2010 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

LOVE MY JEEP!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "great price, good quality for the money"

Cons: "NOTHING!!"

"There's only one negative and it's extremely small and minute- I drive a manual so I'm constantly shifting gears and have my forearm resting on the center counsel because of it. There is a 'lip' on the side of the driver's seat that pushes into my arm. Small and extremely minor but on a 8+ hr drive (Which I do a couple of times a year), it gets pretty annoying. Now onto the positives- EVERYTHING! My husband and I bought the strip model because we got a deal through the dealer. We have three dogs that the Patriot would have to tote around so we really didn't want to put any kind of 'money' into a car that would get trampled on by the very large dogs that we have. The seats fold down flush with the trunk space so it's a really big plus factor for dog toting people. I would not suggest this car for someone that plans on having both cars AND kids being toted around in at the same time. Yes the trunk area is large for this type of SUV BUT the vehicle is just not big enough for luggage, kids, and pets all at the same time. The handling is excellent. The stock tires are not good quality though. They were great for about the first 30K miles but once the tread started to get a little low, it went down hill. I now skid all over the place if there is a single snow flake / rain drop on the ground. My suggestion is get better quality tires when you hit 30K miles in order to avoid this issue. The engine is quiet and runs very smooth. It only took about 15K miles to fully break in the transmission (again, I drive a manual) so that's not too bad. All in all, I highly recommend the Jeep Patriot"

One of the best vehicles I've owned

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "sporty, great handling, and great gas mileage"

Cons: "needs a little more room in the back for luggage"

"My wife and I bought our patriot new in 2011 and had nothing but good things from it. we have been on several road trips, to the mountains and the beach and not a single problem so far it now has 18450 miles on it and other than rountine oil changes and putting gas in it no other issues at this time. great gas mileage almost 29mpg on the highway loaded with all our luggage."

Stop hating! This is a practical car for the $

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "great price, off road capable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "slightly underpowered"

"I recently purchased a 2012 Jeep Patriot "Upgraded" Sport 4x4. I am a teacher who wanted something that is fuel efficient, but also off road capable. After driving this car for a week, I really enjoy it. Sure, it doesn't have the power of the larger (significantly more expensive models), but it gets up and goes just fine for me. The engine is a bit noisy in the lower gears but once you're up to speed it's not noticeable. I also really enjoy the "Auto-Stick" feature and can forsee it being helpful in tougher weather. I really like the exterior of this vehicle. I was told it was designed to look like the old Cherokees and it does. To me, it looks MUCH more rugged than the Ford Escape, Honda CRV etc... The interior is basic, but clean. Myself, and others who have ridden in it, actually prefer it over that of the Wrangler. My uncle rented a Rubicon on a business trip and was really dissatisfied with the interior and overall space. The storage space is also great! The trunk is large, and the back seat folds down to provide even more room. The sound system sounds really nice, and the controls for everything are simple to operate. I've seen several reviews really knock the Patriot's off road ablities. I own a cabin in Vermont that is only accesible by an uphill off road trail in the woods. In four wheel drive, the Jeep was able to go over rocks, and through mud and water with relative ease. The power lacked a tad, but it didn't stop me. Overall, this is a really great car for the money. It all comes down to what you want to spend, and being a first time teacher out of college, this Jeep is perfect for me."

The 5 Speed 4x4 is sweet

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "price, mileage, snow, handles at speed"

Cons: "interior, engine control"

"With a manual transmission (or shifting) a driver can get what there is out of the throttle program. With a little ramp up the little box just flys :) The stability electronic work right up to edge of control. Low end fit and finish is the price I gladly paid for a pretty versatile vehicle that loves snow!"

Great Crossover for the price

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great on Gas, Great in Snow"

Cons: "Manual transmission whines"

"I was looking for a small SUV that was inexpensive, good on gas, good in the snow, had a lot of storage space and is reliable. I got exactly what I was looking for. This truck is great, very reliable, I've put 25,000 miles on it in 5 months, it is everything I need and more. For having 120,000 miles this car is immaculate and runs like new. It's good for towing small items and great in the snow too! If your looking for an inexpensive SUV that is great on gas, I suggest you check out the Patriot."