1995 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 286 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

My jeep wrangler

By on Monday, June 02, 2008

"I have owned my jeep for about 3 years and have had some minor problems... they are really easy to work on with minimal knowlege. the carb's on these jeeps are nothing but problems. i recomend upgrading to the Carter carb, or fuel injection. they can go anywhere. good in snow and rough terrain. mine is automatic, and i would prefer the 5spd manual..."

In a Class of Its Own

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Although my '93 Wrangler YJ gets on average 15-18 MPG, the engine and mechanical parts are very reliable. I have only needed to replace the clutch and the tranny, which are expected wear-and-tear repairs. The standard exhaust manifold was welded when it cracked (a common problem with these vehicles), and I had a new exhaust system installed, which gave it a throaty sound. I haven't driven it with a soft top, but it's a joy to drive with the top off in the summer and the hardtop on when the weather turns cold. The biggest issues I have with my Jeep are the noisy interior (makes it hard to talk on the phone while driving) and the bouncy ride after I added a 3.5" leaf spring lift. Otherwise, I love my Jeep and get compliments on it all the time!"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"We've owned our Jeep for just 8 months, but wouldn't trade it for any other. We tow it behind our Motorhome and hardly know its there. When the weathers warm there's nothing like takin the top off and having the wind in your hair. Jeep owners are super people and we're always getting waves as we pass each other on or off the road. Can't wait to get to the desert and have some real fun!!!"

Motor size

By on Saturday, April 19, 2008

"The 4 cylinder motor is too small to turn my 32" tires. It has 136000 miles ang still runs strong."

Its a JEEP, nuff said

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"After driving the military, version for 15 years I switched to the civilian version and after more than 120,000 miles havent been disappointed. The reason I gave it a four, for performance, styling and comfort is based on highway driving, basically it is a brick on the highway, but see a trail and BOOM your on it with no problems. If you like a GOOD all around vehicle that can go just about anywhere, than JEEP is your vehicle! If ya wanna just go fast buy a VETTE! :) IntelGrunt"

My Jeep's named Sid

By on Thursday, February 07, 2008

"I bought Sid the day after Christmas 2005. Ever since it has been quite the ride. The overall rating comes because of just how much fun it is to drive and it gives the confidence that you can drive this Jeep everywhere. Just don't be in a hurry on the Highway. 55 mph to 60 mph is about it. But see a dirt road or trail.....you just can't beat it. Value is in the eye of the owner. The freedom of no top and no doors along with the above mentioned things adds up to a hi Value rating. Reliability....Super and if something does go wrong a Haynes Manual and a medium sized tool collection is all you need. Unless you don't like doing your own work. It gets expensive when you take it to the dealer, just like any other vehicle. Sid has a lot of style and performance because I have added 33" Tires, Rims, Lights and the list goes on. As for the comfort.....It is a leaf spring vehicle. So it rides rough. You have to slow down for corners, and driving it on the highway is harsh. But SO WHAT!!!! The pure feeling that the Jeep gives is second to none!! The Jeep wave is a must for and Wrangler driver and passenger. If you want fun filled drives buy a Jeep. If you want cushy buy something else. Fair warning!!!!! Jeeps are addictive and if you are single, you more than likely won't be single for long. I married the woman that I met while Jeeping."

da jeep

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I bought my '95 jeep back in '99. I have done every repair that it has ever needed. Last year I lifted it and added 32.5 x 12.5's on it. Since then I have done things on it that I would never have imagined!! (jeep thing) Finding body parts for it is not easy, at all. Yet the dents add character and I am OK with it. The 4-low with even the 4cyl provides more then enough torque then you will ever imagine. (I pulled a semi-tracter out of a snowy embankment about 6 years ago, no kidding). In actuallity, I have put my 6 / 8 cyl, friends to shame with some of the things I have done (thanks to the smaller dana 35's that give me more clearance on the bottom) I have seen them tear up drive trains and axles with their "power". For rock crawlin' and mud slinging, I recommend nothing better."

Strong & dependable

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I bought my '94 4x4 Wrangler in 1995 and it has gone strong since day one. Early problems w/ the muffler & heater about 10 years ago, but nothing since then. Over 100k miles, still same clutch. I have lived in California, TX, FL, NC, CO, and Maine and she has never disappointed me with exception to miles per gallon. I have also towed a (1500lb) tent trailer for over 8 years and have never had a problem. I used to joke when I was single that my kids would drive this ... now I have a 6 yr old and I think it will be no problem to wait another 10 yrs for him to drive. HAVE FUN!"

Fun but will need upkeep

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"I bought my Wrangler after a year of deliberation ,and it was a good decision, however if I could do it again, I would never get a carburated one. I spent about $3000 on mine since i bought it and a lot of work because it had two previous owners who took it off-roading. The carburator has been nothing but trouble, I have had one fixed twice and eventually replaced. The stepper motor on the carb on my particular model is also troublesome. The car is fun to drive and will perform outstandingly off-roading. It has loads of low end torque, but is not very fast at all. I love the look of older wranglers, and they are very easy to customize. The ability to change the roof, take it off, and take the doors off makes for a great driving experience weather permitting. Not a great winter car though, it takes a long time to heat up and mine doesn't shift into second gear or reverse well when its cold. Old Wranglers are great cars, but not for everyday driving. I plan on holding on to mine until I sell it to buy a 2008 Liberty or a Chrysler 300."

Gotta Love A Jeep

By on Friday, October 05, 2007

"I've driven a Jeep Wrangler since 1992. I wouldn't be happy with anything else. I live in the SoCal desert and I've never had a bad experience with my Jeep. The first one I had was a 1990 with a 4 banger. I really don't recomend the smaller motor but I never had any problems with it. It became a little slower after putting 30 X 9.50 tires on it. Now, I have a 1994 with the inline 6. Much better power with the same size tires as the other. No problem passing or pulling freeway grades as long as I drop a gear. Overall, I don't think you can beat a Jeep Wrangler for the fun to drive factor. Both of mine have been soft tops with out A/C. Even living in the desert, I wouldn't rather drive anything else."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I've had this car for 3 years and LOVE it! The ride on the highway is a bit loud/bumpy, but wouldn't trade it. The top off in the summer is the best! And the jeep wave between owners is awesome! Mine is lifted with big tires and when I'm out on a summer day with the top off and my hair up, the boys LOVE it!"

Great Thing

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Jeep Wrangler is a great vehicle to have. I have had one for a while and it's run great. It's 13 years old and has been through everything. I would definitely recommend this to anyone."

Anything Jeep is good to buy

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Buy Jeep! Just look for anything pre-2006 when it comes to wrangler cause nothing beats the greatness of the 4.0L I6 5 speed. Hundreds of thousands of miles can be driven on that engine with great performance until the very end."

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

IT'S A JEEP THING...YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"GREAT RELIABLE VEHICLE. GONNA TRADE IN FOR THE NEW WRANGLER 4-DOOR. OH YEAH!!!"

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

Its gunna be a bumpy ride

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Car works wonderful. Looks stylish. Never had any major problems with it. Runs well. Bumpy but what jeep isnt."

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I bought my 93 last year just before turning 44. It had 181,000 miles on it and ran great. Still does. In spite of the ride, it's my "get-away" from the stress of work. I'll take it out in the morning and it clears my head for the day. I recommend it to everyone. If you ain't shiftin', it ain't a Jeep!!! :)"

awsome when well equipt

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"Withthe right combo of off road items this will run circles around ANY hummer out there. I never had seen a hummer climb a wall."

Love my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Coming from a family and friend base of "Jeepers", had to have my own. Used it daily for many years and now just once in awhile. Love it! I bragged so much that family friends, who have had several Jeeps, went out and bought one just like it and love it too! Just wish I could get more use out of it and more off road time. The gas mileage is almost as good as my Hondas and it handles a 16' trailer nicely. My only complaints have been crummy door locks, not so good on ice & no one wants to sit in the back."

fun to drive

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"its fun to drive. owning one opens options. however it is not great on gas. makes a great weekend car."

Great little jeep for desert driving

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"We have owned this jeep since it was new and only had one problem with it and that was having to replace the fuel filter. We have used it off road extensively but very carefully. We do not believe in rough treatment of any of our vehicles. Unfortunately my husband's health forces us to by home-bound so we're selling it. It has 37000 actual miles on it. I marked comfort low because it is a jeep and has large tires so it is not a quiet ride!"

What A COOOOL Jeep

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle since 1990. (SEVENTEEN YEARS NOW!!!) Currently has 175000 miles. Resealed the transfer case...THAT IS IT!!! Same moter-Trans-and internal parts in transfer case. Nothing big ever changed. Everything has had Amsoil in it since I have owned it. Wish I would have bought three of them when new and just parked them for later use!!!"

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"This jeep has worked great as a daily driver for the last 10 years."

Reliable

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This jeep is practical and very reliable. i use it as a daily driver but if i need it to take me down a dirt road to a lake or over ice covered streets during the winter, it'll get me there. jeeps are extremely fun-especially during the summer. the "jeep wave" is pretty cool too."