1997 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1196 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Jeep Wrangler X

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"One of the most iconic vehicles ever made! From the early years of military use to the present day adventure seeker in all of us not enough can be said about the Jeep. Few if any SUV's, have the Jeep's pedigree. I own a 2005 Jeep Wrangler X hardtop 2dr. Since my 1st glance of a Jeep around age 8 I have always wanted one and this Jeep has never let me down! However buyer beware. If you are a stuffed shirt aristocrat this is not the vehicle for you. Unless you work in the Rocky Mountains with no road access no one really needs a Jeep. The ride is harsh, the fuel economy is average, there is a large amount of road noise, the interior lacks maturity and unless the rear seat is removed the storage is nil. With a V6 engine and standard 6 speed transmission the Jeep is proof that you can put a rocket on a shoe box and it will fly. The resale value has to one of the best of all vehicles because deep down inside almost anyone with a pulse wants one. It takes a special person to buy and pay for a Jeep with little practical day today application as an owner you truly understand the joy of the driving experience. With the top removed the Jeep almost feels like a sports car, yet it can still crush your neighbors Toyota if he steals your parking spot. I have never felt out classed in my Jeep even when sitting at red light next to high end cars and even the smallest task of driving to the store for milk is an absolute pleasure. If you are a person of passion and admire things for simple brilliance then look no further you have found your 4 wheeled soulmate. (If you own or are thinking about buying a 4 door Jeep you do not get it so please don't)"

You will love it, flaws and all...

By on Tuesday, April 05, 2011

"I have owned my Jeep Wrangler 2006 Golden Eagle for the past 5 years. It is a great great car, and I love it DESPITE all its flaws. Obviously the Jeep Wrangler is not for everyone. If you have kids, for example, it's probably not the best family car. But, if your commute is not too long, and you rarely have more than 1 passenger, I would really recommend getting a Wrangler if you'd been wanting one. I had a lot of reservation before driving off the dealer's lot with mine, but as the years have passed I look back and really am glad I got a Wrangler instead of some "safer" choices. Man, I'd regretted it so much if I'd picked a Camry or an Accord back then. Without further ado, here are the pros and cons. PRO: 1. Awesome style. It is the pound-for-pound best value in term of style for the bucks. My car is 5 years old and people still fawn over it wherever I go. There are not too many cars (except maybe Ferrari or Maserati) that get people excited like the Jeep. I drove into the Audi dealership yesterday to pick up my wife's A4, and all the Audi guys were in love with El Jeepo. They said they had "jeep envy". Yeah, it comes with LOAD of style. 2. Like a ROCK: It is a steel cage. I am never afraid of getting hit because I feel safe. Anyway, the Jeep is so slow that I would never get into an accident anyway. 3. Modifications: Tons of them. 4. Cost of ownership: After 5 years, I have spent less than $1000 total on maintenance. 5. Top down in the summer. Go anywhere in the winter. CONS: 1. Ride is bumpy!!! Do not buy this if you are driving a lot of highway. Seriously! It is not meant for highway driving. 2. Not comfortable. Like, at all. 3. Cheap feel. It does not feel like it's refine. Lots of plastic parts. The rest are steel. 4. Not the most reliable. I know a lot of people would disagree. I think the engine may be very reliable. But there are a lot of cheap GM plastic parts outside the engine. They break. The good news is they are cheap and easy to replace. So yeah.... if you can afford it, it is a great toy/3rd car. Otherwise, get it if you commute is short. And DEFINITE GET IT IF YOU HAVE BEEN WANTING ONE. You will not regret it."

"My Jeep Experience"

By on Friday, April 01, 2011

"My jeep was pushed to every possible limit and took it like a champ. Everytime I did slip up and brake something the parts were always easy to find and cheap. I had to sell my jeep to get a truck for my job but once you own this vehicle you will always want one, so i plan to get another one in the close future."

Nice but no room

By on Friday, April 01, 2011

"I love my Sahara but there is no room for more than 2 passengers, and no space to haul anything in it. A car of any kind probably has more room inside for groceries, vacation items, long distance trips with luggage, etc. Other than lack of space, that I have no complaints."

cool and fun

By on Friday, April 01, 2011

"its fun and sporty to drive. it is great in the summer time"