2009 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 437 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

2007 Patriot

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I bought in October 2007, it was the last 2007 Patriot 4WD on the lot, and was marked down to 14,900. It drives great, the seats are comfortable. I am not thrilled with the quality of the materials on the interior, but it is comfortable. I had a difficult time securing stuff to the rack, there is no place to tie or strap down to. We took it camping a couple of times, and will be spending time in the Sierras this year in the snow. I can't think of another 4WD in this class that I would rather have."

Love the Patriot Style

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"I purchased a 2008 Patriot Sport 3 mo. ago - white with black accents, power doors & windows, 17" wheels. The cloth seats are sturdy & I can really haul lots when the front passenger seat folds down. This is my 3rd Jeep & it almost looks like my favorite '92 Cherokee (which now has 98,600 mi. & still runs great). The automatic CVT shifting takes a little getting used to -just let it "do its thing", but it is very peppy on the open road for a 4 cyl. & averages about 23 mpg mostly in town driving. I recently had to drive home in a terrible storm - it never waivered, it never slid or hydroplaned - just kept on going in the major wind & rain. I'm hoping it will do as well on our Indiana hills in winter. The AWD & stability control will keep it on the road going where it's supposed to go. I'm very pleased. Comfort - Wish it had power seats as an option. I bought an extended warranty tacked onto the lifetime powertrain warranty & plan to keep it a very long time. Absolutely no problems in the first 2,000 miles. I think it's a winner for Jeep! I researched the Toyota RAV4 & the Honda CRV, but decided the Jeep was a better value & loved my other Jeeps. My son also bought a new 2007 Patriot Limited which is Trail-rated & he & his wife love theirs, too. As a middle-aged lady, I think it's just the thing for young or old(er)."

Great Jeep

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"I have had my Patriot for 6 months now and I really like it. The gas mileage is pretty good I have the 2.4L sport 2wd and I get about 26 mpg on average. I recently drove it down to FL but for that trip I only averaged about 22mpg but I guess that’s not too bad considering that was with 4 adults and luggage traveling at 70mph. I agree with some of the other reviews a larger gas tank would be better. Overall though this is an excellent vehicle and I would highly recommend it to anyone."

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"This vehicle is great to own, averaged 29.5 mpg driving on a 2000 mile trip on the highway and through mountains. 1 problem however is the tiny gas tank, only has 13 gallon tank, which was the same as my Honda Civic. Only other issue is for the manual version, what is the point of the "ipod/mp3" holder on the center armrest if you have to change gears, it is essentially a wasted function on all of the manuals. Other than that this vehicle has definitely been great and I would recommend it for anyone wanting a small to mid size SUV."

LOVE it

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"this has been the best vehicle ever!!! Great on gas very comfy!! great price on the car for all the up grades that you can get with it which in other SUV would cost 2 to3 thousand more!! love the look!! love the drive it is so quite and its neat how you cant even feel the gears change its just an awesome SUV!!! would definitely recommend it to any one who is looking for a SUV!!!"

Perfect!

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"The only problem I have had with mine was that there was a very, very minor leak in the sunroof. Other then that - it's been wonderful! It's my first self-bought vehicle! i couldn't be happier."

Good for work commute

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2015

"Easy for trips, to small for kids ,and constant issues with the ac condenser"

30,000 miles & one small shop visit

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great snow small SUV, room for 4 and 2 dogs"

Cons: "Not much wish I had leather seats & ipod dock"

"I have had one small problem with a rubber bushing in the back left, tires needed to be replaced at 28,000. Just using the FWD not engaging the 4WD is enough for 90% of snow driving. Good fuel avg 23 MPG. Drove 3000 miles in one trip last year avg 25 MPG with a loaded Jeep."

Best Vehicle on the Road!!!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, rides well, mileage, spacious, snow"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I recomend this vehicle to anyone. From the frugal commuter who needs decent mileage while having off-road capabilities, to the family with a dog and two kids to the single guy wanting a fully loaded model to impress chicks without the high gas / sticker price / insurance cost of a Grand Cherokee ( this was me!) Buy it and enjoy on a long road trip, daily commute, in the mountains or a trip to the mall and enjoy!"

Good value- great vehicle

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Value for the money & fun to drive"

Cons: "towing capacit is 1,000 lbs"

"I've owned this vehicle for 2 yrs and love it. It is fun to drive and has plenty of power to tow my 14 ft Lund fishing boat with 20 hp outboard. I avg 25 mpg while driving it. The vehicle looks sporty and is fun to take camping & tailgating. This Jeep is reliable and the dealer (svc mgr) always ask about it when I bring it in for an oil change. Since Jeep will stop making the Patriot in 2014 - my next Jeep will be the Cherokee."