• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Jeep Patriot

8.3

Based on 387 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Very Reliabe Vehicle. Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. Easy to Drive Handles Great."

Cons: "It does not have Power Windows or Doors."

"I love my Jeep Patriot. It has a Split Shift Transmission which makes it cheaper on Gas. Even though it is very cheap on Gas anyway. I had never took my Jeep any father than a 160 mile Round Trip. I left out of here back in October 2013 and went to Florida in it. I never had a problem with it. It took me on average $50.00 in Gas There and Back. I would recommend any type of Jeep to anyone. I love A JEEP."

Terrible warranty, terrible engineering...

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, good on gas"

Cons: "Eats tires, front end needs work 24/7."

"I purchased this Jeep brand new in 2008, I drove it from Northern NY to Colorado and back three months after I purchased it, and drove it for one year back and forth to work 52 miles each way, five days a week. Otherwise it was only driven approximately 2 miles a day during the week and occasional local trips within 50 miles on weekends. I have faithfully had the oil changed, and had it serviced when necessary. The CONS: I have had to purchase a set of tires a year, had the front end replaced entirely, and have had three sets of balljoints put on the front end since I purchased it. I've also had a tie rod, and some sort of stabilizer arm replaced also. This thing eats tires like Cookie Monster eats macaroons. I have them rotated as recommended by the manufacturer, and finally put a different size on, as recommended by my local tire place, and those tires lasted me two years. At almost $200 a tire, it makes for a steep expense yearly. The tires always wear in the inside, specifically on the front tires, but since I have them rotated regularly, I have to replace all four. The stereo will NOT work in subzero temperatures, and never has since the first winter I owned it. If the mercury drops below -10, the weather has to warm up at least 10 degrees before the stereo will work, even if you leave it on the night before. Just a quirk for me, but a VERY annoying one. I will NEVER purchase a Jeep product again. The front end replacement came out of my pocket, despite the fact that it was within 16 months of purchasing the vehicle, as the manufacturer insisted there was no factory defect. I have more than $8000 in this car, after purchase price in parts, labor, and that doesn't include that someone side swiped me and I had to replace the mirror. The PROS: It's GREAT on gas, I averaged upwards of 34 miles a gallon while traveling across country. It's still great on gas today. I can fill it once a month and drive it around town daily and not have to worry about filling it again til the following month, but I usually top it off whenever it gets to 3/4 of a tank. It's comfortable to ride in. I have degenerative disk disease and three ruptured disks, and I have to admit, this is one vehicle that I can ride in the front or back seats without having to get out and walk around to loosen up my back. It heats up fast in winter. I live in an area where it's usually subzero temps from mid December until March, and I never have to worry about a cold car. It has NEVER not started for me. I've replaced the battery once. Other than the front end, and eating tires this vehicle is great."

Transmission went out at 1,437 miles

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Good gas milage (what little I got to drive it)"

Cons: "Transmission issues"

"I bought this vehicle in March 2014. At 1,437, smoke poured from under the vehicle. Pulled over and trans fluid was all over the vehicle. Had it towed to the dealer. So far the shop has replace the gasket in the transmission, the transmission pump, and now they have had to order the Power Transfer Unit. Vehicle has been in the shop for 22 days straight now. Va Lemon Law become effective at 30 calendar days. It will be interesting to see how Jeep/Chrysler handles this."

Great purchase

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Decent price, easy to drive, easy to keep clean"

Cons: "Might want it to get better mileage"

"This vehicle backs very well. Has a great turning radius. Sits well, plenty of room on the back for the product I need for me job. A/C works fine, sound is decent. LOVE the Bluetooth. I have not tried the 4x4, but I have had Jeeps before, and I know that it will be great."

Could have been better

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"I have a few concens about the 2013 Jeep Patriot. From day one the brakes have squeeked. Have had trouble with all four Windows."