1994 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 289 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

Awesome Fun and some Practicality

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Easy to Fix, Great in snow/offroad"

Cons: "Not really comfortable for long drives"

"Bought this jeep new and drive it almost daily. Have had very few problems and it's very simple to work on when you do. Great fun off road and around town. Outward visibility is great. and you can park this thing anywhere. Power isn't bad, but the power band is all on the low end - really not designed for speeds over say 65. Handling is actually pretty good on mountain roads, but it's a wrangler and straight line tracking isn't a strong point. Probably the one of the worst vehicles you can drive on an interstate - the sound is deafening and things happen fast - it will change lanes on you if you aren't paying attention every second. The Rio Grande trim level does add some comfort and convenience features, but this is not a vehicle you want to drive all day long - it will beat you up. However the fun factor is very high and it is unstoppable in deep snow and off road."

Best bang for your buck

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I have a '91 renegade 4.0 5 speed. I haven't owned it long but I will say I have driven from Vegas to Bakersfield, ca. 3 times this month and once to needles. No worries the entire trip. Mind you Big Red has 312,000 miles on her and has definitely been rode hard and put away soaked. I'll never own anything else, ever!!"

Reliable

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I purchased my '92 Wrangler used about 11 years ago. I have put 132,000 miles on it, for a total of 153,000 miles. To date, I have only had to replace the battery and the water pump. The water pump was easy to replace and only cost about $30. While replacing the water pump I replaced the water hoses and radiator. I chose to replace the radiator because the tabs holding on the tank were beginning to corrode. The radiator cost $190. I have been very happy with my Jeep and plan to keep it for many years to come. I would recommend this vehical because it is reliable, very easy to work on, and the parts are reasonably priced."

Reliable vehicle - quality drivetrane, enjoyed 4wd

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Good price, 4wd fun, good in snow, safe"

Cons: "Poor comfort & interior , gas economy."

"Pro's: Vehicle reliability, 4.0L engine MFI, 5spd. transmission,transfer case, clutch, 4wd long lasting. Good in snow and basically what vehicle designed for. Cons's: Poor fuel economy,Cheap interior components and door handles. Not that comfortable. Vehicle used for 4wd offroad applications, but axles are weak dana 30 and 35. Should be atleast dana 44 with options for dana 60. My vehicle was heavily modified with upgraded engine and supercharger. Also made axle,suspension,and other upgrades. Part houses catering to upgrades for older Jeeps and parts availability are good."

Love my Jeep!!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, get noticed, great during the summer"

Cons: "Winter a bit chilly, top tears, zippers break"

"In 1998 I bought my first Jeep!!! I did not realize how much I would actually love it!! Now 14 years and I still have my Jeep!!! It is amazing... It has had very few problems and my mechanic does not see me much... Except when he sees me on the road going somewhere... Over the years I've had many people tell me they want to buy my Jeep.... I say, It's not for sale... The only thing that could part me from my Jeep is if it gets totaled in an accident... It's fun to drive and sure to get you noticed... I rate it as a perfect score... Out of all the vehicles I've owned, the Jeep is the best and my favorite!!!"