• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,295 - $15,804.

10/5.4

8.3

Based on 373 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I like it more everytime I drive it!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Smooth, reliable, fun to drive."

Cons: "Lack of torque from a stop"

"I upgraded from a 2007 Chevy Cobalt to my 2010 Jeep Patriot FD1 in 9/2011. I've driven all types of vehicles from pickup trucks to passenger, sport and muscle cars to small and large SUV's. PROS: After having it for a year, I continue to enjoy and increase my enjoyment evertime I drive my little Patriot. I love the mileage, and though not great, better than any V6 SUV I've driven while keeping myself in an American car. It performs well on the highway with a smooth ride. With the CVT, the feelings of the vehicle shifting are non-existent, making it comfortable driving around town where any other car will be changing gears up and down constantly. The ESC (Electronic Stability Control) keeps it on the road in icy/snow conditions. I've purposely tried to spin the vehicle out unsuccessfully in some of our heavy Colorado Snowstorms - though I still drive with care. Cargo room is great, passenger space is wonderful, head room is great. Independent Suspension makes for a wonderful ride in the city where potholes are abundant. CONS: OEM tires are really noisy on the road, I suggest upgrading to something with less road noise. Low-End torque is a bit lacking from a stop. It feels a bit sluggish merging into traffic, but isn't a huge deal. The size of the vehicle compared to the motor leaves a lot of room under the hood, which is nice when you want to get at stuff. But, they should have used some more of this abundance of space by making the Patriot a 2.6L or 2.8L I-4 to give it a bit more pickup & go. The layout of the windshield makes seeing overhead stop lights difficult, but again not something that is a huge deal. Does not have a full-size spare tire. CVT is at times noisier than traditional transmissions. Makes getting up to speed a bit louder, but once you are cruising, it is smooth & quiet. I do wonder about long-term reliability of the CVT because they have only recently begun to be used in Production vehicles. But the CVT was invented over 100 years ago, so the concept is not new. I wish they had standard tinted windows. Should have made power driver seat standard. OVERALL: Overall, I really love this little Jeep. It wasn't too expensive, and is a great alternative for someone who wants to not sit on the asphalt behind big trucks with headlights shining through the mirrors from behind in your eyes, but doesn't want the negatives of a large SUV. I suggest avoiding the front-wheel drive only version. Get at least the AWD/4WD 2.4L FD1 if you want to get the best value. Upgrde to the 2.4L FD2 for increased offroad-ability offering the added 19:1 Low Gear for those tough trails. Great for a city-goer who needs a smaller car to fit in those tight parking lots. Also a good option for travelers who want to save money on gas, but want to have enough room for the wife, kid(s) and family dog. Great for people who live in areas that experience harsh winters. This little Patriot will get you where you want to go with no worries about getting stuck with the added ability of light to medium off road capabilities."

I am So Happy!!

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"The only thing I wish is that the gas tank would had been larger. Gas does not last long because of the small tank. Therefore, more trips to the gas station. Other than that - PERFECT for the budget conscious driver!!!"

WAS my favorite car but let me down at 75,000

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "interior space, all-weather driving, handling"

Cons: "poorly built electrical system, hood hard to open"

"I bought this Jeep new in 2007. I've been buckled into a Jeep ever since I was in a car seat. My last Jeep was a 1991 Cherokee Sport that would probably still have outlasted this one. This Patriot was fantastic for moving from apartment to apartment - the low profile made it easy to load things onto the roof rack, and I could fit a dresser, surf boards, you-name-it in the back. I drove it up and down the east coast, from Maine to the Keys, all without a hiccup. The turning radius allowed me to u-turn way better than previous Jeeps It got me to work and home during blizzards and I even slept in it. But at 75,000, things went sour. I started having major electrical issues, leaving me broken down in the middle of busy intersections. Chrysler took over a week even to figure out what was wrong with it. I've now replaced 2 different computer modules. The worst part is that I was just 2,900 over the warranty boundary! $2,000 later, I'm heartbroken that I find myself shopping for a more reliable car. :'("

hard to beat the patriot

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "Very safe in bad weather, good resale value."

Cons: "slow acceleration at low speed"

"Very high quality when you buy the Limited. Very reliable, and unstoppable in the snow/ice.The automatic traction and anti-lock brakes are superb. lock up four wheel drive, and it has never gotten us stuck. I serviced it regularly, and had no problems with the CVT transmission. It got 21 city like clock work, and 28mpg on long trips. Tires lasted 43,000 miles, and front brakes at 60,000.The jeep is a little pokey from a dead start, but wind it up and it hits highway speeds quickly. I am buying a new one since it is the last year for this style. I paid 22,000 for the 2007, and am selling it for 11,000 used! I can live with that."

Love My Jeep, Still, Disappointments.

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "Style, safety features, options, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Gas mileage 17-22. (Rated 22-28)"

"Not my 1st Jeep. I chose the LattitudeX, because of style, features, reviews, and I thought good mpg. Drives great, handles as expected and very comfortable for the most part. So far, mountains, rivers banks, washes and sands have been no challenge. The Patriot has impressive safety features that give me peace of mind. The style, inside and out is attractive. The ride is smooth, and powerful enough when needed. All of that being said, there are some disappointments. The biggest is the gas mileage. I never expected the in town, and short ride mileage to be so low. The average is 17mpg. I got better than that from my 6 cyl Cherokee Sport. Now if you want to go so easy and slow you could be arrested, you can get 20. Open road and interstate, the average is 22. (I did not buy the Trail Rated because the top mileage was around 23). I was expecting 20 city and 25-26 highway and maybe better. I drive speed limits and avoid quick starts. I live in an area of SE Alabama, so mostly minor hills. I have considered trading or selling just because of the very poor mileage. Stock Infinities. major gas stations. If the gas mileage was just 3 more mpg, I would be ecstatic! I thought after a few K the mileage would increase, but did not. I am very disappointed with mpg. The fact I love everything else about my Jeep, is the only reason I keep it. Sad. Style wise, the seat is ok, has lumbar handle to adjust, but the head rest is back too far in my opinion. The trim of the center console sides should be padded. It can be uncomfortable on the right knee after a while. Need to make the duel DC receptacle standard on all Jeep products! The AC inverter is nice. The plastic skirt around the base of the driver seat chipped around the left side where the power seat handle is located. That was a surprise. The moon roof allowed water to seep in the roof and fill the roof overhead lamp. They had to remove the liner and fix. Had a sensor go out that caused the Jeep to lose power and stall. All of this in the 1st year. The last 10k has been normal except for a safety belt recall. If you like the style, comfort features, safety features, good ride, and dependable transportation, you will enjoy the Patriot Lattitude. It is a pleasure to drive.If gas milage had been what the specs claim, I would have rated everything 10."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25