2010 Jeep Patriot

8.3

Based on 398 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Good Value In A Small SUV

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Price, value, 4WD, visibility"

Cons: "milage is lower than expected, noisy at times."

"Its a Jeep. That has value alone (I've had other models). This rides nice, a bit hard at times and can be louder than desired but overall ride pretty nice. A big improvement over the earlier models. Great visibility, best designed side mirrors I've ever had. Handles snow like champ including my frequent trips to the mountains in NH all winter (2miles up hip to my home there)."

Love JEEP Brand !!!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "roomy & fun to drive"

Cons: "mileage could be alittle better"

"I've had JEEPs now for 20 yrs & I don't think I could drive anything else because of their reliability."

My first SUV

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, quiet, stable, Roomy for big persons"

Cons: "Steering wheel takes a little getting used to."

"I love this Jeep. I wish I had purchased one sooner. Even though, I have FWD, I am navigating thru Minnesota snow and ice with ease. I feel safe and stable. And, I'm getting better gas mileage (avg. 24 city/hwy)than my car. I don't off-road, I'm a city dweller, but this vehicle is great for "off roading" mounds of snow, and rugged enough city streets. It's a quiet ride too. No wind draft or whistling on the highway. My only con is that the steering wheel isn't telescopic. I suffer from a little carpal tunnel, so I find myself constantly adjusting to get the fit just right. I'm going to trade this in a few years, but stay with the Jeep brand for sure."

Great introduction to the Jeep brand!!

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Jeep DNA all throughout, great intro to the brand"

Cons: "Spartan interior, mileage could be better"

2015 Jeep Patriot North Edition 4x4

"When it was time to retire our old vehicle, my wife and I looked around for something that would accommodate our family of four. Driving around in Downtown Toronto, we noticed a LOT of people driving around in Jeep Patriots. It certainly piqued my interest so I did a bit of research on the Internet. Knowing that it's pretty close to the end of its production cycle, I was thinking that all the kinks would have been worked out by now. We placed an order for a 2015 North Edition 4x4 and received it in 4 weeks, a couple of weeks earlier than anticipated. With winter just around the corner, I had the dealer install snow tires on steel rims. It's just been fantastic. It feels really solid, and IMHO great value for money. Certainly, it's a matter of preference. If you are looking for a driving experience with a lot of gadgetry, look elsewhere. If you're looking for plush interiors, perhaps you can consider the other Jeep models (the Patriot is rather spartan). However, if you are looking for something fun without all the distractions, relatively economical but still has traditional Jeep DNA, the Patriot is the way to go. A majority of owners seem to love their Jeep Patriots. I now consider myself one of them! My next vehicle will also be a Jeep!"

2015 Jeep Patriot North Edition 4x4

Bought 2015 patriot after owning the 2012

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Price and dependability -has traditional jeep look"

Cons: "On the smaller side"

"I just bought my second Jeep patriot (2015). I had a 2012 and was able to trade it in with a little over 53,000 for about the same payment. I put a lot of miles on my vehicles due to work and I really liked my 2012 Patriot. I looked at getting the new Cherokee but it's just not a jeep in my book. When I learned that the Patriots days are soon to be numbered, I just decided to go with another one since it's the last Jeep that has the semi-traditional Jeep look. The rest of their line now looks generic and like every other vehicle sold by car companies. Would love to see them bring back the old Cherokee look but I think it's gone for good."

Great little truck

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"Bought this little truck used with 7k miles in 2012 for $ 13000 two years later the trade in value is still at $10 647 and I only owe $7700 so I did ok at least I'm not upside down and it's holding it's value. It's a great truck (light truck) if you don't need speed or to much power I don't tow with it but in the 2 years I own it never gave me a problem. Thinking of getting rid of it for the liberty--- or I might keep it and pay it off. 26 MPG kinda noisy inside but all around a great little truck"

My first new car

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "great price gas mileage"

"Bought my Patriot in April 2014 and i love it! There have been lots of negative reviews from car magazines but i have nothing but love for my little SUV. Gas mileage is great and it has a very quiet ride when cruising on the highway. My Patriot will be around for many years to come!!"

Good little Jeep

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "MPG, looks like a Jeep, low tech"

Cons: "Cons on mine are available options on higher model"

"Own the bare bones, no frills base model. Manual Tranny, manual windows, manual locks. Great low tech vehicle. 30+ mpg, no problems yet. Surprising amount of interior space. Nice leg room"

The TIMEX of SUVs - Takes a lickin-keeps on tickin

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Great value. Simple to maintain. Always reliable."

Cons: "A tad noisey. Not as nimble or quick as a BMW."

"This is the TIMEX of Compact SUVs - It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. I have the 70th Anniversary Edition Version, so it has nicer trim - leather, floor mats, sound system, etc. At its core, however, it is a simple no-nonsense vehicle. The instruments and controls are simple, intuitive and all easy to access and operate. The seats are a bit thin on padding but not uncomfortable. Front and back seating are just fine for four. I compared this to a newer Ford Edge which seemed nicer, but was more cramped, but had a much busier, more confusing dash. And a much higher sticker. This proved to be reliable (bullet-proof!) transportation through the harshest Michigan winter in my 42 years of driving here. Would I prefer a BMW X1 or an Audi if I could afford one? Sure. Is this Jeep an incredible value for the money, and a vehicle I can count on anytime under any condition? Absolutely!!"

Great buy for my first New car ever!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Decent gas mileage, nice options, good 4wd"

Cons: "Key built into remote, Gauges could be improved."

"Jeep made an SUV affordable and with decent quality. Has every available needed options and is simple. Power windows, power locks and A/C. The only thing I would request if I could would be to make the keyless entry remote separate from the key and the Temp gauge separate from the mileage so you can see both at once. Otherwise this Jeep is spot on for a Great quality Low priced 4wd SUV"

Great vehicle for driving around town

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, great interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "No get up and go, no grab-bars."

"This vehicle has an awful transmission. The CVT sounds like it is screaming in pain when going up steep grades. Maintining the speed limit for long distance uphill driving is not possible. I must rent a car to go out of town. Only about 22 mpg; not so good for a 4 cylinder."

DO NOT BUY ANY YEAR PATRIOT WITH CVT TRANSMISSION!

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliability issues completely overshadow any Pros"

Cons: "Transmission is total junk and unsafe"

"I am the original owner of this vehicle. Yes it has 140k miles on it, but I was just told that I would have to have the transmission replaced for the 3RD TIME. Previous 2 replacements were under warranty, but replaced with 'rebuilt' transmissions w/ only 12-yr 12k mile warranty. Now Chrysler Jeep says they won't replace it because the defect is on an "external" part of the transmission without fluids. Was on freeway, trans temp light came on, and suddenly without warning computer took control of the car and abruptly slowed the car down to 40 MPH WITH TRAFFIC BEARING DOWN AT 70 - 80 MPH! This is a terribly unsafe 'safety' feature. Second opinion from transmission joint: "They shouldn't be selling these cars with these transmissions and they know it but continue to sell them anyways." Quoted $5k to replace transmission from 2nd party, $9k from the dealership. Car is only worth $3k. Will never buy anything from Chrysler again."

My first "new" car and I love it!

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great in the snow,good gas mileage,easy to park"

Cons: "None yet"

"I bought my Jeep in October of last year with about 45,000 miles on it. It was owned by a guy who actually worked at the dealership. So it was very well maintained. It does have that split transmission use, but I have no clue how to use that. Last winter here in CT was HORRENDOUS with over 3 ft of snow for a few weeks. This Jeep barreled right through it. I get decent gas mileage, about 22 miles per gallon. It only costs about $50 to fill (when it is close to $4 a gallon) which is decent. So far it has been reliable, great on gas and I love how comfortable it is. I even drop the seats in the back to take my 2 dogs with me wherever I go, they love it too :)"

2013 Patriot

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "4wd full time, easy to clean inside and out."

Cons: "a bit noisy with road noise at highway speeds"

"11k on my Patriot. Find it to be exceptional. Good looking, all arounder. Have FD 1 and it has kept me going in the winter. I am sure there are better vehicles out there, but this is American made and doesn't break the bank"

great car

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Cons: "side mirrors are too big"

"great in the winter"

let it snow, let it snow

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "2nd week I owned it -16 and fired right up"

Cons: "wish it did not have carpet so I could hose it out"

colorado spings winter wounder land

"I have owned thus 2014 Jeep Patriot for 6 months and it is no nonsense SUV that will take me wherever I want to go; moreover, It truly is an all-purpose vehicle without all of the bells and whistles. Last week I drove it non stop for 800 miles each way and it was comfortable and got about 27 miles per gal. It is in the top 3 of the least expensive autos to insure."

colorado spings winter wounder land

Very Reliabe Vehicle. Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. Easy to Drive Handles Great."

Cons: "It does not have Power Windows or Doors."

"I love my Jeep Patriot. It has a Split Shift Transmission which makes it cheaper on Gas. Even though it is very cheap on Gas anyway. I had never took my Jeep any father than a 160 mile Round Trip. I left out of here back in October 2013 and went to Florida in it. I never had a problem with it. It took me on average $50.00 in Gas There and Back. I would recommend any type of Jeep to anyone. I love A JEEP."

Terrible warranty, terrible engineering...

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, good on gas"

Cons: "Eats tires, front end needs work 24/7."

"I purchased this Jeep brand new in 2008, I drove it from Northern NY to Colorado and back three months after I purchased it, and drove it for one year back and forth to work 52 miles each way, five days a week. Otherwise it was only driven approximately 2 miles a day during the week and occasional local trips within 50 miles on weekends. I have faithfully had the oil changed, and had it serviced when necessary. The CONS: I have had to purchase a set of tires a year, had the front end replaced entirely, and have had three sets of balljoints put on the front end since I purchased it. I've also had a tie rod, and some sort of stabilizer arm replaced also. This thing eats tires like Cookie Monster eats macaroons. I have them rotated as recommended by the manufacturer, and finally put a different size on, as recommended by my local tire place, and those tires lasted me two years. At almost $200 a tire, it makes for a steep expense yearly. The tires always wear in the inside, specifically on the front tires, but since I have them rotated regularly, I have to replace all four. The stereo will NOT work in subzero temperatures, and never has since the first winter I owned it. If the mercury drops below -10, the weather has to warm up at least 10 degrees before the stereo will work, even if you leave it on the night before. Just a quirk for me, but a VERY annoying one. I will NEVER purchase a Jeep product again. The front end replacement came out of my pocket, despite the fact that it was within 16 months of purchasing the vehicle, as the manufacturer insisted there was no factory defect. I have more than $8000 in this car, after purchase price in parts, labor, and that doesn't include that someone side swiped me and I had to replace the mirror. The PROS: It's GREAT on gas, I averaged upwards of 34 miles a gallon while traveling across country. It's still great on gas today. I can fill it once a month and drive it around town daily and not have to worry about filling it again til the following month, but I usually top it off whenever it gets to 3/4 of a tank. It's comfortable to ride in. I have degenerative disk disease and three ruptured disks, and I have to admit, this is one vehicle that I can ride in the front or back seats without having to get out and walk around to loosen up my back. It heats up fast in winter. I live in an area where it's usually subzero temps from mid December until March, and I never have to worry about a cold car. It has NEVER not started for me. I've replaced the battery once. Other than the front end, and eating tires this vehicle is great."

Transmission went out at 1,437 miles

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Good gas milage (what little I got to drive it)"

Cons: "Transmission issues"

"I bought this vehicle in March 2014. At 1,437, smoke poured from under the vehicle. Pulled over and trans fluid was all over the vehicle. Had it towed to the dealer. So far the shop has replace the gasket in the transmission, the transmission pump, and now they have had to order the Power Transfer Unit. Vehicle has been in the shop for 22 days straight now. Va Lemon Law become effective at 30 calendar days. It will be interesting to see how Jeep/Chrysler handles this."

Great purchase

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Decent price, easy to drive, easy to keep clean"

Cons: "Might want it to get better mileage"

"This vehicle backs very well. Has a great turning radius. Sits well, plenty of room on the back for the product I need for me job. A/C works fine, sound is decent. LOVE the Bluetooth. I have not tried the 4x4, but I have had Jeeps before, and I know that it will be great."

Could have been better

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"I have a few concens about the 2013 Jeep Patriot. From day one the brakes have squeeked. Have had trouble with all four Windows."

Verry Happy but its expensive

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "great for winter, spacious interior"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"If you plan on financing a jeep, put some money down. I am happy with this jeep, yes its not the greatest on gas mileage but you have to expect that with a 4WD sometimes. No major repairs yet and approaching 3 years. Great in snow and in rain!! I dont load massive items but the interior is spacious and worth the money."

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"Wasnt in the market for a new car but when i drove the Patriot i fell in love with it! I really dont understand all the bad reviews from the car experts. Plenty of room good driving height for me tons of headroom too. Fold down the back seats and you get 6 feet of space! Cant beat it for the gas mileage either. 21 city and 28 highway for a SUV with lots of space. Ill be driving my Patriot for many many years to come."

Unstable issues on wet freeways or night driving

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Cons: "Something seems wrong with the suspension."

"Have owned a jeep earlier in my life and saved 20 years for another one. Purchased on 11/13 a 2014. 12/13 returned to shop complaining about pulls to the right, rough steering and a sense of drifting on the hwy or on rainy corners. Rotated tires, no good. 2 months later cross rotated tires. So on dry, sunny days it steers a straight line down the hwy/freeway which it did not do before, but on wet days or heat exchanges on the hwy (hot days to cool nights creates air pockets) it bounces all over like it has a suspension issue and frankly is unnerving. I am afraid to drive this jeep long distances or after dark. After awhile of fighting the steering, I am exhausted and at times feel light headed. Keenly upset as this was the car of my dreams and I have really no cash flow to correct the issue - and I paid for all of the jeep upfront. Tearful and stressed."

Nice...

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Practical...easy on gas"

Cons: "Front seat not safe when a baby seat is in..."

"Traded in a 2008 Cadillac CTS - so glad I did! Love the ride better than Cadillac! I bought it new - never had a problem other than squeaky brakes! They did replace a brake arm - supposably. Did not fix the noise...so I keep traveling. When I hit the gas, it pulls to the right - did it during the test ride too...maybe because of the CVS transmission? It does slag power on hard acceleration. Baby seat in the back seat and the passenger in the front with knees are on the dash. I don't think this would be safe if the air bag would deploy. Not comfotable either. Fantasic to use during moving. Particularly if you don't use boxes! Takes me 3 hours to pack in all the space. It does ok for the simple conviences..2 cup holders in front...use the door handle for the cell phone. It works."