2010 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 435 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Low Cost Transportation

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I bought this vehicle strickly on price when they were giving them away in 2008 for $14,200 and a $500 gas card. It is the base 4WD model with 5 speed manual transmission. It came with a lifetime drivetrain warranty. No trips to the dealer for service in the first 3 yrs. Gets great mileage, 23/24mpg overall average, 20 mpg in the dead of winter and 30mpg on a highway trip. Goes like a tank in snow. Not the classiest SUV on the road but the most economical."

This jeep rocks!

By on Sunday, November 28, 2010

"My Jeep Patriot 4WD 5 Speed sport is a great little unit. It holds the line well even on very bad roads and trails. The 4WD is solid on snow, ice, sand and washboard. It corners on a dime, and the electronic stability control is almost scary, this surprising vehicle can pull square turns at stupid speeds. The 5 speed taps the engines abilities and it cruises over mountains and on the interstate. Much like the original, it’s small and light and just what a little jeep was supposed to be. It is not a wrangler, but it is way ahead for value per dollar. This jeep rocks! I cannot believe that they are talking about killing it for some lame Fiat which is never going to be able to handle North American conditions."

Been great!

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"I was used to the Grand Cherokee, but felt like I was hogging gas so decided to downsize to Patriot. Have averaged 20 mpg in town and 26-28 on hwy. Not the same plush comfort, but certainly not uncomfortable. Handles well in 4wd and snow."

Good Quality Ride

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love my Jeep Patriot. It's a good quality ride with good gas mileage. It has the 4-wheel drive if I need it and not the 4-wheel drive ride. I would reccommend the Jeep Patriot to anyone..."

A Great Performance Value

By on Sunday, July 26, 2009

"I've got 50k miles on my Pat Limited and it keeps getting better with age. Getting 26-28 mpg. 31 mpg at 55 mph. Winter mpg (almost always in 4WD) was 22 mpg! Spent 6 hours driving thru a freak snowstorm w/ 10" snow on freeway and it never disappointed. In fact, we felt confidently safe. CVT is a blast, once you learn how to use it."

Double rebate - best deal in town

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"We just traded in our old Exploder under the Cash for Clunkers Program. We ended up with $8000 off, although it was of the full sticker price. We drove a LOT of cars before the Patriot, and having owned SUVs for over 20 years - the bang for the buck on this model is exceptional! We bought the 4 cyl with Auto Trans and it has good enough power to pass, get up hills quickly, and responsive with either the fully auto trans feature, or if you want to manually shift down. I rated the reliability a 5 because of other owners I have run into who have said - no problems with the Patriot, and being a previous Jeep owner, it feels solid like my old one. The performance and comfort could be improved, but remember this is a $20K SUV. 5 stars are for Escalades I guess. Jeep did the public a favor with this one by cutting down the overall size vs. a Cherokee, but keeping a lot of room back and front, and headroom as well. Mileage is not quite 25, but what car tells the truth on the stickers anyway??? The interior is also VERY comfortable, and I mean a powerful A/C, nice standard 6 disc CD/radio, seat design, the fully reclining passenger seat, and power controls in easy reach. If you are planning on going off-road, do more research. However, for the street and occasional needs to hit the dirt, this vehicle is solid! Highly recommended if you are on a budget and need room for the kids and all their stuff."

Great Buy

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I purchased this vehile last summer and was immediately impressed with it's styling and comprehensive sound system. As a year went by I never cursed the quality of the car. I knew I was sacrificing tow capability for mpg, so I was never dissapointed, It is great for my outdoor/active lifestyle. With the flip down speakers it is second to none when it comes to tailgating. This car is nothing but fun and suits me perfectly!"

Great All-Around Vehicle

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"We have the 5pd 4WD Sport version. Good gas mileage, fun to drive, excellent in snow."

GREAT momma car

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Not only is this SUV extremely good looking, but it gets GREAT gas mileage. I have a 6 months old daughter, and we purchased this car 4 months ago. I used to own a Saturn Sedan, and I get better gas mileage in our new 2008 Patriot than I ever did in our Saturn. It has a smaller gas tank AND last longer. It's a plus in both directions! It's so comfortable, and the Patriot comes with the option of the "Yes!" fabric which prevents stains (perfect for a family). Its a car that looks great and compact from the outside, but sitting inside it feels a WHOLE lot bigger. I couldn't be happier with our vehicle choice. I advise anyone who is going to be purchasing a SUV to take a SERIOUS look at the Patriot. I promise you won't regret it."

Great value

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Bought new in Aug. 2007 - actually got one of the first 2008 models in Oregon. Have since put on almost 20,000 miles... averaging about 27.5mpg. Gas mileage for the size of vehicle is great, and probably one of the best features. I have the 2.4 2x4 with CVT - does what it needs to do in around-town driving, and reasonably capable in snow and ice. I didn't buy this for 'performance', but it does well enough on the highway... For $15,900, I don't think you can find a much better 'utility vehicle'. I can tow a small boat, throw a kayak or bike on the roof, fill the inside with all sorts of junk, or bring several adult-sized people with me. Really a very versatile little rig - does exactly what I hoped it'd be able to do; with a bonus of gas mileage and comfort better than I had anticipated. The interior is pretty bland and cheap, but for the price of these, it's no surprise. At least vinyl is easy to clean. Mechanically so far, anyway, it seems very solid."

very pleased but let down

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"i am i the army and have had my patriot for 6 months now and already have over 11k miles on it gets about 20 mpg. i am amazingly pleased with it, i have a sport with 4wd and it is trailrated with the limited rims. seat warmers and cruse controll. the only drawback i feel the vehicle has is that it lacks in power. i do believe it is the transmission i have though, i have the constant variable transmission which you never feel shift a gear and although it is very comfortabe i feel that it eats up alot of power. but overall this vehicle is amazing i have taken it offroad and it will do anything you want it to except pull out you buddies jeep liberty who is bottomed out in mud. but the independent suspension does its job and got me through it."

By on Monday, May 05, 2008

"I love this jeep. I just wish it had a bigger engine and with a small engine still only 20 mpg."

Jeep Patriot Trail Rated

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"Overall this vehicle was the best value for a 4x4 suv that I ran into. It may not have the most power, may not be the best offroad, and may not have the largest fuel tank, but it does everything very good. This jeep is very well rounded. It gets good gas mileage compared to other 4x4s and is comfortable to drive. I've had it offroading all over California, even in the snow and it does great. I've had it on trails rated up to 5 - 6 and as long as you take it slow there is no problem. Its great for the mammoth trips!"

The best Mini SUV

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"I bought this Jeep due to the great deal they gave me. I was trying to buy a Liberty. They told me if im not off roading i dont need a jeep like that. So i was able to get a Limited. The sound system is great, super powerful and clear and the free SAT is great. The gas mileage is good around 24-26. For a FWD suv with lotts of room I dont think i could have gotten a better deal. I hope I dont get a sunroof leak like the other reviews. I do live in houston and that would be very bad. The over all review is the best 19500 I have ever spent on any new or used auto. Have not used the lifetime warranty yet 12k miles so far."

Good Cheap Jeep

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"This Jeep is a great car for the price. I bought the Sport 4x4 with a manual shift, 17 inch tires and all the extras I wanted for $23,000. The Escape and others I looked at would have been several thousand more. So far it has been great. Good mileage (the main reason I bought it) and a nice smooth shift and ride. It's really been getting a 4WD workout too since we've gotten lots of snow this past month. It handles it well. I like the fact that it gets excellent safety ratings too. I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a good inexpensive 4x4."

Bad Gas Mileage

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I have had a few minor problems with the AC and a leaky sunroof. The most significant problem is Gas Mileage WAY less than stated.. averaging 20 mpg, (lowest was 16 all city driving, highest was 22 all highway). Driven 3000 miles, about 3 months, and other than bad gas mileage I love it. Drives wonderfully and smooth, excellent sound and luxury amenities, and looks beautiful. Excellent value for the price."

great value suv

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"was looking for a small suv that would not break the bank. This is it. Much better than the compact value car i have now."

I love my Patriot!

By on Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pros: "great price its a JEEP!"

"Bought her a little over a year ago (APR '14) and loving every minute of it. I cant understand why so many expert car reviews bash this little SUV. It does great on gas easy to park plenty of power and still looks brand new! I got the sport (basic) version and the one time I drove it in a snowstorm it did just fine keeping it in second gear with the Autostick. Never got stuck even at red lights."

Much Better Vehicle Than I thought It Would Be

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Great CUV for the money. Best deal out there!"

"Jeep has really improved itself. I was not a Chrysler guy before but this Patriot has sold me. My wife bought a 200 convertible and it is excellent too. Very good quality from both cars. Jeep gets a constant 25mpg and most all my driving has been in town. Three and a half years and 25k miles and not one problem!"

fix windshield

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "much more comfortable than a car"

Cons: "windshield is too shallow"

"Very comfortable ride. Reliable and easy to use. 4wd is a snap. Like radio controls on steering wheel although it's easy to change stations by accident when taking a corner. Only real complaint is windshield. It doesn't go up high enough to see traffic signals. I'm always leaning forward in an awkward manner to see when light turns green."

Jeep Patriot (our family vehicle)

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "5* crash, 4x4 for winter, off road for hunting."

"I purchased the 2009 Jeep Patriot because it had a 4 wheel drive option and 5* crash test rating, when my wife was pregnant. Picking the medium size also was good for fuel economy. I take it hunting and use the off road / 4x4 then and my wife uses it in the winter with our kids (5) and (2)."

I love it

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun jeep,Great on gas, we do a lot of traveling"

"Everything I wanted at a great price.I have been driving this jeep for 3 years now."

Constant problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"I leased this car when it came out in 2008 and ended up buying in 2011. Ever since I bought this car, it has been in the shop every other month with problems. The most frequent problem I have is that the shift gets stuck in park. No matter how hard I press my foot on the brake I can't go into reverse or drive. The dealer claims to fix it as a problem w/ the sensor only for it to happen again a few weeks later. Also, it has failed to start sometimes, my dealership claiming it needed "computer updates". On top of this, I had problems with the driver door falling out of place and having to crawl out of the passenger side until they could fix this door. The only positives are good gas mileage and I'm able to get around in the winter time."

Great car!

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "great in snow, roomy, 30mpg, comfortable. reliable"

Cons: "no compass, exterior temp, mileage indicator"

"Great car!"

Capable 4 wheel drive vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pros: "Good price, great traction and capability"

Cons: "Not the most refined SUV."

"I have the 4 wheel drive Sport model. The winter of 09-10 was one of the worst on record, I felt safer having my 2 teenage daughters driving this vehicle. It's not real refined and the mileage/size of gas tank aren't the greatest. But I would buy another one. I got a great deal on this with Cash for Clunkers and Chryslers incentives. Would do it again in a heartbeat."