2010 Jeep Patriot

8.3

Based on 398 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great value, great "city" Jeep

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Value, style, 4WD system"

Cons: "Fuel economy and cruising range. Resale value."

"When my XJ finally died, I was in a fix. I hated all the "euro" creased crossovers that have flooded the market and wanted a real looking Jeep. But the Wrangler was too impractical for me and the GC was a little more than I wanted to spend since I drive 7,000 miles a year. So the Pat was perfect. Yes, it is heavy on the plastic inside. It cost like 18k so I don't know what people expect. Handles well enough, good in bad weather and snow. Fuel economy is so-so, and it is exacerbated by the small fuel tank. It wouldn't seem so bad if I had 20 gallons of fuel at a time. As such @ 13 gallons, you can't get even get 300 miles to a tank."

Avoid

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "great traction, fun in the snow"

Cons: "reliability, interior, trunk smaller than car"

"Not total junk but: Interior layout very inconvenient if you have anything more than a drink to stow while driving. My mp3 player sits on the passenger seat while I drive. Hard to see from inside, lots of blind spots. Drive is bumpy, ok, i get it, it is a jeep, but this jeep is low on power considering the gas usage (19 in the city) and too low ground clearance to really off road. I have two kids, one in a car seat, which requires the front passenger put their seat forward so it will fit behind them. The trunk is very small. This thing is unstoppable in snow, which is awesome and primarily why I bought it. The interior is just too small. there are other small AWD and 4X4 SUV's with more usable space inside. I have a sport edition 2010 with 2.4 liter engine and automatic transmission. Suspension parts replaced once under manufacturer warranty, once under aftermarket warranty. Recently with 40k miles, throttle assembly failed and literally left me broke down by the side of the road. a 3.5 year old car with 40k mileage. Again, aftermarket warranty fixed it, i just paid my $100 deductable. All I do is drive to and from work. all paved roads. you get what you pay for. these are cheaper to buy, sort of, but expensive to maintain. next vehicle won't be made by the GM, Chryler collapsing business model. Sorry. I have small kids. getting stranded at night is ridiculous in a normal mileage car."

very pleased with this jeep

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"very good 4wd - great gas mileage @ 22.5 (summer gas()city. BEST hvac system in any vehicle ever owned (30+). comfortable seating. nice ergonomics interior. no repairs. needs opening tailgate glass and re-positioned 4wd lever"

Wonderful Jeep

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Reason: time for upgrade

Pros: "It works! Reliable, good MPG"

Cons: "Seat quality, heavy plastic use in interior"

"I owned a 2007 Jeep Patriot, Had the tie rods and one wheel barring changed at 80,000 miles, other than than that never had a problem, handle well seemed to get better MPG in town than on the highway, roomy for tall people, only interior complaint was the center armrest, and the seat padding wore out quickly, then again how many people put 119,000 miles on a vehicle in 3 years!"

Most reliable car owned, great control with 5-spd

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, > 30 MPG, low maint!"

Cons: "Stiff ride"

"Reliable, economical (>30 mpg highway), great handling, convenient hauler due to box like interior, just great basic Jeep. I have UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY from Chrysler but never had a problem with Trans/Engine. I am purchasing 2014 Patriot, testimony to my description."

Great car!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Cargo space, basic ammenities come standard"

Cons: "Rough ride, but anyone with an SUV should expect"

"I purchased this car new in 2008 and loved every minute of it. Only had a few small problems, notably with the wheel bearings around 50k miles. It's not a smooth ride like you get with most sedans, but I expected that coming from a Wrangler. Patriot still has the traditional Jeep styling. Seats are very easy to fold down to haul things. I could fit my 8' kayak inside the Patriot (how many small SUV's can say that?!) The Patriot comes standard with the basic features I need, A/C, power windows/lock, remote entry. The best feature is the outlet on the center console to plug in electronics without the car adapter. Using the "slap-stick" really hepls save gas and the stabilty control kept me out of the ditches of NW Ohio in the winter snow & ice. If you want a durable vehicle with basic conveniences for a great price, this is the car for you!"

30,000 miles & one small shop visit

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great snow small SUV, room for 4 and 2 dogs"

Cons: "Not much wish I had leather seats & ipod dock"

"I have had one small problem with a rubber bushing in the back left, tires needed to be replaced at 28,000. Just using the FWD not engaging the 4WD is enough for 90% of snow driving. Good fuel avg 23 MPG. Drove 3000 miles in one trip last year avg 25 MPG with a loaded Jeep."

Much Better Vehicle Than I thought It Would Be

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Great CUV for the money. Best deal out there!"

"Jeep has really improved itself. I was not a Chrysler guy before but this Patriot has sold me. My wife bought a 200 convertible and it is excellent too. Very good quality from both cars. Jeep gets a constant 25mpg and most all my driving has been in town. Three and a half years and 25k miles and not one problem!"

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Most value for your money!"

Cons: "None I have found in 5 years!"

"Low maintenance cost, sensitive steering (no wandering), dependable, comfortable and smooth ride - not jerky, interior devices within easy reach of driver. I am spoiled to the CVT transmission with NO jerks at gear changes because it does not change gears...it's belts. This is the most value I've ever had from a vehicle!"

great in the snow dosnt get stuck runs great

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "verry nice and reliable"

Cons: "too many buttons on the stering wheel"

"great in the snow very powerfull dosnt get stuck always starts up runs great and handels just as well its worth every penny you wont be dissapointed"

I would buy another one.

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good cargo & leg rm."

Cons: "moon roof noisy when open"

"The problems I have had with vehicle have been operator errors or just wear and tear, new brakes, new battery, new tires. As it reaches its 100,000 mark, it will be needing new shocks. It has been very comfortable to drive and ride in. Good space for cargo, long legged individuals and good head room. Easy to park. The 4WD has gotten me home under some really nasty conditions. I live on a hill and logging roads, no pavement. My tall husband liked mine well enough to buy a newer one when his Toyota finally died at 260K miles. It would be nice if it got better milage but 25mpg combined milage is ok."

love my 2008 Patriot

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "can be difficult reaching into back from front sea"

"Runs nice, roomy, great for road trips."

Stay away!!! Buyer Beware!!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice, enough space to cart my kids"

Cons: "Loud, sluggish and cheaply made."

"I do not see how the average is 8/10. I have spoken to a few Pat owners and like me, they have had nothing but issues with their Jeep. I have had sooo many problems while under warranty and the dealer could not diagnose problem- at 8000 miles my axles went. Chrysler dealer had to get corporate involved and open a "star case", this went on for awhile and I had to drive it while worrying what it was. This was fixed at aprox. 18,000-19,000 miles! I had to have a fuel tank replaced. I had to replace a strut and control arm, I had to replace all four tires because of it, I also had the power steering pump replaced, plus the idler pulley. Now, it's my sway bar links... Caused by the axles again, that now I have to pay part of the cost because dealer won't fully acknowledge. I really do not have much positive things to say, other than it is a nice dark grey color. It is cheaply made and I so wish I did not listen to a family member and wish I listen to my husband and spent the extra monthly payment to get the honda. I bet I would not be going through this. Beware people, I won't be buying anything made by Chrysler again. What a hassle and stressful way to buy a NEW vehicle. I will probably be spending so much money just so it will last the life of the loan. I don't think it's a reliable vehicle- LEMON."

Unhappy with my Vehicle Choice

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "4 wheel drive, looks sleek"

Cons: "too many problems, expensive to fix"

"I purchased my Jeep Patriot in November 2012. The car had one previous owner and had about 67,000 when I got it. I had reviewed the report on the car, prior to purchasing it. The previous owner had kept up on recommended maintenance, and there had been no major issues with it. About three months after purchasing the Patriot, I began noticing a horrible knocking, rattling noise that would occur on the front end ever time I hit a slight bump. I figured the suspension may be bad, which is an unfortunate problem, but is normal wear and tear. Long story short, it's been a little over a year since I got the Patriot and I have put about five thousand into it. I regret ever having purchase it. I had the suspension replaced at about 70,000 miles. I also had a wheel bearing replaced and alignment done at 71,000. I had a CV axle and drive shaft replaced at 73,000. These are all unpleasant repairs. And, yeah, they may be considered "normal wear and tear," but extremely expensive and painful nonetheless. Besides the "normal wear and tear" repairs, my transmission failed at about 74,000. Luckily, I had purchased a power train warrantee from the dealership, which covered all but $100 of the cost to replace the transmission. Otherwise, I would have had to figure out how to come up with around $3,500. Around the same time the transmission went out, the alternator went out. That was a $700 fix which was not covered under warrantee. After having the suspension, a drive shaft, a wheel baring, a CV axle, and an engine shield replaced, the Patriot is still making a horrible scraping, clunking noise every single time I hit a bump. I have put so much money into this vehicle. I have had more problems with it than any other car I have ever owned. I would have sold it long ago, but unfortunately, I owe about $3,000 more on it than it is even worth. So I am pretty much stuck with the thing for a while. I wish I would never have purchased this Jeep Patriot. I greatly regret ever having gotten it."

fix windshield

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "much more comfortable than a car"

Cons: "windshield is too shallow"

"Very comfortable ride. Reliable and easy to use. 4wd is a snap. Like radio controls on steering wheel although it's easy to change stations by accident when taking a corner. Only real complaint is windshield. It doesn't go up high enough to see traffic signals. I'm always leaning forward in an awkward manner to see when light turns green."

Love My Jeep, Still, Disappointments.

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "Style, safety features, options, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Gas mileage 17-22. (Rated 22-28)"

"Not my 1st Jeep. I chose the LattitudeX, because of style, features, reviews, and I thought good mpg. Drives great, handles as expected and very comfortable for the most part. So far, mountains, rivers banks, washes and sands have been no challenge. The Patriot has impressive safety features that give me peace of mind. The style, inside and out is attractive. The ride is smooth, and powerful enough when needed. All of that being said, there are some disappointments. The biggest is the gas mileage. I never expected the in town, and short ride mileage to be so low. The average is 17mpg. I got better than that from my 6 cyl Cherokee Sport. Now if you want to go so easy and slow you could be arrested, you can get 20. Open road and interstate, the average is 22. (I did not buy the Trail Rated because the top mileage was around 23). I was expecting 20 city and 25-26 highway and maybe better. I drive speed limits and avoid quick starts. I live in an area of SE Alabama, so mostly minor hills. I have considered trading or selling just because of the very poor mileage. Stock Infinities. major gas stations. If the gas mileage was just 3 more mpg, I would be ecstatic! I thought after a few K the mileage would increase, but did not. I am very disappointed with mpg. The fact I love everything else about my Jeep, is the only reason I keep it. Sad. Style wise, the seat is ok, has lumbar handle to adjust, but the head rest is back too far in my opinion. The trim of the center console sides should be padded. It can be uncomfortable on the right knee after a while. Need to make the duel DC receptacle standard on all Jeep products! The AC inverter is nice. The plastic skirt around the base of the driver seat chipped around the left side where the power seat handle is located. That was a surprise. The moon roof allowed water to seep in the roof and fill the roof overhead lamp. They had to remove the liner and fix. Had a sensor go out that caused the Jeep to lose power and stall. All of this in the 1st year. The last 10k has been normal except for a safety belt recall. If you like the style, comfort features, safety features, good ride, and dependable transportation, you will enjoy the Patriot Lattitude. It is a pleasure to drive.If gas milage had been what the specs claim, I would have rated everything 10."

LOVE MY JEEP!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "great price, good quality for the money"

Cons: "NOTHING!!"

"There's only one negative and it's extremely small and minute- I drive a manual so I'm constantly shifting gears and have my forearm resting on the center counsel because of it. There is a 'lip' on the side of the driver's seat that pushes into my arm. Small and extremely minor but on a 8+ hr drive (Which I do a couple of times a year), it gets pretty annoying. Now onto the positives- EVERYTHING! My husband and I bought the strip model because we got a deal through the dealer. We have three dogs that the Patriot would have to tote around so we really didn't want to put any kind of 'money' into a car that would get trampled on by the very large dogs that we have. The seats fold down flush with the trunk space so it's a really big plus factor for dog toting people. I would not suggest this car for someone that plans on having both cars AND kids being toted around in at the same time. Yes the trunk area is large for this type of SUV BUT the vehicle is just not big enough for luggage, kids, and pets all at the same time. The handling is excellent. The stock tires are not good quality though. They were great for about the first 30K miles but once the tread started to get a little low, it went down hill. I now skid all over the place if there is a single snow flake / rain drop on the ground. My suggestion is get better quality tires when you hit 30K miles in order to avoid this issue. The engine is quiet and runs very smooth. It only took about 15K miles to fully break in the transmission (again, I drive a manual) so that's not too bad. All in all, I highly recommend the Jeep Patriot"

Jeep Patriot (our family vehicle)

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "5* crash, 4x4 for winter, off road for hunting."

"I purchased the 2009 Jeep Patriot because it had a 4 wheel drive option and 5* crash test rating, when my wife was pregnant. Picking the medium size also was good for fuel economy. I take it hunting and use the off road / 4x4 then and my wife uses it in the winter with our kids (5) and (2)."

Best Vehicle on the Road!!!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, rides well, mileage, spacious, snow"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I recomend this vehicle to anyone. From the frugal commuter who needs decent mileage while having off-road capabilities, to the family with a dog and two kids to the single guy wanting a fully loaded model to impress chicks without the high gas / sticker price / insurance cost of a Grand Cherokee ( this was me!) Buy it and enjoy on a long road trip, daily commute, in the mountains or a trip to the mall and enjoy!"

Good value- great vehicle

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Value for the money & fun to drive"

Cons: "towing capacit is 1,000 lbs"

"I've owned this vehicle for 2 yrs and love it. It is fun to drive and has plenty of power to tow my 14 ft Lund fishing boat with 20 hp outboard. I avg 25 mpg while driving it. The vehicle looks sporty and is fun to take camping & tailgating. This Jeep is reliable and the dealer (svc mgr) always ask about it when I bring it in for an oil change. Since Jeep will stop making the Patriot in 2014 - my next Jeep will be the Cherokee."

Piece of GARBAGE!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "0"

Cons: "everything........."

"horrible gas mileage, rides like 4wd jeep--bad & noisy. Other than that--all good! O yea, Complete transmission replaced @ 28k miles.............."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling on ice, in snow, on slick roads"

Cons: "Some maintenance issues"

"I've been driving my '07 Patriot for almost 6 years and have logged about 97000 miles, both city and highway. My highway mpg is usually 27-30 but I've done as well as 32mpg on some road trips. The handling is exceptional - I've never driven a better vehicle in slippery or sub-par conditions - the car handles like it it stuck to the road, no tipping or rocking as I've seen mentioned, and no slipping or sliding, not to mention I can drive through pretty much anything (and my model is not trail-rated). As far as complaints I've read about the interior - well, if you are looking for a luxury car, why did you get a Patriot? This car is built for function, families, dogs, and hauling stuff. I can fit several pairs of cross-country skis inside the vehicle, or several dogs, or a dog kennel, or a bicycle, you name it. The only reason I didn't give it straight 10's across the board is because there have been some maintenance issues over the years that have had to be addressed. But because of the handling and safety, I would absolutely recommend this vehicle to anyone."

affordable

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "MPGs, leg room, cost"

Cons: "Sounds like a toy car"

"I wanted something with great MPG's and 4x4. I found it. There is room for groceries and leg room for the back passengers. We are a Jeep family and I am so glad I got this one. I bought this new over a year ago and my hubby wants me to trade it in for a Wrangler but there is no way. I love my Patriot."

Great Value & Reliability

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Great Value and reliability"

Cons: "Could be a bit larger and quieter, for my tastes."

"Have owned many cars, but this is the most reliable I've ever had. In 92K miles, I have replaced a set of tires, spark plugs, air cleaner and battery. Other than these routine items, the only thing I've replaced has been two tail light bulbs. Of course, being an inexpensive and utilitarian vehicle, there are some compromises, but the value is outstanding. It doesn't show any signs of wear!"

nice little tank

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Cons: "the seats could be more comfortable"

"completely surprised by the capabilities. Found ourselves in an area that I probably shouldn't have been with it. 18" of loose, wet sand full of rocks....really should have not been there. Walked right through it....really nice job. I love it"