1995 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 289 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

Good for price

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great as a off road truck, perfect for budget"

Cons: "aerodynamic as a brick. slow 4 cyl"

"This was the first Jeep I owned and I love it. It has some problems but it is from 1995 with 150000 miles on it. Runs great and has had no problems offroad. Good for budget minded off roaders. Cheap to lift too. Slow 4cyl. Big tires with a 4 cylinder is a bad idea. If you can buy a inline 6, if you can't don't plan on much highway driving. don't think the inline 4 gets better mileage."

Jeep

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"We just bought a 1990 Jeep Wrangler.. Got a really good deal on it. I bought it for my husband as a gift. It is perfect for him to fish and hunt and just be a man in!! he loves it and i am glad we bought it!!"

Great Jeep

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"I've had my Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande for eight years. I took the 31" tires off it soon as I got it and put the stock treads back on. I added a 9000lb winch and a Sure-Pull rear hitch. It has the 2.5 four banger with the manual 5 speed. With the proper tackle I've rescued two ditched suburbans and one Trooper laying on it's side in a creek. Off road adventure is not about horse power but gearing. The Army M-151A1 "Jeeps", before the HUMMER, all had 4 cylinder engines carried four GIs and yanked a quarter ton trailer. I love my Wrangler and will never sell it. If you take care of them, they will take you where you want to go and bring you back. It's a shame they have ruined the Jeep since 2007."

Tough & Simple

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"I have ownned my 94 Wrangler for three years. I bought it used with 120,000 miles on it and have put another 14,000 on it. 2.5l 4cyl, 5 speed. Never once gave me any problems. Easy to service and maintain. Pull my 15 foot fiberglass fishing boat or snowmobile trailer very well. At first I thought I would buy a 6 cyl but after ownning this 4 cyl I would buy another. 20 mpg highway. It is the most fun vehicle I have ever ownned and being in my 50's I have owned a lot of vehicles."

unstoppable legend

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I purchased my '87 wrangler in '03 as my first car. I paid $3,400 for it with 170k miles. It came with a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, 3" lift, 33" off-road tires, and both hard and soft tops. So far I have put over $3,000 back into it, about half of that was mandatory to keep it working. The rest was to upgrade it. At 178k the engine blew and had to be replaced. I couldn't afford to upgrade from the 4-cylinder so I had to drop the same back in. With the 33" tires, it doesn't go very fast, 55mph max. I have gone through 2 starters, a new battery, burnt up 2 power steering pumps, broke a slip yoke, replaced back leaf springs, clutch master cylinder, and have broken many U-joints. Since there are no drain holes in the frame it is vulnerable to rust. I have had work done on it to repair weak spots. It is one of my daily drivers and I take it off-road about once a week when it's warm. There are endless things you can do with jeeps to customize them! Everyone's is different. I have added a rock crawling bumper, an 8,000 pound winch, skid plates, auxillery lights, CB radio, a new soft top, took out my carpet and hurculined the floor for easy clean up. Older jeeps are built like a rock. I hit a car broadside doing 35 and drove away with only a bent fender and bumper both of which just pulled back out. Anything I put it through, it can handle. Its simple design makes it easy for repairs. Most can be done by yourself with a little help from a repair manual. They're great for a daily driver, fun for toppless cruising, getting through bad weather, and legendary for off-roading. I love my Jeep and will never get rid of it."