1994 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 285 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

Awesome Vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Pros: "Price, value, dependability, reliabiltiy and fun"

Cons: "Noisy at high speeds, kind of spartan"

"I love my Jeep. This has been one of the most worry free vehicles I've ever owned. The majority of the maintenance on this vehicle has been regular routine and scheduled maintenance. I did have one small issue in the early years but the warranty on the vehicle was more than adequate to address the issue. The Jeep has been a very reliable vehicle and I purchased it when it in 1995. I'm extremely happy with it and so glad I haven't sold it. Although I almost did twice. I'm glad I didn't. It's true what they say about this vehicle. I have taken it to some pretty awesome places that others have never seen and some never will. It truly is the go anywhere do anything vehicle. It's a Jeep thing and if you've never owned one, you wouldn't understand. :o)"

I love my Jeep!

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "FUN! Reliable. Up high in floods. Lasts forever."

Cons: "Rough ride, expensive upkeep in later life."

"I've had my Jeep since it was 60 miles old -- still love it. After driving it about the equivalent of 8 times around the planet -- still love it. It's getting on now and in the shop fairly regularly. I joke that it's being rebuilt one part at a time. But I did some basic and, by no means thoroughly thought through and I came up with a total monthly cost to own of about $220. That includes original purchase price and interest, 15 reasonably repair free years, 5 years of reasonably heavy repairs, and 252 months of gas. No matter what, well unless I've left the lights on and killed the battery, it's started up every single day. I NEVER worry about it starting. I DO regularly worry about it shaking apart on Houston streets, however. Am now considering buying a second car to have a few more luxuries like air conditioning, some sort of radio, a brake release operable from inside the car, a working driver's seat, better gas mileage, a service warranty, a roof, a center console, windows that don't zip and a door handle. But I'm keeping my Jeep!"

Most reliable & fun vehicle you'll ever own.

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, customizable, durable"

Cons: "Bad MPG, no AC but just keep the top off"

"When you buy a jeep for the first time you have no idea what adventures lay ahead, owning a jeep is like owning a classic car every other jeep owners has respect for it and is there to help with it whenever plus you'll never find someone who said they didn't love their jeep. My wrangler is a perfect fun day to day car if you desire but a really enjoyable trail jeep. It has a 4.25" inch suspension lift kit, and 1" body lift. It has 35" mudslinger off-road tires only a year old with perfect tred life left. A few things I have replaced on the jeep to meet my needs were: a brand new Radiator and hoses, new fuel lines, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, new spark plugs, new vacuum hoses, new headlight set, electrical wiring, & I had a full engine junk removal done. I have 3 after market things that come with the jeep that haven't been installed yet: a new smittybuilt xrc stinger, a set of smittybuilt yj flat off-road front fenders, 2 leather front seats. All brand new just didn't have time to put them on yet, and any shop will install them for under $80. A nice aftermarket sound/ speaker system was added including 2 6x9's and a 10" kicker which is wired into 6 red led strips which illuminate to the bass. Which means when the kicker thumps the LEDs glow which is a very cool feature at night with or without the hard top on. The other nice thing about jeeps is that anything you want to upgrade or replace is just a click away and most of the time can be installed yourself, jeeps are highly customizable to your liking and quite cheap to spruce up. After market ken wood radio is installed too. I will sell this jeep in Nebraska or Arizona, I currently live in Arizona but the jeep is in Nebraska as of right now at my old house with my dad. Probably will not be selling until after winter though. This jeep will go at least another 150,000 miles before you may have to do any repairs to it, jeeps are built to last and I stand behind that 100% I will be posting quite of few photos after winter but until then just keep this add in your mind. I'll also be selling roughly at KBB price which is honestly a very fair price for this nice of a vehicle. Also it comes with 2 full doors with adjustable windows, and 2 half doors. Thanks and inquire now or later"

Fun in the summer, Fun in the fall

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Parts always available"

Cons: "Needed more than home tools to repair"

"Love my 1994 YJ SE. Bought it for $3000 from a plumber. Right rear frame rotted, "full of sand" but repaired. Was lucky to find this gem. Never had any problems. Four cylinder, 5 speed, no body rot, only frame. Slapped a lift kit on it, and 31 inch tires and she was done. Took me through thick and thin, the summer heat, topless. And the winter snow with no problem. Just bought a 2006 TJ SE and the process starts all over again..."

So much fun and reliable.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Nice gas mileage."

Cons: "no cup holders."

"The best fun car ever."