2010 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 424 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Stop hating! This is a practical car for the $

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "great price, off road capable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "slightly underpowered"

"I recently purchased a 2012 Jeep Patriot "Upgraded" Sport 4x4. I am a teacher who wanted something that is fuel efficient, but also off road capable. After driving this car for a week, I really enjoy it. Sure, it doesn't have the power of the larger (significantly more expensive models), but it gets up and goes just fine for me. The engine is a bit noisy in the lower gears but once you're up to speed it's not noticeable. I also really enjoy the "Auto-Stick" feature and can forsee it being helpful in tougher weather. I really like the exterior of this vehicle. I was told it was designed to look like the old Cherokees and it does. To me, it looks MUCH more rugged than the Ford Escape, Honda CRV etc... The interior is basic, but clean. Myself, and others who have ridden in it, actually prefer it over that of the Wrangler. My uncle rented a Rubicon on a business trip and was really dissatisfied with the interior and overall space. The storage space is also great! The trunk is large, and the back seat folds down to provide even more room. The sound system sounds really nice, and the controls for everything are simple to operate. I've seen several reviews really knock the Patriot's off road ablities. I own a cabin in Vermont that is only accesible by an uphill off road trail in the woods. In four wheel drive, the Jeep was able to go over rocks, and through mud and water with relative ease. The power lacked a tad, but it didn't stop me. Overall, this is a really great car for the money. It all comes down to what you want to spend, and being a first time teacher out of college, this Jeep is perfect for me."

The 5 Speed 4x4 is sweet

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "price, mileage, snow, handles at speed"

Cons: "interior, engine control"

"With a manual transmission (or shifting) a driver can get what there is out of the throttle program. With a little ramp up the little box just flys :) The stability electronic work right up to edge of control. Low end fit and finish is the price I gladly paid for a pretty versatile vehicle that loves snow!"

Great Crossover for the price

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great on Gas, Great in Snow"

Cons: "Manual transmission whines"

"I was looking for a small SUV that was inexpensive, good on gas, good in the snow, had a lot of storage space and is reliable. I got exactly what I was looking for. This truck is great, very reliable, I've put 25,000 miles on it in 5 months, it is everything I need and more. For having 120,000 miles this car is immaculate and runs like new. It's good for towing small items and great in the snow too! If your looking for an inexpensive SUV that is great on gas, I suggest you check out the Patriot."

I LOVE this vehicle!

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "road handling, comfort, heats/cools quickly, sound"

Cons: "small gas tank"

"It is very comfortable for long drives. I have the sound package with 6 disc mp3. Awesome sound. Great road handling. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. It is my daily driver. Heats up fast, have to turn it down after a few minutes. Heated seats are great. Cools down just as fast too. Great for those 100 degree days even though the vehicle is black. 4WD is nice in the winter time. Front folding passenger seat allows for long objects (lumber). I have only one gripe...the gas tank is too small. For long vacation trips, I have to stop every 200 miles or so...I like doing 4 hours stretches....not that big of a deal."

surprisingly good -

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "good mileage good space inside"

Cons: "a bit boomy on the highway, needs better sound ins"

"17000 in one year. No problems. I'll repeat - no problems. 30 MPG, not the 29 MPG that is posted. 5-speed is better than the CVT auto. We have 2 wheel drive and plan to buy a 2nd Patriot with 4WD. Bit boomy on fwy."