1993 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 289 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

7.6/10

Good for price

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great as a off road truck, perfect for budget"

Cons: "aerodynamic as a brick. slow 4 cyl"

"This was the first Jeep I owned and I love it. It has some problems but it is from 1995 with 150000 miles on it. Runs great and has had no problems offroad. Good for budget minded off roaders. Cheap to lift too. Slow 4cyl. Big tires with a 4 cylinder is a bad idea. If you can buy a inline 6, if you can't don't plan on much highway driving. don't think the inline 4 gets better mileage."

Great Jeep

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"I've had my Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande for eight years. I took the 31" tires off it soon as I got it and put the stock treads back on. I added a 9000lb winch and a Sure-Pull rear hitch. It has the 2.5 four banger with the manual 5 speed. With the proper tackle I've rescued two ditched suburbans and one Trooper laying on it's side in a creek. Off road adventure is not about horse power but gearing. The Army M-151A1 "Jeeps", before the HUMMER, all had 4 cylinder engines carried four GIs and yanked a quarter ton trailer. I love my Wrangler and will never sell it. If you take care of them, they will take you where you want to go and bring you back. It's a shame they have ruined the Jeep since 2007."

Reliable

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I purchased my '92 Wrangler used about 11 years ago. I have put 132,000 miles on it, for a total of 153,000 miles. To date, I have only had to replace the battery and the water pump. The water pump was easy to replace and only cost about $30. While replacing the water pump I replaced the water hoses and radiator. I chose to replace the radiator because the tabs holding on the tank were beginning to corrode. The radiator cost $190. I have been very happy with my Jeep and plan to keep it for many years to come. I would recommend this vehical because it is reliable, very easy to work on, and the parts are reasonably priced."

Reliable vehicle - quality drivetrane, enjoyed 4wd

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Good price, 4wd fun, good in snow, safe"

Cons: "Poor comfort & interior , gas economy."

"Pro's: Vehicle reliability, 4.0L engine MFI, 5spd. transmission,transfer case, clutch, 4wd long lasting. Good in snow and basically what vehicle designed for. Cons's: Poor fuel economy,Cheap interior components and door handles. Not that comfortable. Vehicle used for 4wd offroad applications, but axles are weak dana 30 and 35. Should be atleast dana 44 with options for dana 60. My vehicle was heavily modified with upgraded engine and supercharger. Also made axle,suspension,and other upgrades. Part houses catering to upgrades for older Jeeps and parts availability are good."

Love my Jeep!!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, get noticed, great during the summer"

Cons: "Winter a bit chilly, top tears, zippers break"

"In 1998 I bought my first Jeep!!! I did not realize how much I would actually love it!! Now 14 years and I still have my Jeep!!! It is amazing... It has had very few problems and my mechanic does not see me much... Except when he sees me on the road going somewhere... Over the years I've had many people tell me they want to buy my Jeep.... I say, It's not for sale... The only thing that could part me from my Jeep is if it gets totaled in an accident... It's fun to drive and sure to get you noticed... I rate it as a perfect score... Out of all the vehicles I've owned, the Jeep is the best and my favorite!!!"