2014 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,499 - $20,172.

10/5.3

8.2

Based on 435 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Fits my needs perfectly

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"I wanted a vehicle that got good mileage, could handle heavy snow conditions, and that I could sleep in. I get 30MPG on the highway even with the 4wd version when I drive conservatively. I don't have any problem getting up my extremely steep hill into my neighborhood in the Sierras even when it has dumped snow all day. And most importantly, I have spent probably 15 nights already in the back of the Patriot on an inflatable mattress. That's a hotel savings of at least $750 right there, not to mention the convenience of sleeping wherever and whenever I need to. I'm very happy with the Patriot. The only thing I would consider to replace this car right now would probably be the Honda Fit, and if they made a hybrid, I would even consider making that move. I really like the way the Patriot looks too, it has the Jeep signature look that is really nice. It's like I bought 30k worth of prestige for 17k."

most bang for the buck

By on Sunday, March 02, 2008

"I've owned a wrangler, a grand cherokee a liberty a Lexus GS430 AWD, and another wrangler ( 2" lift and 33" tires) in that order. because i needed a car that clients didnt have to climb into I recently traded in the wrangler for this car (limited patriot) and let me tell you this jeep is by far the best one i've ever owned. From the great gas mileage to the rockin sound system. Just had a crazy snow storm and this Jeep OUT PERFORMED any Jeep i've ever owned. The hill holding 4x4 feat. was unbelievable could not be happier. This vehicle came loaded as can be, two-toned leather seats, tow hook, free sat for a year, unreal sound system, heated seats, i mean this is a high-line car for a compact price. Smaller tank compared to the 20 gallon talk of the Wrangler but still dont have to fill up as often and when i do, and it isnt crushing my pocket book when i do. Def a sound, sensible buy for anyone looking for all the benifits of a wrangler (great off road capabilities, good in snow, reliable as can be) with a "grown up" twist (practicle, great on gas, tons of room and all the bells and whistles of a luxury car)."

surprisingly good -

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "good mileage good space inside"

Cons: "a bit boomy on the highway, needs better sound ins"

"17000 in one year. No problems. I'll repeat - no problems. 30 MPG, not the 29 MPG that is posted. 5-speed is better than the CVT auto. We have 2 wheel drive and plan to buy a 2nd Patriot with 4WD. Bit boomy on fwy."

Great car for the price

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"I've had my 2009 Jeep Patriot for almost 1 year now, and have put 14,000 miles on it. I average 23mph in the city which I consider great for the size of the vehicle. The interior provides a great amount of room to carry around people or whatever you're moving around. A lot of the reviews say that the interior is cheap, which i disagree with. It's not the interior you find on a Mercedes-Benz, but people have to realize that this is a 20,000 dollar car. That being said, I believe the interior to be great. The 4x4 system is amazing. Drove through a storm of close to 20 inches of unplowed roads last winter with out a single problem. Altogether, a great car, definitely recommend it to others."

love my jeep

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I have had my patriot for 3 years and i love it. Good fuel economy and roomy cargo space; great for long road trips. I drove to Alaska and back and it was perfect for gravel and unpaved roads and lots of luggage. Versatility of a bigger SUV without the exhorbitant fuel costs. Very good bargain overall"

I'm having more fun with my commute to work!

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Drives great, rides comfortable. I have not found anything I dislike about this vehicle. Long trip was relaxing."

buy one!!!!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"This is a great vehicle! If you love the cherokee this is for you. Much better gas mileage and look though. I suggest the upgrade on the wheel package. completes the cool style. The sound system is of very high quality. Trade in value on this jeep will be very good according to reviews. Buy It!!!!!!"

Most reliable car owned, great control with 5-spd

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, > 30 MPG, low maint!"

Cons: "Stiff ride"

"Reliable, economical (>30 mpg highway), great handling, convenient hauler due to box like interior, just great basic Jeep. I have UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY from Chrysler but never had a problem with Trans/Engine. I am purchasing 2014 Patriot, testimony to my description."

Great Value

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Acceleration, good gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Noisy when shifting"

"Patriot has great pick up. Gas mileage is good. Lots of cargo space. Front seat folds flat going forward. Ride is comfortable. The CVT is smooth shifting but a little noisy. I have no complaints."

perfect for me!

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "FUN, spacious, good on gas for size,"

Cons: "center console low, trans fluid-unable to check"

clear side veiw picture! (its a pretty black with matallics in it, but thats hard to capture on a picture.

"This vehicle is wonderful! I enjoy everything about it that I have seen. If I had a complaint, it would be that the stereo (I have the BASE stereo) is not as good as my last vehicle (but in all fairness, my '04 ford ranger had a pioneer multi disk changer system, so i shouldnt be surprised LOL) I like how the seat goes up and down so that i can be at the right height. I am a female 5' 4'' and love the way it fits me, and my boyfriend who is 6' likes it as well because he can change the seating to just what fits him. The mirror vision is THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN. I can see everything. The back seats and passenger seat fold flat! We have 2 large breed dogs, and they love the room they get in the back. I also like how the tire is underneath the back 'floor' and NOT on the outside of the hatch. I have the smaller 4cyl. 2.0 and the pickup isn't amazing (again im comparing to my ranger, which was a v6 4.0, again not fair LOL) GAS MILEAGE AWESOME!!!"

Seems great so far

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "better gas mileage, easy to handle"

Cons: "slow pick-up"

"Ive only had the car for 6 months and so far it does seem to be good. It does a great job traveling on the road I live on especially in the winter. The only thing I'm not fond of is the sluggish transmission and slow pick up. But it does good on gas and gets where I need it to go. I also like the stability control, traction control, and 4wd combination."

very good vehicle for the price

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "great price, and drives well"

"this has been one of my favorite cars. good and reliable, great on gas and fits 5 people with no problem. in the 3yrs i have had this jeep i have had no problems with in. also good in the snow. and the service people are great. will buy another jeep without hesitation"

Excellent for cargo/ kids/ pets

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, cargo space, pleasant to drive"

Cons: "head rests not adjustable"

"I bought this car because I needed a car to transport my dogs to and from the lake, fishing, hiking, vacations, etc. I can fit 3 full size labs in the back, plus small luggage. It drives very easy - not at all truck-y like some SUVs. Very smooth like a car. Plus it's really nice looking. I catch myself checking out cars in parking lots and thinking, "wow, that's a nice looking car!" then when I get closer I see it's a Patriot like mine. Excellent gas mileage for the size. I feel safe in it, and it's less expensive than some comparable vehicles."

Perfect mom car

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "reliable, minimal upkeep, love my heated seats!!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"this car is incomparable in harsh weather, snow, sleet, whatever. I feel safe driving it anywhere with kids. It has all the capacity of a roomy suv as the seats fold easily, but minus the hassels of parking a large gas guzzler. Only minus is the Gas mileage is less than what I'd like it to be, otherwise, I LOVE my Jeep!!"

Great!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Great MPG, Latitude features turn it into a luxury"

Cons: "No heated back seats"

"It is a perfect settle for someone like me wanting the Grand Cherokee. You sacrifice a few luxury features, but they are put in differently with the Latitude X. Love this car!!!"

Great Value, Great Jeep!

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"This is a great compromise Jeep... with off-road capabilities, on-road comfort, top-class gas mileage, and real-world utility! First, it LOOKS like a Jeep is supposed to. Remember the old Cherokee? This is a slightly smaller and updated version. The interior is spartan, but with some nice touches on the Latitude line (leather wrap, chrome, etc) it is more than acceptable. A year of free SiriusXM is nice too! Wrangler people have gone on reluctant ride-alongs and have blurted "This is NICE!" and "I need one!" The Patriot's default 4x4 system is essentially an AWD system. You can watch Jeep's videos for an explanation how this works. ESP is a nice safety blanket as well. There is also a Low 4WD switch that turns this urban warrior into an off-road beast. Towing capacity is a bit weak for any category (especially for an SUV), so if hauling a large boat or trailer behind you is a necessity, this won't be your ride. I've used an Xcargo roof box with great results, however. The Patriot sits up high and gives you a nice sense of comfort and security. After a few months and 6000 miles of driving, I'm averaging 24 mpg. All-in-all a great value that should be heavily considered if you are in the market for a smaller SUV."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"When my wife and I were looking for vehicles, we needed a rugged vehicle capable of light towing, but with enough room for the occasional passenger or child. Even though the 2010 Jeep Patriot was the only vehicle that fit our needs and budget, we could not be happier with our purchase. The 2010 Jeep Patriot is very durable and, when the rear seats are folded down, has more storage room than you would think from looking at it from the outside. We have used our patriot to move everything from boxes of dishes to mulch and even tall filing cabinets. The only complaints we have (even though it isn't really a complaint, more of an observation) is that the seats are not luxuriously comfortable and there could be a little more room for the back seat. That being said, when we bought the 2010 Jeep Patriot, we knew it was not a luxury vehicle and we only have the occasional passenger for the back seats. My wife and I agree that, now that we own a Jeep, we never want to go back to anything else. The 2010 Jeep Patriot is a very well-designed vehicle and my wife and I are very pleased with our purchase."

THE LITTLE SUV THAT COULD

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I got my 2009 jeep patriot about 2 months ago and i love it. It runs real good and so far no problems I got it when it had about 47000 miles on it and now has over 50000 miles. It is good in the snow and ice too. The only downfall is that the engine is a 4 cly and not a 6 cly but that is ok. I plan to put a towing package on it soon so I can tow light loads and I do not doubt its ability. Overall its a excellent little suv."

2009 limited. Good for the price.

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

"If you like a compact crossover and classic Jeep styling, you'll love the exterior as i do. The limited is worth the extra $ in my mind, nice comfortable heated leather seats, touch screen/sirius/nav, power sunroof, great audio system. Once you get used to the CVT transmission you will like it, plenty of power for a 4cyl. One major problem and why i gave it a 3 for quality is the leaking issues. Mine has leaked from the front and rear domelights, and this is a known problem with 07-10 Patriots. If they can fix that it's a no brainer to get this in the compact class. Another minor gripe for me is the small gas tank, 13.5 gal. Simply too small. While i get good gas mileage (25-21), it feels like i'm always at the tank. Should have a 16.5 + gallon tank like most others in it's class."

Great Little Jeep

By on Sunday, December 05, 2010

"Purchased my patriot in 2009 for my wife and she LOVES it. It has been super reliable. Dont let its small size fool you it is quite roomy inside. Engine is a little noisy when pushed hard and the CVT tranny takes a little getting used to but the power isnt bad when merging or passing. Its comfortable on long trips and the gas mileage is pretty good. Expert reviews dont give this Jeep much praise but im pleasantly surprised and not disappointed at all with this Jeep. Its a great value."

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, July 03, 2010

"I bought a new 2009 Patriot Sport 4x4 with a manual transmission and have put on 27,000 miles. I really like the redesigned interior for 09 - they really cleaned it up compared to 08 but they can still do more to soften up the plastic. I get about 26 mpg with 30 on the highway. I tow a small boat and utility trailer and the vehicle does great. Traction in the winter is amazing. I really like the way the seats fold down for a flat cargo area and the front passenger seat folding flat to allow 8 foot boards inside. I am very pleased with the vehicle and recommend it to everyone."

By on Sunday, April 25, 2010

"When I first started looking for a vehicle about 2 years ago because the lease on my Jetta was up I knew I wanted something a little bit bigger. I have some large football playin', burger eatin' buddies who love to squish into my car 4 at a time. I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything under $20k that would have low gas mileage and few miles on the car used. I found the Patriot about 4 days of 8 hour straight searching and had never seen one before. Thought it was perfect before I even stepped in. It looks like the little brother of the Commander! I have taken it on long trips and the head-space and back-seat room leave everyone feeling very comfortable. Great job Jeep!"

good value

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"09 Limited (have had it about 3 weeks). Seems to be a tight, well put together car. Auto trans (6) is great, Will be real handy. Have a bit over 1000 miles and am getting about 24 Hwy (maybe will get better when broken in). Leather seats are fine, appointments seem really good. Drives and rides really quiet, and seens great, with adiquit power. First time with sunroof and killer stero, but I like it, though a bit costly. Dealer tinted the front window's for us,,, turned out good. CON... No 12 volt continous outlet (really stupid), No trailer wire at rear (equaly stupid), No standard roof rack cross overs (After hard negotation the dealer included them)!! Paid a bit over $19,000 and feel its a OK deal. Lifetime powertrain warantee, and I bought the Optional Max liftime bumper to bumper warantee ($1575.00) I think these are both really great but it only covers the origional buyer, cannot be transfered AT ALL. All in all, a pretty solid car..."

LOVE IT!!!!

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"I can't say enough about this vehicle! AWESOME!! It it quiet, smooth and beautiful!! I get so many compliments on it. I have the upgraded sport model with beautiful alloy 17 inch rims, pwr moonroof and 6 disc cd-MP3/satellite stereo system and could not imagine a better vehicle. I am getting about 23 mpg around town, what other SUV can you get that kind of mileage on? I just wish it had a bigger gas tank instead of the 13.5 gallons."

2007 Patriot

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I bought in October 2007, it was the last 2007 Patriot 4WD on the lot, and was marked down to 14,900. It drives great, the seats are comfortable. I am not thrilled with the quality of the materials on the interior, but it is comfortable. I had a difficult time securing stuff to the rack, there is no place to tie or strap down to. We took it camping a couple of times, and will be spending time in the Sierras this year in the snow. I can't think of another 4WD in this class that I would rather have."