2009 Jeep Patriot

8.3

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Bought 2015 patriot after owning the 2012

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Price and dependability -has traditional jeep look"

Cons: "On the smaller side"

"I just bought my second Jeep patriot (2015). I had a 2012 and was able to trade it in with a little over 53,000 for about the same payment. I put a lot of miles on my vehicles due to work and I really liked my 2012 Patriot. I looked at getting the new Cherokee but it's just not a jeep in my book. When I learned that the Patriots days are soon to be numbered, I just decided to go with another one since it's the last Jeep that has the semi-traditional Jeep look. The rest of their line now looks generic and like every other vehicle sold by car companies. Would love to see them bring back the old Cherokee look but I think it's gone for good."

Great little truck

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"Bought this little truck used with 7k miles in 2012 for $ 13000 two years later the trade in value is still at $10 647 and I only owe $7700 so I did ok at least I'm not upside down and it's holding it's value. It's a great truck (light truck) if you don't need speed or to much power I don't tow with it but in the 2 years I own it never gave me a problem. Thinking of getting rid of it for the liberty--- or I might keep it and pay it off. 26 MPG kinda noisy inside but all around a great little truck"

My first new car

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "great price gas mileage"

"Bought my Patriot in April 2014 and i love it! There have been lots of negative reviews from car magazines but i have nothing but love for my little SUV. Gas mileage is great and it has a very quiet ride when cruising on the highway. My Patriot will be around for many years to come!!"

Good little Jeep

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "MPG, looks like a Jeep, low tech"

Cons: "Cons on mine are available options on higher model"

"Own the bare bones, no frills base model. Manual Tranny, manual windows, manual locks. Great low tech vehicle. 30+ mpg, no problems yet. Surprising amount of interior space. Nice leg room"

The TIMEX of SUVs - Takes a lickin-keeps on tickin

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Great value. Simple to maintain. Always reliable."

Cons: "A tad noisey. Not as nimble or quick as a BMW."

"This is the TIMEX of Compact SUVs - It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. I have the 70th Anniversary Edition Version, so it has nicer trim - leather, floor mats, sound system, etc. At its core, however, it is a simple no-nonsense vehicle. The instruments and controls are simple, intuitive and all easy to access and operate. The seats are a bit thin on padding but not uncomfortable. Front and back seating are just fine for four. I compared this to a newer Ford Edge which seemed nicer, but was more cramped, but had a much busier, more confusing dash. And a much higher sticker. This proved to be reliable (bullet-proof!) transportation through the harshest Michigan winter in my 42 years of driving here. Would I prefer a BMW X1 or an Audi if I could afford one? Sure. Is this Jeep an incredible value for the money, and a vehicle I can count on anytime under any condition? Absolutely!!"