2014 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,471 - $16,011.

10/5.3

8.2

Based on 422 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love it

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "cost of ownership, features, reliability, look,"

Cons: "sun visors are useless, towing capability."

Taking on a little trail in our Patriot

"My wife and I have owned it for just over a year. No issues at all. We are planning on driving it around 20k-25k miles/year and are certain we can count on it to be reliable. It is quiet, a decent ride (suspension got better in 2011), fine performance for what it is (fuel efficient SUV, not a racecar, we weren't buying a racecar), it fits my wife's musical instrument just fine (a concert grand harp). She even 'off-roaded' it around some construction mess and found it did just fine in mud (before she was told that this model isn't designed to do that). We are thrilled with it and find that it serves all of our needs. The Latitude package was a great package with heated seats. Would like the upgraded sound and 4x4, but the price couldn't be beat in our 4x2. MPG is right on the money with upper twenties on the highway and rarely under 22 MPG in the city. 6 month/8,000 mile oil change intervals can't be beat, and after doing some research, found that the engine had been tested an equivalent of 15.5 million miles and the transmission 5.5 million miles. Just the way a Jeep should be. We plan on driving it for a decade or so . . ."

Taking on a little trail in our Patriot

Very Practical and Reliable

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Small Size, Gas Mileage, Cargo Room"

Cons: "Back Seat Room"

"I purchased my Jeep Patriot two years ago with approx. 45,000 miles and it now has almost 95,000 miles. My Patriot gets great gas mileage, is easy to park and maneuver, is unique in it's styling, and with the rear seats folded down, you can fit nearly anything into the cargo space (we were able to get a washing machine on it's side.) I will not be purchasing another Patriot simply because my family has now outgrown it, and we will be looking for something with the ability to tow with our next vehicle."

Ran great until last week

By on Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Had the 2008 Patriot since May 2008. Loved it until last week when it locked in park. Had to drive home with hazards on, no brake lights and had to remove the access panel to the shifter to get it in drive. Of course, dealership said I had grass on the sensors, funny thing is, this car has never been off road or in a grassy area. Happened again with my husband, then sporadically started working right at the dealership. While in the shop, hubby told them I complain about a dragging noise in front end, come to find out, my whole front end had been recalled and tie-rods, sway bar and front end suspension had to be replaced. Sure wish Jeep had notified me. Extremely disappointed in the huge drop in value, having to suffer by keeping the SUV now since no dealer will give me more than 2/3 of what I paid for it 14 months ago, and that is the same dealer that sold it to me. Do get great mileage, but at a snails pace. No get up and go, lane changes and passing others is up to luck that they will slow down so I can get an advantage. Wish I had never bought it."

Great car!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Cargo space, basic ammenities come standard"

Cons: "Rough ride, but anyone with an SUV should expect"

"I purchased this car new in 2008 and loved every minute of it. Only had a few small problems, notably with the wheel bearings around 50k miles. It's not a smooth ride like you get with most sedans, but I expected that coming from a Wrangler. Patriot still has the traditional Jeep styling. Seats are very easy to fold down to haul things. I could fit my 8' kayak inside the Patriot (how many small SUV's can say that?!) The Patriot comes standard with the basic features I need, A/C, power windows/lock, remote entry. The best feature is the outlet on the center console to plug in electronics without the car adapter. Using the "slap-stick" really hepls save gas and the stabilty control kept me out of the ditches of NW Ohio in the winter snow & ice. If you want a durable vehicle with basic conveniences for a great price, this is the car for you!"

LOVE MY JEEP!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "great price, good quality for the money"

Cons: "NOTHING!!"

"There's only one negative and it's extremely small and minute- I drive a manual so I'm constantly shifting gears and have my forearm resting on the center counsel because of it. There is a 'lip' on the side of the driver's seat that pushes into my arm. Small and extremely minor but on a 8+ hr drive (Which I do a couple of times a year), it gets pretty annoying. Now onto the positives- EVERYTHING! My husband and I bought the strip model because we got a deal through the dealer. We have three dogs that the Patriot would have to tote around so we really didn't want to put any kind of 'money' into a car that would get trampled on by the very large dogs that we have. The seats fold down flush with the trunk space so it's a really big plus factor for dog toting people. I would not suggest this car for someone that plans on having both cars AND kids being toted around in at the same time. Yes the trunk area is large for this type of SUV BUT the vehicle is just not big enough for luggage, kids, and pets all at the same time. The handling is excellent. The stock tires are not good quality though. They were great for about the first 30K miles but once the tread started to get a little low, it went down hill. I now skid all over the place if there is a single snow flake / rain drop on the ground. My suggestion is get better quality tires when you hit 30K miles in order to avoid this issue. The engine is quiet and runs very smooth. It only took about 15K miles to fully break in the transmission (again, I drive a manual) so that's not too bad. All in all, I highly recommend the Jeep Patriot"