1994 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 289 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

a joy to have

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "good value. easy to work on. fun to drive"

Cons: "bad MPG but its a JEEP"

"Complete joy, i love it. wouldn't drive anything but a jeep! its bumpy and loud but i wouldn't have it any other way"

How can you not love a Wrangler?

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive in the summer."

Cons: "gas mileage, wind noise with or without top."

"Terrible gas mileage, cold in the winter, hot in the summer, but a hoot to drive with no doors or top. Plus it goes through adverse conditions better than anything on wheels."

Love my Jeep

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

"Bought this with 178,000 mi a year and a half ago and haven't had a day of trouble with it. I don't drive it in the snow, but it is a blast to take the top and doors off in the summer."

Great Jeep! Nothing fancy...

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "No Frills so nothing to break, Fun to drive and Goes ANYWHERE!"

Cons: "Rides like a flat bed lumber truck."

"I recently bought my Wrangler and am happy to have joined the Wrangler family. The truck is nothing fancy and is by no means a comfortable ride, but its good looking and will go anywhere. This car does not have the conveniences I had grown acustom to, but once I was able to get past that I have loved it. I did have to upgrade the TWO speaker system to something a little more realistic, though. So a simple head unit swap, addition of two more speakers and a 12" subwoofer and amp did just the trick! I love having the hardtop as it provides me with the protection from the elements but the ability to remove the top and use it like a Wrangler is supposed to be used! I also have enjoyed the general ease and convenience for a Do It Yourselfer like me this Jeep has provided. Great car overall and I look forward to many more years to come."

I love this vehicle its all i could ask for

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "Will do anything"

Cons: "High maintaince"

"It runs like a champ starts when its cold goes anywhere. The jeep is high maintiance vehicle. Its no car, but it is well worth every hour i have put under that hood!"

Fun vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"Over all it is a fun vehicle. It is loud, noisy, and rough riding, but it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it."

unstoppable

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"If you are looking for a vehicle that will go anywhere anytime, this is the one. I can go places in the winter that my buddies big jacked up pickups can't. Awesome off road as well and still a good daily driver. Not really all that good for highway use but you can use it for that if need be. Toughest vehicle I have ever owned and never a problem at all. You can't kill these thing's, especially the 4.0."

My first Jeep

By on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"I bought this vehicle in January of 2009. Other than some diamond plating...this Jeep was totally stock. I have added these repairs and upgrades: 3" lift, new tires/wheels (10.5, 31" All Terrain with Mickey Thompson wheels), new shocks, new clutch, replaced skid plate, new seats, new steering wheel, sound wedges, new center locking console, new belt, new muffler/rear exhaust, replaced u-joint, replaced stock header with stainless-steel header Other than the notorious rust problems these vehicles generally have...as mine does...this Wrangler is my daily driver and has never left me stranded. I get around 22 mpg on the highway and around 17 in town with the bullet-proof in-line 6 cylinder 4.0 L engine with 5 sp manual transmission. I'd like to eventually sell this Wrangler and upgrade to a newer one with a coil suspension as the ride is very rough...but just indicative of the leaf-spring suspensions that the '87's - 95's got from the factory."

Dependable

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"I have owned this Jeep for 10 years and I just recently put the third set of tires and a set of rubicon wheels on it with new brakes and a tune up. Other than changing the oil it has required nothing until now and I feel I just rebuilt it and its ready for another 250 thousand miles. Never been stuck and it is what it is A JEEP and nothing beats it, best vehicle I have ever owned and the most fun!"

Gotta Love It

By on Saturday, April 03, 2010

"Jeeps are unique. Fun, practical and economical. My Jeep has held together great and makes me look forward to my drive every day. They hold their value and are a great investment."

91 Wrangler, Ridiculous Vehicle

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"It has been in the family for 7 years now. I bought it from my dad 2 years ago, and is the funnest car ever!!! Doesnt matter if there is a foot of snow on the ground, or 100 degrees, its a perfect fit. The soft top is loud sometimes, and the ride is rough, but that is what makes a jeep a jeep! The inline 6 has plenty of Trq, but i wouldnt recommend the 4 cylinder. Mechanically, the thing runs to perfection and is a beast!"

best vehicle EVER!

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"I have owned a lot of vehicle from sports cars to 4x4. this jeep by far is my favorite and is #1 in performance, comfort, and reliability. It is also amazingly fun and can handle any season from 90 degrees to a foot of snow !IT IS THE BOSS!"

Jeep Wrangler roccks

By on Monday, May 04, 2009

"I love my jeep. I have owned it almost three years. It has ZERO power and acceleration but with good tires, it will go almost anywhere. I took it off roading w/ BFG All-terians 30-9.50's and even with small tires, it still would work up steep inclines! 4wd saved me several times in the snow! Great car, just not very practical for an everyday car or making long drives. 2.5 hours in it seemed like 5 hours in a normal car!!! I think EVERYONE needs to experience owning a jeep at some point or another in their life!!!"

bought 'er new

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"Whenever you buy a vehicle you hope your not making a mistake. I ordered my '92 and have put close to 150k miles over varied terrain. Its been the most durable and reliable vehicle I've owned and thats important if you go places that are hard to get out of. The only major change I made to it was to replace the 35 with a 44 after 100k miles. Of course lifting and up-sizing tires were necessary and I put on exhaust/header system. 17 yrs and going strong:)"

great rig

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"while i dont own one (yet) i have driven a couple. my aunt owned one that was a 4cyl auto and that thing was good on gas and it impressed me when taking it off road. trying to go up a narrow hill with inbankments on both sides i caught a rock that took me off my path and sent me into a dirt wall. all it did is put a wrinkle in the fender which we straightend back out and you couldnt tell at all. yesterday i took a stock tj 6cyl manual off road and that impressed me more when it went through a mud pit that was about 4feet deep and steep to get out of but it did it when a silverado with 6inch lift with 36inch tires couldnt... to add insult to injury we did have to pull him out of the mud. it didnt come without some damage that night on a well beaten trail we hit a good rock and messed something up in the front end but it still walked out on its own and continued to take the abuse. the only down side to them is the road noise and the comfort. not much room in the back seat and it will catch ruts and bounce around alot. do your self a favor and buy one, you wont regret it. im getting mine tomorrow."

Best Vehicle Ever Built

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

"I ordered this from the factory in 1994. Chromed it out and have loved it all this time. Just spent $600 on radiator & hoses, but aside from scheduled service, this is the first repar. 104,000 miles, nearing the third set of tires soon and maybe need a gasket here or there, but at 14 years old, one would expect that. Put CD in place of cassette (hardtop isn't too noisey). Have soft top too and loved when I took them off. It is impossible for one person to do take hardtop off without a pulley system in garage. The ride is bumpy to passengers (even with auto trans), but not to me, although it was at first. Could have bought newer one, but I like being bounced around and don't like the interior "car" look of the new ones. I seriously think it will outlast me and I doubt I will ever part with it. Look forward to putting an antique tag on it when it turns 20!"

Reliable

By on Thursday, November 27, 2008

"I got my jeep a year and a half ago and now have 150k, The kbb value is the same, The parts are dirt cheap and it's the easiest car in the world to fix, not the smoothest ride. I have the 4.0 high output and have gotten ove 100 many times, it is quick, great car for all seasons"

Jeep Jump

By on Saturday, October 04, 2008

"I jump it regularly and it's still going strong. Flipped twice."

A very fun vehicle

By on Monday, September 01, 2008

"This vehicle is an excellant machine. The jeep preforms great on the road in absolutely all weather. My jeep has preformed great off road with relatively little after market parts. The only things i changed on it where to put larger tires on it, added a 3 inch body lift, and extra off- road lights."

I love my Jeep!!!!!!!!!!

By on Monday, August 25, 2008

"First of all this is not a car to drive long distances on the highway!!! Softtop 95 YJ auto 6 160,000 miles. Mileage is painful, but I get 15 to 18 with 31s. It is an easy vehicle to work on, and it handles like a goat off road. I will never let this car go. It just a Jeep thing."

Just won't quit

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"Owned it since new 13 years ago--just hit 100K miles. Replaced ragtop, third set of tires, but it will not die. It will ruin your kidneys and your ears, so I never bothered putting in a radio--couldn't hear it anyway, but it always gets from A to B. You won't have fun commuting on LA freeways."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"I find the older Jeeps to be more rugged than the newer models. I found that my 93 YJ is the perfect size for trails. Despite the fact that Wranglers are very basic they hold value quite well. i would however not recomend this vehicle for someone whos commute is highway, for highway driving the wrangler (at least the older models) gas mileage isn't the greatest but in town driving the gas mileage is good( i spent 2 hours driving around davenport and bettendorf in stop and go traffic plus the drive from walcott and back 11 miles both ways on the highway i wasted only a quarter tank of gas.) but overall this vehicle is fun to drive especially when its hot out and you take off the top."

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Owned my Jeep for almost 13 years. Reliable, well made, cheap to fix... and fun to drive."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"Fun. Cheap/easy to repair. Reliable. High tolerance for abuse. Awesome."

My jeep wrangler

By on Monday, June 02, 2008

"I have owned my jeep for about 3 years and have had some minor problems... they are really easy to work on with minimal knowlege. the carb's on these jeeps are nothing but problems. i recomend upgrading to the Carter carb, or fuel injection. they can go anywhere. good in snow and rough terrain. mine is automatic, and i would prefer the 5spd manual..."