• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Jeep Patriot

8.3

Based on 388 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Could have been better

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"I have a few concens about the 2013 Jeep Patriot. From day one the brakes have squeeked. Have had trouble with all four Windows."

Verry Happy but its expensive

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "great for winter, spacious interior"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"If you plan on financing a jeep, put some money down. I am happy with this jeep, yes its not the greatest on gas mileage but you have to expect that with a 4WD sometimes. No major repairs yet and approaching 3 years. Great in snow and in rain!! I dont load massive items but the interior is spacious and worth the money."

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"Wasnt in the market for a new car but when i drove the Patriot i fell in love with it! I really dont understand all the bad reviews from the car experts. Plenty of room good driving height for me tons of headroom too. Fold down the back seats and you get 6 feet of space! Cant beat it for the gas mileage either. 21 city and 28 highway for a SUV with lots of space. Ill be driving my Patriot for many many years to come."

Unstable issues on wet freeways or night driving

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Cons: "Something seems wrong with the suspension."

"Have owned a jeep earlier in my life and saved 20 years for another one. Purchased on 11/13 a 2014. 12/13 returned to shop complaining about pulls to the right, rough steering and a sense of drifting on the hwy or on rainy corners. Rotated tires, no good. 2 months later cross rotated tires. So on dry, sunny days it steers a straight line down the hwy/freeway which it did not do before, but on wet days or heat exchanges on the hwy (hot days to cool nights creates air pockets) it bounces all over like it has a suspension issue and frankly is unnerving. I am afraid to drive this jeep long distances or after dark. After awhile of fighting the steering, I am exhausted and at times feel light headed. Keenly upset as this was the car of my dreams and I have really no cash flow to correct the issue - and I paid for all of the jeep upfront. Tearful and stressed."

Nice...

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Practical...easy on gas"

Cons: "Front seat not safe when a baby seat is in..."

"Traded in a 2008 Cadillac CTS - so glad I did! Love the ride better than Cadillac! I bought it new - never had a problem other than squeaky brakes! They did replace a brake arm - supposably. Did not fix the noise...so I keep traveling. When I hit the gas, it pulls to the right - did it during the test ride too...maybe because of the CVS transmission? It does slag power on hard acceleration. Baby seat in the back seat and the passenger in the front with knees are on the dash. I don't think this would be safe if the air bag would deploy. Not comfotable either. Fantasic to use during moving. Particularly if you don't use boxes! Takes me 3 hours to pack in all the space. It does ok for the simple conviences..2 cup holders in front...use the door handle for the cell phone. It works."