2009 Jeep Patriot

8.3

Based on 409 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great value for the money

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "great value, good looks,"

Cons: "Wife wanted blue"

"Could not be happier with my Patriot. For a sticker under 28K I have Sirrus radio, heated seats,sunroof, remote start, and more. The 2.4 is plenty peppy in town and on the highway. I understand it is not as fancy as it's competition but you cannot beat it for the price. Handles well in snow of which we have had twice since I bought it."

Reliable vehicle

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Lots of room"

Cons: "outside trim piece fell off"

"good car in the snow, cheap to run, so far the three years we have had it has been reliable"

own two patroits

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "just a good car"

Cons: "steel rims on basic Patriot, get rid of."

"Have a 2008 Patriot from new, has 109,000 miles a is the best car we owned, still running, and still in the family, bought a 2015 and am still impressed with the car. fuel mileage on the 2008 is still 26 mpg, and 30 on trips. The 2015 rides much better and stronger engine. would not give up my jeeps for nothing. we live in snow country and both have 4 wheel drive. have never gotten stuck yet. Good car."

Absoultely perfect condition.

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

"Absolutely perfect condition."

Nice

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Knee space"

"Making a noise"

Female- just right for me

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Great in all kinds of weather"

Cons: "no seat hieght adjust"

"I just bought a 2015 Jeep Patriot altitude pretty basic.I only have one complaint. The seat doesn't adjust up/down. Gets around in rain, snow, and ice real good. I even had to jump a curb to get around an accident. Nice looking now that the rims are black like the truck. Outside temp is a nice touch also. Over all a great girl truck, built tough."

Very Dissapointed... Shame on you Jeep

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "4x4, still looks like a Jeep"

Cons: "CHEAP/plastic, interior rattles excessively!"

"I purchased my 2013 Jeep Patriot 4x4 (with the CVT w/autostick, power upgrade option, etc...) brand new because I needed a comfortable, reliable and affordable 4x4 for my daily 100 mile round trip commute to and from work - in Alaska where the commute can be pretty treacherous for most months. Between my husband and I we've owned at least 10 Jeeps in the past 15 years, all which have been great which is why I looked to Jeep for my first brand new car purchase. Within 1 week of getting the patriot home I noticed an excessive and extremely annoying rattle and "ticking" noise in the front driver side dash where the dash meets the pillar/windshield area. The loud rattle starts the moment I start driving and the ticking in the dash only happens once I've parked. Shortly after the dash rattle began the driver's side door panel started rattling as well - ALL the time. The rattle in the passenger door followed, as well as every power window button/door lock etc. The dealership has been unable to fix these issues, telling me that they installed a "anti squeak kit." As my husband is an ASE Certified Master Technician, I know that there is no such "kit". In addition to the entire interior rattling 24/7, the weather stripping began to sag, letting cold air and water leak into the interior of the vehicle. The dealership replaced the weather stripping which fixed the leaking but not the excessive road noise. If it weren't for the fact that I cannot stand one more second of the excessive and relentless dash/interior rattling which causes me to dread getting into my patriot every morning for my 50 mile commute to work, and every evening when I leave work and drive 50 miles back home I may actually like this car. At this point I'm upside down on it and suppose I will just need to invest in some ear plugs until I can trade it in or sell it without losing $8,000. I would NOT recommend the 2013 Jeep Patriot 4x4."

Excellant lifetime powertrain warrantee.

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, good driver position, lots space"

Cons: "rear drum brakes noisy"

"I will probably own this car until the wheels fall off or someone runs into me and totals it. Dealer replaced trans-axle at 94000 miles with no charge. this is a great size wagon."

Very solid SUV

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Good road handling & comfortable to drive."

Cons: "could use more horsepower"

"This Jeep Patriot 2WD has been a great car. Very few mechanical defects. It has always been maintained by factory certified technicians at every required service interval. No known mechanical defects and body is in excellent condition."

Best car reliability on the road today!

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage!"

Cons: "No navigation program."

"Never any problems in 6 years!"

No frills but reliable

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

"good basic reliable vehicle..good enough in snow and rain. seats and interior is not the best."

Good Value In A Small SUV

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Price, value, 4WD, visibility"

Cons: "milage is lower than expected, noisy at times."

"Its a Jeep. That has value alone (I've had other models). This rides nice, a bit hard at times and can be louder than desired but overall ride pretty nice. A big improvement over the earlier models. Great visibility, best designed side mirrors I've ever had. Handles snow like champ including my frequent trips to the mountains in NH all winter (2miles up hip to my home there)."

Love JEEP Brand !!!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "roomy & fun to drive"

Cons: "mileage could be alittle better"

"I've had JEEPs now for 20 yrs & I don't think I could drive anything else because of their reliability."

My first SUV

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, quiet, stable, Roomy for big persons"

Cons: "Steering wheel takes a little getting used to."

"I love this Jeep. I wish I had purchased one sooner. Even though, I have FWD, I am navigating thru Minnesota snow and ice with ease. I feel safe and stable. And, I'm getting better gas mileage (avg. 24 city/hwy)than my car. I don't off-road, I'm a city dweller, but this vehicle is great for "off roading" mounds of snow, and rugged enough city streets. It's a quiet ride too. No wind draft or whistling on the highway. My only con is that the steering wheel isn't telescopic. I suffer from a little carpal tunnel, so I find myself constantly adjusting to get the fit just right. I'm going to trade this in a few years, but stay with the Jeep brand for sure."

Great introduction to the Jeep brand!!

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Jeep DNA all throughout, great intro to the brand"

Cons: "Spartan interior, mileage could be better"

2015 Jeep Patriot North Edition 4x4

"When it was time to retire our old vehicle, my wife and I looked around for something that would accommodate our family of four. Driving around in Downtown Toronto, we noticed a LOT of people driving around in Jeep Patriots. It certainly piqued my interest so I did a bit of research on the Internet. Knowing that it's pretty close to the end of its production cycle, I was thinking that all the kinks would have been worked out by now. We placed an order for a 2015 North Edition 4x4 and received it in 4 weeks, a couple of weeks earlier than anticipated. With winter just around the corner, I had the dealer install snow tires on steel rims. It's just been fantastic. It feels really solid, and IMHO great value for money. Certainly, it's a matter of preference. If you are looking for a driving experience with a lot of gadgetry, look elsewhere. If you're looking for plush interiors, perhaps you can consider the other Jeep models (the Patriot is rather spartan). However, if you are looking for something fun without all the distractions, relatively economical but still has traditional Jeep DNA, the Patriot is the way to go. A majority of owners seem to love their Jeep Patriots. I now consider myself one of them! My next vehicle will also be a Jeep!"

2015 Jeep Patriot North Edition 4x4

Bought 2015 patriot after owning the 2012

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Price and dependability -has traditional jeep look"

Cons: "On the smaller side"

"I just bought my second Jeep patriot (2015). I had a 2012 and was able to trade it in with a little over 53,000 for about the same payment. I put a lot of miles on my vehicles due to work and I really liked my 2012 Patriot. I looked at getting the new Cherokee but it's just not a jeep in my book. When I learned that the Patriots days are soon to be numbered, I just decided to go with another one since it's the last Jeep that has the semi-traditional Jeep look. The rest of their line now looks generic and like every other vehicle sold by car companies. Would love to see them bring back the old Cherokee look but I think it's gone for good."

Great little truck

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"Bought this little truck used with 7k miles in 2012 for $ 13000 two years later the trade in value is still at $10 647 and I only owe $7700 so I did ok at least I'm not upside down and it's holding it's value. It's a great truck (light truck) if you don't need speed or to much power I don't tow with it but in the 2 years I own it never gave me a problem. Thinking of getting rid of it for the liberty--- or I might keep it and pay it off. 26 MPG kinda noisy inside but all around a great little truck"

My first new car

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "great price gas mileage"

"Bought my Patriot in April 2014 and i love it! There have been lots of negative reviews from car magazines but i have nothing but love for my little SUV. Gas mileage is great and it has a very quiet ride when cruising on the highway. My Patriot will be around for many years to come!!"

Good little Jeep

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "MPG, looks like a Jeep, low tech"

Cons: "Cons on mine are available options on higher model"

"Own the bare bones, no frills base model. Manual Tranny, manual windows, manual locks. Great low tech vehicle. 30+ mpg, no problems yet. Surprising amount of interior space. Nice leg room"

The TIMEX of SUVs - Takes a lickin-keeps on tickin

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Great value. Simple to maintain. Always reliable."

Cons: "A tad noisey. Not as nimble or quick as a BMW."

"This is the TIMEX of Compact SUVs - It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. I have the 70th Anniversary Edition Version, so it has nicer trim - leather, floor mats, sound system, etc. At its core, however, it is a simple no-nonsense vehicle. The instruments and controls are simple, intuitive and all easy to access and operate. The seats are a bit thin on padding but not uncomfortable. Front and back seating are just fine for four. I compared this to a newer Ford Edge which seemed nicer, but was more cramped, but had a much busier, more confusing dash. And a much higher sticker. This proved to be reliable (bullet-proof!) transportation through the harshest Michigan winter in my 42 years of driving here. Would I prefer a BMW X1 or an Audi if I could afford one? Sure. Is this Jeep an incredible value for the money, and a vehicle I can count on anytime under any condition? Absolutely!!"

Great buy for my first New car ever!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Decent gas mileage, nice options, good 4wd"

Cons: "Key built into remote, Gauges could be improved."

"Jeep made an SUV affordable and with decent quality. Has every available needed options and is simple. Power windows, power locks and A/C. The only thing I would request if I could would be to make the keyless entry remote separate from the key and the Temp gauge separate from the mileage so you can see both at once. Otherwise this Jeep is spot on for a Great quality Low priced 4wd SUV"

Great vehicle for driving around town

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, great interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "No get up and go, no grab-bars."

"This vehicle has an awful transmission. The CVT sounds like it is screaming in pain when going up steep grades. Maintining the speed limit for long distance uphill driving is not possible. I must rent a car to go out of town. Only about 22 mpg; not so good for a 4 cylinder."

DO NOT BUY ANY YEAR PATRIOT WITH CVT TRANSMISSION!

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliability issues completely overshadow any Pros"

Cons: "Transmission is total junk and unsafe"

"I am the original owner of this vehicle. Yes it has 140k miles on it, but I was just told that I would have to have the transmission replaced for the 3RD TIME. Previous 2 replacements were under warranty, but replaced with 'rebuilt' transmissions w/ only 12-yr 12k mile warranty. Now Chrysler Jeep says they won't replace it because the defect is on an "external" part of the transmission without fluids. Was on freeway, trans temp light came on, and suddenly without warning computer took control of the car and abruptly slowed the car down to 40 MPH WITH TRAFFIC BEARING DOWN AT 70 - 80 MPH! This is a terribly unsafe 'safety' feature. Second opinion from transmission joint: "They shouldn't be selling these cars with these transmissions and they know it but continue to sell them anyways." Quoted $5k to replace transmission from 2nd party, $9k from the dealership. Car is only worth $3k. Will never buy anything from Chrysler again."

My first "new" car and I love it!

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great in the snow,good gas mileage,easy to park"

Cons: "None yet"

"I bought my Jeep in October of last year with about 45,000 miles on it. It was owned by a guy who actually worked at the dealership. So it was very well maintained. It does have that split transmission use, but I have no clue how to use that. Last winter here in CT was HORRENDOUS with over 3 ft of snow for a few weeks. This Jeep barreled right through it. I get decent gas mileage, about 22 miles per gallon. It only costs about $50 to fill (when it is close to $4 a gallon) which is decent. So far it has been reliable, great on gas and I love how comfortable it is. I even drop the seats in the back to take my 2 dogs with me wherever I go, they love it too :)"

2013 Patriot

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "4wd full time, easy to clean inside and out."

Cons: "a bit noisy with road noise at highway speeds"

"11k on my Patriot. Find it to be exceptional. Good looking, all arounder. Have FD 1 and it has kept me going in the winter. I am sure there are better vehicles out there, but this is American made and doesn't break the bank"