1995 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 293 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

7.5/10

Strong & dependable

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I bought my '94 4x4 Wrangler in 1995 and it has gone strong since day one. Early problems w/ the muffler & heater about 10 years ago, but nothing since then. Over 100k miles, still same clutch. I have lived in California, TX, FL, NC, CO, and Maine and she has never disappointed me with exception to miles per gallon. I have also towed a (1500lb) tent trailer for over 8 years and have never had a problem. I used to joke when I was single that my kids would drive this ... now I have a 6 yr old and I think it will be no problem to wait another 10 yrs for him to drive. HAVE FUN!"

Fun but will need upkeep

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"I bought my Wrangler after a year of deliberation ,and it was a good decision, however if I could do it again, I would never get a carburated one. I spent about $3000 on mine since i bought it and a lot of work because it had two previous owners who took it off-roading. The carburator has been nothing but trouble, I have had one fixed twice and eventually replaced. The stepper motor on the carb on my particular model is also troublesome. The car is fun to drive and will perform outstandingly off-roading. It has loads of low end torque, but is not very fast at all. I love the look of older wranglers, and they are very easy to customize. The ability to change the roof, take it off, and take the doors off makes for a great driving experience weather permitting. Not a great winter car though, it takes a long time to heat up and mine doesn't shift into second gear or reverse well when its cold. Old Wranglers are great cars, but not for everyday driving. I plan on holding on to mine until I sell it to buy a 2008 Liberty or a Chrysler 300."

Gotta Love A Jeep

By on Friday, October 5, 2007

"I've driven a Jeep Wrangler since 1992. I wouldn't be happy with anything else. I live in the SoCal desert and I've never had a bad experience with my Jeep. The first one I had was a 1990 with a 4 banger. I really don't recomend the smaller motor but I never had any problems with it. It became a little slower after putting 30 X 9.50 tires on it. Now, I have a 1994 with the inline 6. Much better power with the same size tires as the other. No problem passing or pulling freeway grades as long as I drop a gear. Overall, I don't think you can beat a Jeep Wrangler for the fun to drive factor. Both of mine have been soft tops with out A/C. Even living in the desert, I wouldn't rather drive anything else."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"I've had this car for 3 years and LOVE it! The ride on the highway is a bit loud/bumpy, but wouldn't trade it. The top off in the summer is the best! And the jeep wave between owners is awesome! Mine is lifted with big tires and when I'm out on a summer day with the top off and my hair up, the boys LOVE it!"

Great Thing

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Jeep Wrangler is a great vehicle to have. I have had one for a while and it's run great. It's 13 years old and has been through everything. I would definitely recommend this to anyone."

Anything Jeep is good to buy

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Buy Jeep! Just look for anything pre-2006 when it comes to wrangler cause nothing beats the greatness of the 4.0L I6 5 speed. Hundreds of thousands of miles can be driven on that engine with great performance until the very end."

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

IT'S A JEEP THING...YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"GREAT RELIABLE VEHICLE. GONNA TRADE IN FOR THE NEW WRANGLER 4-DOOR. OH YEAH!!!"

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

Its gunna be a bumpy ride

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Car works wonderful. Looks stylish. Never had any major problems with it. Runs well. Bumpy but what jeep isnt."

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I bought my 93 last year just before turning 44. It had 181,000 miles on it and ran great. Still does. In spite of the ride, it's my "get-away" from the stress of work. I'll take it out in the morning and it clears my head for the day. I recommend it to everyone. If you ain't shiftin', it ain't a Jeep!!! :)"

awsome when well equipt

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"Withthe right combo of off road items this will run circles around ANY hummer out there. I never had seen a hummer climb a wall."

Love my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Coming from a family and friend base of "Jeepers", had to have my own. Used it daily for many years and now just once in awhile. Love it! I bragged so much that family friends, who have had several Jeeps, went out and bought one just like it and love it too! Just wish I could get more use out of it and more off road time. The gas mileage is almost as good as my Hondas and it handles a 16' trailer nicely. My only complaints have been crummy door locks, not so good on ice & no one wants to sit in the back."

fun to drive

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"its fun to drive. owning one opens options. however it is not great on gas. makes a great weekend car."

Great little jeep for desert driving

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"We have owned this jeep since it was new and only had one problem with it and that was having to replace the fuel filter. We have used it off road extensively but very carefully. We do not believe in rough treatment of any of our vehicles. Unfortunately my husband's health forces us to by home-bound so we're selling it. It has 37000 actual miles on it. I marked comfort low because it is a jeep and has large tires so it is not a quiet ride!"

What A COOOOL Jeep

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle since 1990. (SEVENTEEN YEARS NOW!!!) Currently has 175000 miles. Resealed the transfer case...THAT IS IT!!! Same moter-Trans-and internal parts in transfer case. Nothing big ever changed. Everything has had Amsoil in it since I have owned it. Wish I would have bought three of them when new and just parked them for later use!!!"

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"This jeep has worked great as a daily driver for the last 10 years."

Reliable

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This jeep is practical and very reliable. i use it as a daily driver but if i need it to take me down a dirt road to a lake or over ice covered streets during the winter, it'll get me there. jeeps are extremely fun-especially during the summer. the "jeep wave" is pretty cool too."

Just bought, ready to sell

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Just bought, ready to sell.....not for me."

92 YJ, best car i've owned

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I bought mine from a private party who took good care of it. A little unusual noise in the engine but have never had a problem with it and has never broken down on me. 15 MPG, so that's not very good with rising gas prices. The Wrangler can have a soft top or a hard top and its easy to install both yourself. Can also have full door, half, or tube doors. It's a very customizable car and the aftermarket parts are very good value. If you want a dependable vehicle, go with a Wrangler. You won't go wrong with ur money."

Nothing better than "my" Jeep

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pros: "Turning, Reliability, Endurance, Torque, FunFactor"

Cons: "Topend Speed, Noise"

"4wd, no a/c (do not need it), standard trans, 4 cyl. A lot of torque, slow at the top end speed. Turn radius is outstanding. Can pull a stuck tractor out of the middle of a forest (trust me, I've done it). I purchased her new in 1995. On Jan 1, 2013 she had 180,000 miles w/ 1x rear end, 1x exhaust system, 2x alternators, 1x water pump, 3x batteries and a few tune ups. Oh, and 3 radios (it's what happens when you get them soking wet). I'll never sell it. When the engine goes, I'm just going to put a V8 in her. If for some reason she gets totaled. Well then, I'll have to buy a new one, but until then I'll just fix whatever goes wrong with her (and so far, it hasn't been much)."

Good for price

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Great as a off road truck, perfect for budget"

Cons: "aerodynamic as a brick. slow 4 cyl"

"This was the first Jeep I owned and I love it. It has some problems but it is from 1995 with 150000 miles on it. Runs great and has had no problems offroad. Good for budget minded off roaders. Cheap to lift too. Slow 4cyl. Big tires with a 4 cylinder is a bad idea. If you can buy a inline 6, if you can't don't plan on much highway driving. don't think the inline 4 gets better mileage."

Jeep

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"We just bought a 1990 Jeep Wrangler.. Got a really good deal on it. I bought it for my husband as a gift. It is perfect for him to fish and hunt and just be a man in!! he loves it and i am glad we bought it!!"

unstoppable legend

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I purchased my '87 wrangler in '03 as my first car. I paid $3,400 for it with 170k miles. It came with a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, 3" lift, 33" off-road tires, and both hard and soft tops. So far I have put over $3,000 back into it, about half of that was mandatory to keep it working. The rest was to upgrade it. At 178k the engine blew and had to be replaced. I couldn't afford to upgrade from the 4-cylinder so I had to drop the same back in. With the 33" tires, it doesn't go very fast, 55mph max. I have gone through 2 starters, a new battery, burnt up 2 power steering pumps, broke a slip yoke, replaced back leaf springs, clutch master cylinder, and have broken many U-joints. Since there are no drain holes in the frame it is vulnerable to rust. I have had work done on it to repair weak spots. It is one of my daily drivers and I take it off-road about once a week when it's warm. There are endless things you can do with jeeps to customize them! Everyone's is different. I have added a rock crawling bumper, an 8,000 pound winch, skid plates, auxillery lights, CB radio, a new soft top, took out my carpet and hurculined the floor for easy clean up. Older jeeps are built like a rock. I hit a car broadside doing 35 and drove away with only a bent fender and bumper both of which just pulled back out. Anything I put it through, it can handle. Its simple design makes it easy for repairs. Most can be done by yourself with a little help from a repair manual. They're great for a daily driver, fun for toppless cruising, getting through bad weather, and legendary for off-roading. I love my Jeep and will never get rid of it."

Tough & Simple

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"I have ownned my 94 Wrangler for three years. I bought it used with 120,000 miles on it and have put another 14,000 on it. 2.5l 4cyl, 5 speed. Never once gave me any problems. Easy to service and maintain. Pull my 15 foot fiberglass fishing boat or snowmobile trailer very well. At first I thought I would buy a 6 cyl but after ownning this 4 cyl I would buy another. 20 mpg highway. It is the most fun vehicle I have ever ownned and being in my 50's I have owned a lot of vehicles."