1995 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 286 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

Good for price

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great as a off road truck, perfect for budget"

Cons: "aerodynamic as a brick. slow 4 cyl"

"This was the first Jeep I owned and I love it. It has some problems but it is from 1995 with 150000 miles on it. Runs great and has had no problems offroad. Good for budget minded off roaders. Cheap to lift too. Slow 4cyl. Big tires with a 4 cylinder is a bad idea. If you can buy a inline 6, if you can't don't plan on much highway driving. don't think the inline 4 gets better mileage."

Jeep

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"We just bought a 1990 Jeep Wrangler.. Got a really good deal on it. I bought it for my husband as a gift. It is perfect for him to fish and hunt and just be a man in!! he loves it and i am glad we bought it!!"

most fun you can have

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"I have only owned my 93 yj for 3 months, but I can tell you that this is the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It is not by any means a fast or comfortable truck. But if you want something that can go anywhere and do anything this is the best purchase around. I have owned numerous vehicles and I will say that I will take this anyday over all the others. The good, Always get looks from people, Nothing like taking the top off and driving around on a sunny day. (don't forget the sunblock). Great to take to the icecream palor with the family. The Bad, Not very comfortable, (it is a jeep). Not great speed (Once again this is a jeep). But it is a all around great vehicle to drive. I would tell any one to go out a get themselves a jeep."

Tough & Simple

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"I have ownned my 94 Wrangler for three years. I bought it used with 120,000 miles on it and have put another 14,000 on it. 2.5l 4cyl, 5 speed. Never once gave me any problems. Easy to service and maintain. Pull my 15 foot fiberglass fishing boat or snowmobile trailer very well. At first I thought I would buy a 6 cyl but after ownning this 4 cyl I would buy another. 20 mpg highway. It is the most fun vehicle I have ever ownned and being in my 50's I have owned a lot of vehicles."

Great Jeep

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"I've had my Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande for eight years. I took the 31" tires off it soon as I got it and put the stock treads back on. I added a 9000lb winch and a Sure-Pull rear hitch. It has the 2.5 four banger with the manual 5 speed. With the proper tackle I've rescued two ditched suburbans and one Trooper laying on it's side in a creek. Off road adventure is not about horse power but gearing. The Army M-151A1 "Jeeps", before the HUMMER, all had 4 cylinder engines carried four GIs and yanked a quarter ton trailer. I love my Wrangler and will never sell it. If you take care of them, they will take you where you want to go and bring you back. It's a shame they have ruined the Jeep since 2007."

unstoppable legend

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I purchased my '87 wrangler in '03 as my first car. I paid $3,400 for it with 170k miles. It came with a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, 3" lift, 33" off-road tires, and both hard and soft tops. So far I have put over $3,000 back into it, about half of that was mandatory to keep it working. The rest was to upgrade it. At 178k the engine blew and had to be replaced. I couldn't afford to upgrade from the 4-cylinder so I had to drop the same back in. With the 33" tires, it doesn't go very fast, 55mph max. I have gone through 2 starters, a new battery, burnt up 2 power steering pumps, broke a slip yoke, replaced back leaf springs, clutch master cylinder, and have broken many U-joints. Since there are no drain holes in the frame it is vulnerable to rust. I have had work done on it to repair weak spots. It is one of my daily drivers and I take it off-road about once a week when it's warm. There are endless things you can do with jeeps to customize them! Everyone's is different. I have added a rock crawling bumper, an 8,000 pound winch, skid plates, auxillery lights, CB radio, a new soft top, took out my carpet and hurculined the floor for easy clean up. Older jeeps are built like a rock. I hit a car broadside doing 35 and drove away with only a bent fender and bumper both of which just pulled back out. Anything I put it through, it can handle. Its simple design makes it easy for repairs. Most can be done by yourself with a little help from a repair manual. They're great for a daily driver, fun for toppless cruising, getting through bad weather, and legendary for off-roading. I love my Jeep and will never get rid of it."

Awesome Fun and some Practicality

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Easy to Fix, Great in snow/offroad"

Cons: "Not really comfortable for long drives"

"Bought this jeep new and drive it almost daily. Have had very few problems and it's very simple to work on when you do. Great fun off road and around town. Outward visibility is great. and you can park this thing anywhere. Power isn't bad, but the power band is all on the low end - really not designed for speeds over say 65. Handling is actually pretty good on mountain roads, but it's a wrangler and straight line tracking isn't a strong point. Probably the one of the worst vehicles you can drive on an interstate - the sound is deafening and things happen fast - it will change lanes on you if you aren't paying attention every second. The Rio Grande trim level does add some comfort and convenience features, but this is not a vehicle you want to drive all day long - it will beat you up. However the fun factor is very high and it is unstoppable in deep snow and off road."

Best bang for your buck

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I have a '91 renegade 4.0 5 speed. I haven't owned it long but I will say I have driven from Vegas to Bakersfield, ca. 3 times this month and once to needles. No worries the entire trip. Mind you Big Red has 312,000 miles on her and has definitely been rode hard and put away soaked. I'll never own anything else, ever!!"

Reliable

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I purchased my '92 Wrangler used about 11 years ago. I have put 132,000 miles on it, for a total of 153,000 miles. To date, I have only had to replace the battery and the water pump. The water pump was easy to replace and only cost about $30. While replacing the water pump I replaced the water hoses and radiator. I chose to replace the radiator because the tabs holding on the tank were beginning to corrode. The radiator cost $190. I have been very happy with my Jeep and plan to keep it for many years to come. I would recommend this vehical because it is reliable, very easy to work on, and the parts are reasonably priced."

Reliable vehicle - quality drivetrane, enjoyed 4wd

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Good price, 4wd fun, good in snow, safe"

Cons: "Poor comfort & interior , gas economy."

"Pro's: Vehicle reliability, 4.0L engine MFI, 5spd. transmission,transfer case, clutch, 4wd long lasting. Good in snow and basically what vehicle designed for. Cons's: Poor fuel economy,Cheap interior components and door handles. Not that comfortable. Vehicle used for 4wd offroad applications, but axles are weak dana 30 and 35. Should be atleast dana 44 with options for dana 60. My vehicle was heavily modified with upgraded engine and supercharger. Also made axle,suspension,and other upgrades. Part houses catering to upgrades for older Jeeps and parts availability are good."