1997 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1169 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Cons: "No locking console (but glove box is lockable)"

"This is our first Jeep, and have no regrets getting it. We bought it brand new. It does what it's supposed to do, and has never let us down. About the only inconvenience that comes to mind is the lack of a locking console between the front seats, but that can be taken care of with aftermarket products. Its 4WD system is of the outstanding quality you can expect of Jeep from the early 2000s; the only time we got stuck in moderately-deep wet snow was due to having plain old street tires on it at the time. It's practical (to a point; you can't load Everything into it), and it's quite fun off-road and as an open vehicle on pleasant weather days."

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Bulletproof Reliability, All-Terrain Champion"

Cons: "They stopped making the TJ in 2006"

"I couldn't be happier with my 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. When Jeep announced that 2006 would be the last year of this TJ model, I decided to make the move and purchase a brand new one before they were gone. I'm so glad I did. The 2006 TJ models were the last ones to get Jeep's inline 6-cylinder engine which has great low-end torque and has had bulletproof reliability. This engine coupled with the Rubicon's 6-speed manual transmission and part-time 4x4 drivetrain gives you the ability to handle everything from the roughest off-road terrain you can find to cruising comfortably down the freeway at 75 mph. Truly an all-terrain vehicle. Living in Minnesota, where the temperature can vary range from -30 degrees in the winter to 100+ degrees in the summer, I've been able to put my 2006 TJ Rubicon through a wide range of temperatures and on-road and off-road conditions including snow, sleet, ice, slush, mud, rocks, sand, dirt, and whatever else I could find. The TJ performed flawlessly. After 8 years and 120,000 miles it still performs like new and I look forward to the next 120,000 miles in it. The only maintenance I have had to do has been the scheduled oil changes and replace the tires so the cost of ownership has been very reasonable. I wish jeep was still making the TJ model, but since they aren't, look for a good used one to purchase before it's too late. You won't be sorry."

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Bulletproof Reliability, All-Terrain Champion"

Cons: "They stopped making the TJ in 2006"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25