2014 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,411 - $15,947.

10/5.3

8.2

Based on 437 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Perfect!

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"The only problem I have had with mine was that there was a very, very minor leak in the sunroof. Other then that - it's been wonderful! It's my first self-bought vehicle! i couldn't be happier."

Good for work commute

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2015

"Easy for trips, to small for kids ,and constant issues with the ac condenser"

30,000 miles & one small shop visit

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great snow small SUV, room for 4 and 2 dogs"

Cons: "Not much wish I had leather seats & ipod dock"

"I have had one small problem with a rubber bushing in the back left, tires needed to be replaced at 28,000. Just using the FWD not engaging the 4WD is enough for 90% of snow driving. Good fuel avg 23 MPG. Drove 3000 miles in one trip last year avg 25 MPG with a loaded Jeep."

Best Vehicle on the Road!!!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, rides well, mileage, spacious, snow"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I recomend this vehicle to anyone. From the frugal commuter who needs decent mileage while having off-road capabilities, to the family with a dog and two kids to the single guy wanting a fully loaded model to impress chicks without the high gas / sticker price / insurance cost of a Grand Cherokee ( this was me!) Buy it and enjoy on a long road trip, daily commute, in the mountains or a trip to the mall and enjoy!"

Good value- great vehicle

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Value for the money & fun to drive"

Cons: "towing capacit is 1,000 lbs"

"I've owned this vehicle for 2 yrs and love it. It is fun to drive and has plenty of power to tow my 14 ft Lund fishing boat with 20 hp outboard. I avg 25 mpg while driving it. The vehicle looks sporty and is fun to take camping & tailgating. This Jeep is reliable and the dealer (svc mgr) always ask about it when I bring it in for an oil change. Since Jeep will stop making the Patriot in 2014 - my next Jeep will be the Cherokee."

Great price for economy car thats not a car

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

"Could not buy an economy car for what the Patriot cost, plus it's roomier, and looks good. How can you go wrong with a 3 year warranty? That is, if your a cheap skate like me, bang for the buck."

Great Value with 4WD.

By on Saturday, December 01, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and well built"

Cons: "heavy feeling and slow on the go"

"I have owned this for almost 5 years. This is the only vechile I have ever purchased new. I have the Limited package because I wanted heated seats and the towing package, although I came to realize that a 4 cyl can't really tow too much. I added a big trailer hitch that proabably has hurt my mileage a bit. I can get 22 city , and almost 25 highway if you use the cruise control and keep the speed down. I have found the cargo capacity adaquate for hauling things, if you can fold the seats down. Back seat leg room is average, if the front seats are forward some. I have always had a car seat in the back seat, and the child can see out very nicely. The 4cyl was a little slow on the go when it was new, but after about 12,000 miles it was better. 4WD has been dependable, I traveled through snow and ice covered roads with no issues, but haven't used it alot. The clearance is not too high. Not sure I really needed the 4WD. I have not done any repairs on this, only tires and battery, and regular oil changes. I have loved this vechicle and have waited to trade it in until I had some equity built up on it. My only regret is that I purchases this right before the Chrysler bailout. I probably would not go back to Chrysler just for that reason. But that is a political issue and no bering on this reveiw."

Rides and handles nicely

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "Rides nicely, handles well."

Cons: "Bluetooth doesn't work as well as I would expect."

"I actually have not needed the 4wd yet, but trust that it will handle as well as the Grand Cherokee I had some years ago. This Patriot has a great radio and a multi-cd changer. Bluetooth sometimes is scratchy and both Jeep and my cell provider has tried to correct it on a permanent basis. The a/c (live in Vegas..this is a big deal here) is wonderful. Mileage is decent except when I run the a/c..that is expected. Nice paint job and looks good. It turns quite well. It stops nicely. Considering the price, it is a good value."

Great buy, would highly recommend!

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "gas efficient, low price, fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy engine, interior needs upgrade"

"I recently traded in my 2007 Jeep Compass for this 2012 Patriot I've nicknamed "Boss." What I love most about this Jeep is that it's fun to drive, great on gas, and very functional. I've used it for hauling and moving and the rear folding seats and spacious cargo area were perfect. The engine can be a little loud but the pick up for a small suv with a 4 cylinder engine couldn't be better. And once it gets up to speed this vehicle really goes. The interior could use a little bit more of an upgrade as it really isn't much different than my old Jeep but for the price I paid I can't complain. This is one of the lowest priced suvs you can buy brand new. Overall, I would and have definitely recommended this car to anyone looking for benefits of an suv with the affordability of a car and the reliability of a Jeep."

Reliable and sufficient

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage 27mpg average city and highway."

Cons: "Suspension components"

"Good vehicle for the money. I drive alot for work (35k a year) The only real issues I have had are the suspension parts don't last because they aren't greasable but all new vehicles are like that now. Only other issue was that the alternator went out at 130k but to be expected. What I wasn't expecting was a $550. bill to do it. The brakes lasted 120k. Right now I am fighting an alignment problem that neither Jeep or a private shop can figure out which causes the rear tires to wear prematurely which is getting annoying. I think it might be time to trade it in on a new one."

Rusted

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "good engine, 4WD"

Cons: "leaks, rust, poorly built interior, cheap material"

"Rear wheel bearings and axles rusted through after 4 years and no off-roading and had to be completely replaced. Cost $1200 in repairs. The ceiling leaks at the overhead lights, and weather stripping around the windshield comes off. The engine on this model is good, but the rest of it is poorly built."

I Love It

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Reliable, most fuel efficient Jeep"

Cons: "Smallest Jeep engine, there are some blind spots"

"My Patriot has a few options like the sunroof, larger aluminum wheels, satellite radio and manual transmission, which altogether makes it the funnest and most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. The cargo room is amazing. I wish that it would accelerate a bit faster on the highway, and that it would get better gas mileage; but at 20-28mpg it's not bad. The computerized ultra-sensitive traction system and my manual transmission make winter driving easier although I have a 2WD model."

Great value for price, best car I've owned!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "limited fuel range"

"I only have two complaints about this car: (1) the fuel range is limited (only like a 13 gallon tank), so if you drive a lot, you'll be filling up the tank a lot; (2) no sunroof in mine! But seriously, this car has been amazing for me. It can manage any weather thrown at it, and it handles the Wisconsin weather beautifully. I feel safe in it, too. It's well-built, extremely comfortable, and it's big enough to throw my bike in the back with just one of the back seats flipped down. There feels like tons of room in the front and rear seats, also, so much so that my 6ft tall husband can be just as comfortable anywhere in the car as me at 5'4. On top of all that, I get around 25-26 mpg consistently, which is the best of any SUV you can buy at this price point, and better than most SUVs, period. There are lots of complaints about the transmission in it, but it doesn't bother me one bit. It seems to only bother people who are really serious car people, like my husband, but even he loves my car in spite of it. When accelerating, sometimes the transmission revs loudly and can sound like a diesel engine, but once it gets to the gear it needs to be in, it's actually quite quiet. Overall, I have a lot of fun driving my car, and I plan on driving it for as long as I can. It's the best purchase I've made in a long time, and I've never had buyer's remorse over it. I love my car a whole lot, and I think it's a great option for people who need a reliable, fuel-efficient SUV at a price point that won't break the bank."

Great small SUV

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Very dependable - comfortable ride"

Cons: "Center cupholders could have been designed better"

"Owned for 2 years - great MPG (25 consistently) All features work well."

Great vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

"My wife had a Jeep Liberty and we were looking for something that got better fuel mileage but still 4wd. The jeep patriot is still just as roomy and fun to drive. I would recommend this vehicle to family of 4 and anyone who lives in a winter climate."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Great highway drive! Feels safe, but still fun!"

Cons: "Is not luxurious in anyway"

"I have owned my Jeep Patriot for a year now. Bought '08 when it had 22k miles and not have approx 35k. It has the black sparkling paint that shines in the sun. The car drives amazing, has had NO problems whatsoever! The car is one of the safest SUVs you could buy as well as receives great gas mileage for an SUV. (19-22 per gallon is my usual) I'm not sure why someone would complain that it is heavy... of course it is heavy... it's an SUV. The heaviness makes it incredibly safe. I don't want a super light car that will collapse in a collision or will flip over when going around a sharp corner. And as far as the transmission... This car has very good pick up. My boyfriend drives it much different then I do and loves to 'floor it' as he gets on the highway. I had a Jetta turbo before this... very similar in getup! The car has so much room inside. The seats are comfortable and made of fabric that is super easy to clean! the floor mats are plastic and so easy to take out and hose down! I love having my dog ride with me in the car, and I don't have time to scrub it down all the time! It's so convenient! If you want a luxury sports car, don't expect it from a Patriot. But haven driven a Laredo compared to my Patriot, I would pick the Patriot any day. The patriot has a much tighter steering while the Laredo I felt so unsafe on the highway, the Patriot feels extremely comfortable and the wind doesn't phase the car! (HEAVINESS!!!!) I love this car, it's a great buy for the money. It's unique and not everyone is driving one (at least not yet) so I can still find it in the parking lot! My dad was very iffy about buying an SUV and he said over and over again we're just going to look... We bought it on the spot that day.. it was too good of a car to pass up! we loved it right then! Let me tell you... my mom was not pleased, but even she loves the car!"

Approach with caution, better with a warranty.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Handy 1 to 2 person vehicle."

Cons: "Expensive repairs require a warranty"

"I have a 2009 Jeep Patriot that I purchased new for my wife's daily driver. The Jeep has been a decent vehicle, but has had two issues that have required warranty work. The transmission started leaking at about 12000 miles and was replaced and the low tire pressure indicator did not work right from the day we bought it and finally required replacing the sensors and a computer to fix. Otherwise, the Jeep has been a reliable car. It gets OK gas mileage. The CVT works much better than ones on older Patriots. The autostick is a nice toy, but not really needed for acceleration. The Jeep is as big as my '96 Villager minivan, but only has room for 4 passengers comfortably and has a very small cargo area. Seems to have a LOT of wasted space. The air intake must be removed to work on the battery, but other servicing is not difficult. The 2.4L is a good engine. It has Sirrius and the tech is very good for the price. The deep footwells are welcome in an SUV. The interior quality is light years ahead of older Patriots. Overall, I would purchase a Jeep Patriot if I could get an extended warranty to cover major repairs, but would be wary otherwise. It is good for a personal use vehicle for 1 or 2 passengers, but gets crowded and overwhelmed in a hurry."

Great SUV!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, lots of room, quiet ride!"

Cons: "No power locks, or windows...maybe next one! :)"

"This is a great SUV that gets excellent gas mileage. This is my first Jeep and I am very happy with my purchase. I researched a long time (1 year) before buying, so if you just have to get a Jeep and don't want a gas hog, THIS is the Jeep you want!"

Very reliable and excellent milage

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Very good price and excellent to drive."

Cons: "none for me and I am 6ft. and 225#"

"Has an 110 volt outlet, very convenient for computers etc. Console slides back and forth so you can use it for arm rest or get out of your way. A great small car. Lots of room."

quite impressed

By on Sunday, March 06, 2011

"As I found myself needing a vehicle with 4 wheel drive and being as fuel thrifty as possible I bought my first Jeep Patriot. It delivered everything that I asked from it, doing about 22,000 miles a year, in some of the worst winter weather possible. Being used to mostly 8 cylinders and some 6 cylinders, the 4 cylinder was quite anemic in power at first, but the 5 speed made up for it a bit, and was still fun to drive, and the goal of saving on fuel made up for the rest."

LOVE the stereo

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"Owned a 2007 Sport for 1 year. I like how it handles in MN Winter. I added an after- market sun roof, so that's nice. Love the heated seats in MN. Like the classic Jeep body style. If feels like a safe, smart SUV. Dislike: small gas tank, wind tunnel noise when back windows are down. CVT transmission is just weird...like driving a go cart or a lawn mower! Pick up from 0-60mph is not enough for the Twin Cities. Rear tailgate doesn't go up far enough and I'm only 5'8" tall. Just replaced tie rods at 50,000 and I'm hearing another noise from the front end. I'd buy a Jeep again, not sure if I'd get another Patriot. Paid too much for it, so I'll pass it on to my daughter when she starts to drive."

Low Cost Transportation

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I bought this vehicle strickly on price when they were giving them away in 2008 for $14,200 and a $500 gas card. It is the base 4WD model with 5 speed manual transmission. It came with a lifetime drivetrain warranty. No trips to the dealer for service in the first 3 yrs. Gets great mileage, 23/24mpg overall average, 20 mpg in the dead of winter and 30mpg on a highway trip. Goes like a tank in snow. Not the classiest SUV on the road but the most economical."

This jeep rocks!

By on Sunday, November 28, 2010

"My Jeep Patriot 4WD 5 Speed sport is a great little unit. It holds the line well even on very bad roads and trails. The 4WD is solid on snow, ice, sand and washboard. It corners on a dime, and the electronic stability control is almost scary, this surprising vehicle can pull square turns at stupid speeds. The 5 speed taps the engines abilities and it cruises over mountains and on the interstate. Much like the original, it’s small and light and just what a little jeep was supposed to be. It is not a wrangler, but it is way ahead for value per dollar. This jeep rocks! I cannot believe that they are talking about killing it for some lame Fiat which is never going to be able to handle North American conditions."

Been great!

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I was used to the Grand Cherokee, but felt like I was hogging gas so decided to downsize to Patriot. Have averaged 20 mpg in town and 26-28 on hwy. Not the same plush comfort, but certainly not uncomfortable. Handles well in 4wd and snow."

Good Quality Ride

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love my Jeep Patriot. It's a good quality ride with good gas mileage. It has the 4-wheel drive if I need it and not the 4-wheel drive ride. I would reccommend the Jeep Patriot to anyone..."