep was still making the TJ model, but since they aren't, look for a good used one to purchase before it's too late. You won't be sorry."

Cons: "They stopped making the TJ in 2006"

2000 Jeep with great body!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, rugged, easy maintenance, reliable"

Cons: "not a family car"

"2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 4WD, Chili Pepper Special Edition in great body condition. Manual transmission. Color: burgundy/red (chili pepper red). Needs some minor cosmetic work. Engine and power train is in good condition. Lots of chrome! Chrome tube running boards, back bumper and front bumper. Upgraded stereo with DVD player, bluetooth and neon lighting. Custom alloy wheels from Jeep to include spare (mounted on back). Vinyl top and doors just replaced Dec 2013. Has back bench seat and towing package. 180,000 approximate miles. Only 1 owner - I bought it new. I hate to let it go but I need a family vehicle. All offers will be considered but SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY. Please NO SPAM OR SOLICITATION!"

2000 Jeep with great body!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, rugged, easy maintenance, reliable"

Cons: "not a family car"

Great for the outdoors person, convenient in town.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"This vehicle is great for the outdoors person. Never had a mechanical issue yet, when in the woods this is a big problem of course. Even in town this vehicle is very convenient, especially when finding parking. It is small for the tiny parking spots and the turning is very handy as well. Great vehicle except for the comfort level. Once you drive this vehicle you will not notice how uncomfortable it is until you get back into another vehicle."

Love this Jeep

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"Great vehicle and a fun toy for adventures"

My dream car

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun and safe"

Cons: "gas mileage average"

"My Jeep is my dream car. I remember the day I bought it, and three years later paid in full. It had minor repairs, its been well maintained and I absolutely love it. Im sad to sell her but I can't afford two insurances. I have had absolutely so much fun, with friends and family. My grandchildren i love my Jeep. Cant say enough about the durability, the sturdiness !!!! She will be surely missed in my driveway !!!!!!"

is a RHD mail jeep I am 2nd owner i believe

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "good till may 2014 Is silver w/ black hard top"

Cons: "no photos CEL is on need 02 sensor?"

"I have no history for it bought it in NW Pa Believe it was factory built no warrenty left would recommend resale for another rural mail carrier runs well maintained since owned transi oil changes brakes etc. is silver w/ black hardtop and trim body in good shape mud flaps brand new sneakers,drums, and brakes all aroumd no longer needed retired1 yay!would be grateful to get a fair price for it"

Love, Love, Love My Jeep

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Maintains value well"

Cons: "Not a family ride! Gas miles"

"I live in MN, with HARSH winters, No matter Hail, Sleet, Rain, Snow or Blizzard my baby starts right up and All Wheel drive is amazing!! And in the summer nothing like taking my top off and cruising the lakes with my friends! Stylish enough that even my sons likes it!"

angry yet suitable for a lady

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "it's a jeep!"

Cons: "needs a weld on the frame."

Teal, fun and reliable jeep!

"This Jeep was the delight of my daughters. We just found out that it requires that the frame needs welded under the transmission after hitting a mammoth pothole. My wife says it's time for a car that is easier on gas. I lost. This Wrangler is teal, new soft top, lifted, angry tires, new sound system, clean interior, reliable, solid, 4wd, and no other issues. Already had offers from neighbors and our mechanic."

Teal, fun and reliable jeep!