1994 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 293 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

7.5/10

Great Jeep

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"I've had my Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande for eight years. I took the 31" tires off it soon as I got it and put the stock treads back on. I added a 9000lb winch and a Sure-Pull rear hitch. It has the 2.5 four banger with the manual 5 speed. With the proper tackle I've rescued two ditched suburbans and one Trooper laying on it's side in a creek. Off road adventure is not about horse power but gearing. The Army M-151A1 "Jeeps", before the HUMMER, all had 4 cylinder engines carried four GIs and yanked a quarter ton trailer. I love my Wrangler and will never sell it. If you take care of them, they will take you where you want to go and bring you back. It's a shame they have ruined the Jeep since 2007."

unmatched

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I have jeeps all my life after owning jeeps there are no substitutes for it's off road capibilitys. never meating nother jeep stranger after buying a wrangler or cj it's like buying into a family with a long history. a bit of history on my personal yj Wrangler I've ownened it for 9 years and racking up 279,675 miles 2 tuneups and changing the oil every 3000 miles have not replaced not 1 part on the engine."

Reliable

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I purchased my '92 Wrangler used about 11 years ago. I have put 132,000 miles on it, for a total of 153,000 miles. To date, I have only had to replace the battery and the water pump. The water pump was easy to replace and only cost about $30. While replacing the water pump I replaced the water hoses and radiator. I chose to replace the radiator because the tabs holding on the tank were beginning to corrode. The radiator cost $190. I have been very happy with my Jeep and plan to keep it for many years to come. I would recommend this vehical because it is reliable, very easy to work on, and the parts are reasonably priced."

Love my Jeep!!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, get noticed, great during the summer"

Cons: "Winter a bit chilly, top tears, zippers break"

"In 1998 I bought my first Jeep!!! I did not realize how much I would actually love it!! Now 14 years and I still have my Jeep!!! It is amazing... It has had very few problems and my mechanic does not see me much... Except when he sees me on the road going somewhere... Over the years I've had many people tell me they want to buy my Jeep.... I say, It's not for sale... The only thing that could part me from my Jeep is if it gets totaled in an accident... It's fun to drive and sure to get you noticed... I rate it as a perfect score... Out of all the vehicles I've owned, the Jeep is the best and my favorite!!!"

Great Cheap 4x4 - Solid Jeep

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Reason: Bought newer Wrangler

Pros: "lower cost, offroad capable, upgrades, top(s)"

Cons: "rust, previous owners, not fast fast fast...lol"

Jeep vs. Snow = you win.

"Traded a Civic for the 94 Wrangler. Lifted it (suspension, not body) and put 31's under it. Daily drove it until I bought a TJ. The 2.5L motor is reliable as a stone yet underpowered for this chassis. Highway driving is ok at 55 but freeways and big hills at speed are a challenge. Regearing can work wonders. Still, at low speeds and offroad it proves it's worth. Transmission with the 4cyl is the venerable AX5, kinda weak, 5th gear is commonly not working thanks to a poorly designed C clip, not expensive to fix but a pain in the butt. 5th is basically an overdrive anyway so cruising in 4th is comfortable...no worries. Generally the manual is better than the automatic. 4cyl w/ auto trans is the slowest, weakest, most dogged, least reliable setup you can buy for YJ's. YJ's with the 4.0L and AX15 are optimal. Much more tolerable, powerful, and reliable. Swaps are very common for 350 V8's, 4.0L, stroker motors, etc. Interior is always spartan but very functional, usable. Rather cold with the soft top/half doors. Add a rollbar curtain to keep the heat by the front seats. Hard top/doors really helps keep you warm. If you are expecting anything other than a Jeep in terms of ride/comfort/etc, go buy another type of vehicle. This era Wrangler is almost totally utilitarian. I loved mine. Dana 30 and 35 axles are good for up to 33" tires. Beyond that, consider D44's. Things to look out for: rust holes in frame (esp rear shackle mount), rust on body, bent/damaged axles, shoddy modifications, excessive offroad abuse/neglect. Ladies love Wranglers. Just FYI...gents."

Jeep vs. Snow = you win.