2012 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 461 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

The Cheaper Jeep

By on Monday, February 8, 2016

Reason: Trade in for Wrangler

Pros: "Cheap price tag for a Jeep, Great family car"

Cons: "Bad resale value, not the best quality"

"Jeep is well known for off road capabilities and overall the patriot will do the job off road. I recently traded in my patriot for a wrangler. I liked driving my patriot and only had a complaint about the quality of certain things in the car such as the weather molding coming undone after 6 months. Little things like the radio would randomly act up and cause minor headaches. Although I generally liked my patriot the most alarming thing is how horribly these patriots hold their value. Upon wanting to trade I was told my Jeep had depreciated over $9,000 and had to trade in with negative equity. They had over 20 patriots on the lot and only 2 wranglers. Simply put I think if you can afford a little higher payment it is worth investing in a wrangler. The resale value stays extremely strong for wranglers and I personally just love owning a wrangler! Although the patriot makes a great family car for a cheaper initial price tag."

Seems great so far

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "better gas mileage, easy to handle"

Cons: "slow pick-up"

"Ive only had the car for 6 months and so far it does seem to be good. It does a great job traveling on the road I live on especially in the winter. The only thing I'm not fond of is the sluggish transmission and slow pick up. But it does good on gas and gets where I need it to go. I also like the stability control, traction control, and 4wd combination."

Great!

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Great MPG, Latitude features turn it into a luxury"

Cons: "No heated back seats"

"It is a perfect settle for someone like me wanting the Grand Cherokee. You sacrifice a few luxury features, but they are put in differently with the Latitude X. Love this car!!!"

Great fuel efficient vehicle

By on Thursday, July 7, 2016

Pros: "Fuel mileage, reliability, functionality"

Cons: "no cupholders in the doors"

"This little guy has done everything I have asked of it with aplomb. From hauling the family to the beach, towing our popup to bombing down fire roads this little jeep does it all and gets great gas mileage while doing it. The only reason I would ever get rid of it is to get the Grand Cherokee Diesel."

Great CO car

By on Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pros: "Incredibly reliable"

Cons: "Not fast"

"This is a GREAT car. Equal to or exceeding my 1984 Toyota 4-Runner in reliability, but with better gas mileage. In 150K miles, there have only been minor garage visits needed. A bearing replacement and a ball joint. That's it. The car is fantastic in the snow, has a great durable interior finish that works well with kids who love to get dirty. It also has good safety ratings and has a lifetime powertrain warranty, just in case."