2010 Jeep Patriot

8.3

Based on 402 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling on ice, in snow, on slick roads"

Cons: "Some maintenance issues"

"I've been driving my '07 Patriot for almost 6 years and have logged about 97000 miles, both city and highway. My highway mpg is usually 27-30 but I've done as well as 32mpg on some road trips. The handling is exceptional - I've never driven a better vehicle in slippery or sub-par conditions - the car handles like it it stuck to the road, no tipping or rocking as I've seen mentioned, and no slipping or sliding, not to mention I can drive through pretty much anything (and my model is not trail-rated). As far as complaints I've read about the interior - well, if you are looking for a luxury car, why did you get a Patriot? This car is built for function, families, dogs, and hauling stuff. I can fit several pairs of cross-country skis inside the vehicle, or several dogs, or a dog kennel, or a bicycle, you name it. The only reason I didn't give it straight 10's across the board is because there have been some maintenance issues over the years that have had to be addressed. But because of the handling and safety, I would absolutely recommend this vehicle to anyone."

affordable

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "MPGs, leg room, cost"

Cons: "Sounds like a toy car"

"I wanted something with great MPG's and 4x4. I found it. There is room for groceries and leg room for the back passengers. We are a Jeep family and I am so glad I got this one. I bought this new over a year ago and my hubby wants me to trade it in for a Wrangler but there is no way. I love my Patriot."

Great Value & Reliability

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Great Value and reliability"

Cons: "Could be a bit larger and quieter, for my tastes."

"Have owned many cars, but this is the most reliable I've ever had. In 92K miles, I have replaced a set of tires, spark plugs, air cleaner and battery. Other than these routine items, the only thing I've replaced has been two tail light bulbs. Of course, being an inexpensive and utilitarian vehicle, there are some compromises, but the value is outstanding. It doesn't show any signs of wear!"

nice little tank

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Cons: "the seats could be more comfortable"

"completely surprised by the capabilities. Found ourselves in an area that I probably shouldn't have been with it. 18" of loose, wet sand full of rocks....really should have not been there. Walked right through it....really nice job. I love it"

Good everyday car

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

"Will take care of everyday needs."

I bought this with the Trail Rated Package.

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Great price and MPG, Jeep tough off-road."

Cons: "could use more aggressive tire choices."

"It is very good off-road and still gets great MPG. I really am impressed with it's hill climbing and rock crawling with no modifications. Also the purchase price was great. I have had no problems except a rear hatch squeak which the dealer fixed. I have nothing negative to say about it. It is much more capable than I had anticipated when I bought it for my wife. It is now mine for everyday and hunting."

Very good car for the price.

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Safety, cost"

Cons: "Plastic dash feels cheaper than usual"

"This car is a great value. I've been getting around 27 mpg on the highway and 18-19 city. However, its safety and control is noteworthy. I've had this car for over a year, driving in all kinds of weather. I've driven in rain, snow, sleet, hail, muddy roads, gravel, ice, and through it all I've never lost traction or slid. It is a great first car for teenagers, and a fun car to drive."

I love it

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun jeep,Great on gas, we do a lot of traveling"

"Everything I wanted at a great price.I have been driving this jeep for 3 years now."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Roomy passenger compartment"

Cons: "Gas mileage is subpar"

"I am 100% unhappy with this car. The gas mileage is no where near what they say the "average" is. It says 24 city/29 hwy and I am getting 22 hwy and lord knows for just city. I've only had the vehicle 7 months and already had the check engine light come on twice for the evaporative system involving the fuel system. The cargo space is minimal at best. My VW Jetta had more room. I've tried working with the local dealership about gas mileage and so far they have done nothing to help."

The drive is amazing!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"I was accually looking for a different car when the car salesmen showed me the the Patriot. I didnt think I was going to like it, but I gave it a chance and I love it! It drive so smooth on and off roads."

ho-hum vehicle. no real stand out in anything.

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

"usually get 26 mpg, but as high as 30mpg 80% hwy/20% city. the bad: not a fast car, not trail rated despite claims, somewhat tippy on curves, no low end torque at all, 5 speed is bad notchy and reverse gear is a bear to find, a/c always starts in floor mode despite settings, ongoing issues with seals make humidity in the interior a real problem, seating seems to be mashing flat after just 6 months use, roof structure is "tinny", manufacturer's warranty aren't worth the paper they are written on, no seat height adjustment on sport model and the dealer will not install for legal reasons, oil life monitoring doesn't work as it should cheap tires even w/ premium wheels, basic A/C is a $1000 option but foglamps are standard, negotiate your best deal before buying b/c it's value will sink like a stone. the good: can be had cheap, spiritual ancestor to those who like the 90's cherokee, upgraded interior after '10 models, the only US-made car-based SUV w/ manual trans and 4WD and one of two cars (2nd is MINI countryman $26K) available for the US, not as butt-ugly as the Compass, newer models have black plastic accents."

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "small yet comfortable, good ride. you feel safe in"

Cons: "small gas tank, slow acceleration"

"Jeep really nailed it with the Patriot. A small SUV with a sedan feel but yet reliable in rough conditions like you will expect a JEEP. I love my Patriot, I've owned one since they came out in 2007 and I plan on keeping it forever. I moved from PR and brought it with me!"

Great value for the price of car

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

"We bought our 2014 Jeep Patriot the end of June and we love the car. We drove 6 or 7 new vehicles at the Jeep/Chrysler dealership and we fell in love with the Patriot; it gets great gas mileage 32mpg so far city/hwy combined, it handles like the old wagoneers of the past and is very comfortable and roomy inside and is fun to drive. The 2.0L engine with the 6 speed automatic has plenty of power to climb the mountains around us in AZ and cruizes down freeway with ease. We got the Winter Chill color and dark charcoal interior. We have no regrets of buying this car, extremely happy with it. If you haven't driven one and you like the simplicity of Jeep then I recommend it to you."

too many blind spots

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "found out i gave to much for it, it was just aride"

Cons: "no ash tray"

"way windshield is in, causes too many blind spots, hard to see to right sharp curves at night, also to the left, headreast on back seats is hard to see out the rear, seats sats to low, cannot rest arm on door with window open,due to blind spot on left of windshield, caused me to hit a light post concrete bottom, and i hope the insurance will total it out, and NO i will not buy another patriot!!!!!!!"

Can't wait to trade this in...

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Inexpensive SUV w/ 4WD"

Cons: "Engine hesitation. Chrysler cut corners."

"We purchased our Patriot on Independence Day last year (7/4/2012).. We had an issue with water leaking info the rear cargo area for 11 of the 12 months that we've owned it. Corporate just repaired/ corrected the water issue last month, on the fifth attempt to correct/ fix the problem. (Corporate was also not a pleasant experience for the record. The mid-Atlantic CSR who contacted my husband and I with regard o the repairs was rude and degrading on the phone. He did not care about the potential health problems that I was experiencing as a result of a vehicle that had been leaking for several month (asthma & allergy concerns with a mold/ mildew trigger). And at one point during the conversation even said,"I wouldn't buy your car back if you we're my sister." Fortunately, the service manager that we dealt with after that point was much more pleasant to deal with.) Approximately 5 months after purchase (3,000 miles), the vehicle stalled at a stop sign in the neighborhood (stop #2). It was taken in for service, and after a 3 hour diagnostic I was sent on my way without a resolution or diagnosis. The dealer just told me to let it warm up for longer. Six months later we received a recall notice for the fuel line connecter, which will cause your car to stall unexpectedly if you have less than a half of tank of gas, possibly causing an accident. Wait it gets better, Chrysler would love to fix this problem, but (surprise surprise) the part to correct this dangerous situation hasn't been manufactured yet, and they don't know when it will be available. (It's been more than a month and its still not fixed.) Yesterday, we received yet another recall notice with regard to seatbelt auto-locking mechanism as well as airbag deployment (i.e., they won't function when you need them to). In short, I've always wanted a Jeep and was really excited when I finally owned one. Now a year later, I can't wait until the nightmare is over."

Can't wait to trade this in...

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Body style. Inexpensive SUV with 4WD."

Cons: "Engine hesitation. Poorly manufactured."

Constant problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"I leased this car when it came out in 2008 and ended up buying in 2011. Ever since I bought this car, it has been in the shop every other month with problems. The most frequent problem I have is that the shift gets stuck in park. No matter how hard I press my foot on the brake I can't go into reverse or drive. The dealer claims to fix it as a problem w/ the sensor only for it to happen again a few weeks later. Also, it has failed to start sometimes, my dealership claiming it needed "computer updates". On top of this, I had problems with the driver door falling out of place and having to crawl out of the passenger side until they could fix this door. The only positives are good gas mileage and I'm able to get around in the winter time."

Good bang for the buck, reliable, and comfortable

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "price, reliablitiy, comfort"

Cons: "plain"

"The car lacks anything to be enthusiastic about, but has never given me any problems. The car handles well in snow, rain, wind, bumps, high speeds, traffic, and quick braking situations. Would buy again."

Great All Purpose Vehicle

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Great Price/great highway mileage/typical Jeeplook"

Cons: "no lumbar/some cabin noise/"

"I have owned Cherkoees and Grand Cherokees which I cherished, now that I'm older I look at value. The Patriot is a good looking nostalgic Jeep. It is practical and useful for any family. It has comfortable seats and a great comfortable ride. The CVT is a little work getting used to but fine after that(2014 has the 6sp. auto). This car is great in all season inclimate weather and for slight off-road use. You will love the 27-29 MPG highway benefit with the CVT. I got a 2012 with CVT, 2.4L engine, the convenience pkg(heated elec. mirrors/elec.door locks/A/C/cruise control)for under $19.5(11/2012) with some perks. You must check for the incentive deals before you buy because you will get your best deal."

Very reliable, practical SUV.

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Great value and does what it was design for well"

Cons: "Loud power train, arm rest to short"

"It's a very practical SUV for around town shopping. My wife loves to load the back to bring home Costco size packages. It's easy to drive, reliable, and gives you a good view of the road. You can't beat it for the price. It's go in snow as well. When considering buying it realize it is a Jeep not a sports car. The 2008 has a CVT transmission which is loud as well as the motor going up steep hills. The new 2014 6 speed should help alot. It's a good SUV to purchase new and the life time warranty is still available as a option which is something to consider if you plan to keep it for long term. We have ours over five years and it looks and runs new. The hard plastic interior is easy to clean if you have kids and the seating folds for hauling long loads. My wife loves it and we plan to keep it for at least another 10 years like the last Jeep since she does only local driving."

Good entry level SUV

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Great on gas"

Cons: "4 cylinder eng is sluggish, needs more power"

"I like the gas mileage and seats 5 pretty comfortably."

Love the little Pat

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy on gas and good on city driving"

Cons: "Cheap interior and small rattles"

"Not much to say The patriot is the kind of vehicle you get for doing the little run about thing in your life. If you try to do to much heavy lifting it might let you down. I use it for my daily commute and running to the store. Love it just for that"

Like my old cherokee

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Very cherokee like"

Cons: "CVT IS A BIT SLUGGISH"

"I've had two cherokees and was really sad when they discontinued them. I would haven't bought a Jeep if it wasn't for this one being so close to a cherokee. I wish it wasn't a CVT and had a standard transfer case and a 6 cylinder. But the 4 cylinder is plenty, the Cvt performs well, and the 4wd works fine for everything Ill use it for. Its way better on gas too. But it really does feel like a new cherokee. I love it. very classy ride. Paid 23 for a latitude, came with block heater remote start and heated seats and all that cold weather stuff. Its a great little Jeep best bang for the buck."

Great vehicle. price and fuel millage

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "cost, fuel millage, ride, dependable"

Cons: "could be 2" wider. Factory tires."

"I have a 2010 Patriot that I purchased new. It gets better fuel millage than the sticker. Rides great and I have had not one problem with it. I did not like the factory tires. They did wear well but have no off-road ability. I replaced them with a US made tire and I enjoy the outdoors off-road now. I have had many cars but this one is the best value by far."

Great Value

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Acceleration, good gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Noisy when shifting"

"Patriot has great pick up. Gas mileage is good. Lots of cargo space. Front seat folds flat going forward. Ride is comfortable. The CVT is smooth shifting but a little noisy. I have no complaints."