1995 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 283 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

Love my Jeep!!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, get noticed, great during the summer"

Cons: "Winter a bit chilly, top tears, zippers break"

"In 1998 I bought my first Jeep!!! I did not realize how much I would actually love it!! Now 14 years and I still have my Jeep!!! It is amazing... It has had very few problems and my mechanic does not see me much... Except when he sees me on the road going somewhere... Over the years I've had many people tell me they want to buy my Jeep.... I say, It's not for sale... The only thing that could part me from my Jeep is if it gets totaled in an accident... It's fun to drive and sure to get you noticed... I rate it as a perfect score... Out of all the vehicles I've owned, the Jeep is the best and my favorite!!!"

a joy to have

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "good value. easy to work on. fun to drive"

Cons: "bad MPG but its a JEEP"

"Complete joy, i love it. wouldn't drive anything but a jeep! its bumpy and loud but i wouldn't have it any other way"

drives great on and off road

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "strong ,stout vehicle"

Cons: "needs cosmetics,upkeep"

goes anywhere

"Rebuilt motor,clutch,trans and rear end. New radiator,alternator,steering box,exhaust manifold,sensors and more. Custom wheels x5, new spare,farely new rears and lots of tread on fronts. 3 tops-hard, bikini and soft. All guages and air in fine working order,no cracks on dash. new windshield. Carpeted throughout,bench seat,lock box,optima battery...."

goes anywhere

How can you not love a Wrangler?

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive in the summer."

Cons: "gas mileage, wind noise with or without top."

"Terrible gas mileage, cold in the winter, hot in the summer, but a hoot to drive with no doors or top. Plus it goes through adverse conditions better than anything on wheels."

Awesome Fun and some Practicality

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Easy to Fix, Great in snow/offroad"

Cons: "Not really comfortable for long drives"

"Bought this jeep new and drive it almost daily. Have had very few problems and it's very simple to work on when you do. Great fun off road and around town. Outward visibility is great. and you can park this thing anywhere. Power isn't bad, but the power band is all on the low end - really not designed for speeds over say 65. Handling is actually pretty good on mountain roads, but it's a wrangler and straight line tracking isn't a strong point. Probably the one of the worst vehicles you can drive on an interstate - the sound is deafening and things happen fast - it will change lanes on you if you aren't paying attention every second. The Rio Grande trim level does add some comfort and convenience features, but this is not a vehicle you want to drive all day long - it will beat you up. However the fun factor is very high and it is unstoppable in deep snow and off road."

Love my Jeep

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

"Bought this with 178,000 mi a year and a half ago and haven't had a day of trouble with it. I don't drive it in the snow, but it is a blast to take the top and doors off in the summer."

great solid rig, versatile

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "cool rig, drive for play, commute"

Cons: "noise, soft top, vinyl windows"

cool blue ready for the road

"ours was well taken care of from the start, barely had it off-road in 4x4 mode; lots of fun to drive, gives you an attitude of being ready for anything, having fun, and an attention getter. We drove for fun, show, short trips to town/work/cruising. lots of aftermarket extras like EFI make a HUGE diff from carb. Std.I-6 4.2 L engine is basic, good performer, plenty of power; decent mileage. easy to maintain, no frills. Keep up with oil, trans fluid and it will take you anywhere. Back seat not for full size adults for very long trips. Not much cargo space unless rear seat out. Tops can be a bear to change; esp. full - its a 2person job. But differnt tops make it a year-round rig. Vinyl windows scratch"

cool blue ready for the road

Great Cheap 4x4 - Solid Jeep

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Reason: Bought newer Wrangler

Pros: "lower cost, offroad capable, upgrades, top(s)"

Cons: "rust, previous owners, not fast fast fast...lol"

Jeep vs. Snow = you win.

"Traded a Civic for the 94 Wrangler. Lifted it (suspension, not body) and put 31's under it. Daily drove it until I bought a TJ. The 2.5L motor is reliable as a stone yet underpowered for this chassis. Highway driving is ok at 55 but freeways and big hills at speed are a challenge. Regearing can work wonders. Still, at low speeds and offroad it proves it's worth. Transmission with the 4cyl is the venerable AX5, kinda weak, 5th gear is commonly not working thanks to a poorly designed C clip, not expensive to fix but a pain in the butt. 5th is basically an overdrive anyway so cruising in 4th is comfortable...no worries. Generally the manual is better than the automatic. 4cyl w/ auto trans is the slowest, weakest, most dogged, least reliable setup you can buy for YJ's. YJ's with the 4.0L and AX15 are optimal. Much more tolerable, powerful, and reliable. Swaps are very common for 350 V8's, 4.0L, stroker motors, etc. Interior is always spartan but very functional, usable. Rather cold with the soft top/half doors. Add a rollbar curtain to keep the heat by the front seats. Hard top/doors really helps keep you warm. If you are expecting anything other than a Jeep in terms of ride/comfort/etc, go buy another type of vehicle. This era Wrangler is almost totally utilitarian. I loved mine. Dana 30 and 35 axles are good for up to 33" tires. Beyond that, consider D44's. Things to look out for: rust holes in frame (esp rear shackle mount), rust on body, bent/damaged axles, shoddy modifications, excessive offroad abuse/neglect. Ladies love Wranglers. Just FYI...gents."

Jeep vs. Snow = you win.

Best vehicle ever owned. Bought new in 1993.

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Reliable and fun to drive. Great for farm use."

Cons: "Straight six too much power of vehicle."

"Most relaible car I have ever owned. Engine and transmission have performed flawlessly with normal maintenance. Simple design and easy to get to mechanics makes it a breeze to work on and service. Have used on the farm for the last 15 years. Only vehicle I can count on to get me where I need to be when roads are impassable due to snow and icey weather. I think it would climb a tree if I could keep the tires on it. My 3 girls all drove to high school and college so it is child proof. Saving to restore for my grandson"

Pathetic

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Reliable once in gear."

Cons: "Pathetic engine, many more found once driven"

"The car that I have is pathetic. If I try driving on the freeway going into the wind, I can't get the car past 55mph. The engine is the weakest engine that I have ever seen. The 4 wheel drive sounds like it is grinding on the gears or something like that if I slip up on the way that I put it into 4 wheel drive. Once it is in gear it is reliable as in it won't randomly shut off or stop working, but again, the 4-cylinder engine is just pathetic."

Great off road vehicle!

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Reliable transportation..great off road capability"

Cons: "Marginal spare tire."

"New soft top installed. Great off road tires. Used vehicle primarily for hunting trips. Garaged all the time. Very good paint. Strong engine. Overhead lights for off road vision. Vehicle lights wire covered for protection. Towing bar assembly attached and operational. Mulitple speakers on board, but disconnected."

awesome until it breaks

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "bad cup holders"

"best overall car in class, until you break a part and have to get out the torx bolts"

Awesome car.

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, good for teenagers"

Cons: "no cruise control"

"It was my first car in high school. It did everything I wanted it too. It was reliable and sturdy. I never got it stuck in mud or snow. It is perfect for off-roading."

jeep wrangler

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"this is the best car ever for going to the beach and to save money on gas it's very confortable for a 4 family to have fun all around .."

Great Jeep! Nothing fancy...

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "No Frills so nothing to break, Fun to drive and Goes ANYWHERE!"

Cons: "Rides like a flat bed lumber truck."

"I recently bought my Wrangler and am happy to have joined the Wrangler family. The truck is nothing fancy and is by no means a comfortable ride, but its good looking and will go anywhere. This car does not have the conveniences I had grown acustom to, but once I was able to get past that I have loved it. I did have to upgrade the TWO speaker system to something a little more realistic, though. So a simple head unit swap, addition of two more speakers and a 12" subwoofer and amp did just the trick! I love having the hardtop as it provides me with the protection from the elements but the ability to remove the top and use it like a Wrangler is supposed to be used! I also have enjoyed the general ease and convenience for a Do It Yourselfer like me this Jeep has provided. Great car overall and I look forward to many more years to come."

Great Jeep! Nothing fancy...

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "No Frills so nothing to break, Fun to drive and Goes ANYWHERE!"

Cons: "Rides like a flat bed lumber truck."

Great fun car

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "like a rickedy roller coaster"

"This car is bullet proof, i bought it used and it has never had a problem. The soft to is fun but does have to be maintained."

I love this vehicle its all i could ask for

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "Will do anything"

Cons: "High maintaince"

"It runs like a champ starts when its cold goes anywhere. The jeep is high maintiance vehicle. Its no car, but it is well worth every hour i have put under that hood!"

Worst vehicle ever!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "soft top"

Cons: "falling apart after maitnence is been kept up forever."

"The car has been a pice of junk ever sence I bought it. It rattles like a tin can and somthings always grinding. Everything about the car has been up to date so its not operator error. My 40 year old car (still all original) is more reliable. I would never buy another Jeep again. The only thing is like is the soft top."

great car

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

"overall a very good card"

grate

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

"it needs a lift"

Perfect for the Long Island lifestyle

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "best bang for the buck, great for long island life style"

Cons: "a few rust spots, nothing major"

"My pops got me an electric blue wrangler with a couple aftermarket pieces, new radio (waterproof), waterproof seat covers, speakers on the roll bar, bigger tires. I fell in love instantly, i can cruise on and off the beach no prob, she runs like a champ, unfortunately i cant have her come with me when i move to the other coast for school, need some one to take care of her..."

jeeps are a fun change

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "fuel gauge don't work and it is a rebuild"

"u can have the roof on or off and it is great to take in the mountains or cruise around in anywhere."

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

92 YJ, best car i've owned

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I bought mine from a private party who took good care of it. A little unusual noise in the engine but have never had a problem with it and has never broken down on me. 15 MPG, so that's not very good with rising gas prices. The Wrangler can have a soft top or a hard top and its easy to install both yourself. Can also have full door, half, or tube doors. It's a very customizable car and the aftermarket parts are very good value. If you want a dependable vehicle, go with a Wrangler. You won't go wrong with ur money."