• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,024 - $20,469.

10/5.3

8.3

Based on 385 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

2013 Patriot

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "4wd full time, easy to clean inside and out."

Cons: "a bit noisy with road noise at highway speeds"

"11k on my Patriot. Find it to be exceptional. Good looking, all arounder. Have FD 1 and it has kept me going in the winter. I am sure there are better vehicles out there, but this is American made and doesn't break the bank"

great car

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Cons: "side mirrors are too big"

"great in the winter"

let it snow, let it snow

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "2nd week I owned it -16 and fired right up"

Cons: "wish it did not have carpet so I could hose it out"

colorado spings winter wounder land

"I have owned thus 2014 Jeep Patriot for 6 months and it is no nonsense SUV that will take me wherever I want to go; moreover, It truly is an all-purpose vehicle without all of the bells and whistles. Last week I drove it non stop for 800 miles each way and it was comfortable and got about 27 miles per gal. It is in the top 3 of the least expensive autos to insure."

colorado spings winter wounder land

Very Reliabe Vehicle. Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. Easy to Drive Handles Great."

Cons: "It does not have Power Windows or Doors."

"I love my Jeep Patriot. It has a Split Shift Transmission which makes it cheaper on Gas. Even though it is very cheap on Gas anyway. I had never took my Jeep any father than a 160 mile Round Trip. I left out of here back in October 2013 and went to Florida in it. I never had a problem with it. It took me on average $50.00 in Gas There and Back. I would recommend any type of Jeep to anyone. I love A JEEP."

Terrible warranty, terrible engineering...

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, good on gas"

Cons: "Eats tires, front end needs work 24/7."

"I purchased this Jeep brand new in 2008, I drove it from Northern NY to Colorado and back three months after I purchased it, and drove it for one year back and forth to work 52 miles each way, five days a week. Otherwise it was only driven approximately 2 miles a day during the week and occasional local trips within 50 miles on weekends. I have faithfully had the oil changed, and had it serviced when necessary. The CONS: I have had to purchase a set of tires a year, had the front end replaced entirely, and have had three sets of balljoints put on the front end since I purchased it. I've also had a tie rod, and some sort of stabilizer arm replaced also. This thing eats tires like Cookie Monster eats macaroons. I have them rotated as recommended by the manufacturer, and finally put a different size on, as recommended by my local tire place, and those tires lasted me two years. At almost $200 a tire, it makes for a steep expense yearly. The tires always wear in the inside, specifically on the front tires, but since I have them rotated regularly, I have to replace all four. The stereo will NOT work in subzero temperatures, and never has since the first winter I owned it. If the mercury drops below -10, the weather has to warm up at least 10 degrees before the stereo will work, even if you leave it on the night before. Just a quirk for me, but a VERY annoying one. I will NEVER purchase a Jeep product again. The front end replacement came out of my pocket, despite the fact that it was within 16 months of purchasing the vehicle, as the manufacturer insisted there was no factory defect. I have more than $8000 in this car, after purchase price in parts, labor, and that doesn't include that someone side swiped me and I had to replace the mirror. The PROS: It's GREAT on gas, I averaged upwards of 34 miles a gallon while traveling across country. It's still great on gas today. I can fill it once a month and drive it around town daily and not have to worry about filling it again til the following month, but I usually top it off whenever it gets to 3/4 of a tank. It's comfortable to ride in. I have degenerative disk disease and three ruptured disks, and I have to admit, this is one vehicle that I can ride in the front or back seats without having to get out and walk around to loosen up my back. It heats up fast in winter. I live in an area where it's usually subzero temps from mid December until March, and I never have to worry about a cold car. It has NEVER not started for me. I've replaced the battery once. Other than the front end, and eating tires this vehicle is great."

See if you qualify for