1995 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 286 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

Love my Jeep!!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, get noticed, great during the summer"

Cons: "Winter a bit chilly, top tears, zippers break"

"In 1998 I bought my first Jeep!!! I did not realize how much I would actually love it!! Now 14 years and I still have my Jeep!!! It is amazing... It has had very few problems and my mechanic does not see me much... Except when he sees me on the road going somewhere... Over the years I've had many people tell me they want to buy my Jeep.... I say, It's not for sale... The only thing that could part me from my Jeep is if it gets totaled in an accident... It's fun to drive and sure to get you noticed... I rate it as a perfect score... Out of all the vehicles I've owned, the Jeep is the best and my favorite!!!"

Great Cheap 4x4 - Solid Jeep

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Reason: Bought newer Wrangler

Pros: "lower cost, offroad capable, upgrades, top(s)"

Cons: "rust, previous owners, not fast fast fast...lol"

Jeep vs. Snow = you win.

"Traded a Civic for the 94 Wrangler. Lifted it (suspension, not body) and put 31's under it. Daily drove it until I bought a TJ. The 2.5L motor is reliable as a stone yet underpowered for this chassis. Highway driving is ok at 55 but freeways and big hills at speed are a challenge. Regearing can work wonders. Still, at low speeds and offroad it proves it's worth. Transmission with the 4cyl is the venerable AX5, kinda weak, 5th gear is commonly not working thanks to a poorly designed C clip, not expensive to fix but a pain in the butt. 5th is basically an overdrive anyway so cruising in 4th is comfortable...no worries. Generally the manual is better than the automatic. 4cyl w/ auto trans is the slowest, weakest, most dogged, least reliable setup you can buy for YJ's. YJ's with the 4.0L and AX15 are optimal. Much more tolerable, powerful, and reliable. Swaps are very common for 350 V8's, 4.0L, stroker motors, etc. Interior is always spartan but very functional, usable. Rather cold with the soft top/half doors. Add a rollbar curtain to keep the heat by the front seats. Hard top/doors really helps keep you warm. If you are expecting anything other than a Jeep in terms of ride/comfort/etc, go buy another type of vehicle. This era Wrangler is almost totally utilitarian. I loved mine. Dana 30 and 35 axles are good for up to 33" tires. Beyond that, consider D44's. Things to look out for: rust holes in frame (esp rear shackle mount), rust on body, bent/damaged axles, shoddy modifications, excessive offroad abuse/neglect. Ladies love Wranglers. Just FYI...gents."

Jeep vs. Snow = you win.

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"Bought this when I was young and dumb. Now I am switching to a small truck because I want something comfortable. I have taken it off road several times and it out performed other vehicles with me, and mudding quite a few times... But now I end up driving on 1400 mile one way trips and it is just too terribly uncomfortable especially with the windows down to stay cool. AC is a waist on it, too much heat coming up from the tranny and engine and too many air leaks with no insulation. Driving it though the mountains on the highway when you are fully loaded down and you will be right there in the slow lane going 40 mph, and I have the 6 cylinder. Brakes are way underpowered for a full load and 32 inch tires though. Still I love the thing to death and will still keep it. A truck will just get me better millage and be considerable less noisy and much more comfortable for long trips."

So Reliable

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "It's Fun To Drive In!"

Cons: "Kind Of Noisy"

"It is a great car. I bought it in '93 and it's still running great!"

BEEP BEEP

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Amazing vehicle, and at the age it is at, parts are easy to find, and it's still old enough to be easy to work on. On a sunny day it is a pleasure to drive, and on a rainy one it's a driving experience. While the Jeep is not a practical vehicle, I would not trade it for anything. It's fun to drive, and at 191,000 miles, it couldn't be more reliable."