2009 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 437 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Great MPG, Latitude features turn it into a luxury"

Cons: "No heated back seats"

"It is a perfect settle for someone like me wanting the Grand Cherokee. You sacrifice a few luxury features, but they are put in differently with the Latitude X. Love this car!!!"

Great Value, Great Jeep!

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"This is a great compromise Jeep... with off-road capabilities, on-road comfort, top-class gas mileage, and real-world utility! First, it LOOKS like a Jeep is supposed to. Remember the old Cherokee? This is a slightly smaller and updated version. The interior is spartan, but with some nice touches on the Latitude line (leather wrap, chrome, etc) it is more than acceptable. A year of free SiriusXM is nice too! Wrangler people have gone on reluctant ride-alongs and have blurted "This is NICE!" and "I need one!" The Patriot's default 4x4 system is essentially an AWD system. You can watch Jeep's videos for an explanation how this works. ESP is a nice safety blanket as well. There is also a Low 4WD switch that turns this urban warrior into an off-road beast. Towing capacity is a bit weak for any category (especially for an SUV), so if hauling a large boat or trailer behind you is a necessity, this won't be your ride. I've used an Xcargo roof box with great results, however. The Patriot sits up high and gives you a nice sense of comfort and security. After a few months and 6000 miles of driving, I'm averaging 24 mpg. All-in-all a great value that should be heavily considered if you are in the market for a smaller SUV."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"When my wife and I were looking for vehicles, we needed a rugged vehicle capable of light towing, but with enough room for the occasional passenger or child. Even though the 2010 Jeep Patriot was the only vehicle that fit our needs and budget, we could not be happier with our purchase. The 2010 Jeep Patriot is very durable and, when the rear seats are folded down, has more storage room than you would think from looking at it from the outside. We have used our patriot to move everything from boxes of dishes to mulch and even tall filing cabinets. The only complaints we have (even though it isn't really a complaint, more of an observation) is that the seats are not luxuriously comfortable and there could be a little more room for the back seat. That being said, when we bought the 2010 Jeep Patriot, we knew it was not a luxury vehicle and we only have the occasional passenger for the back seats. My wife and I agree that, now that we own a Jeep, we never want to go back to anything else. The 2010 Jeep Patriot is a very well-designed vehicle and my wife and I are very pleased with our purchase."

THE LITTLE SUV THAT COULD

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I got my 2009 jeep patriot about 2 months ago and i love it. It runs real good and so far no problems I got it when it had about 47000 miles on it and now has over 50000 miles. It is good in the snow and ice too. The only downfall is that the engine is a 4 cly and not a 6 cly but that is ok. I plan to put a towing package on it soon so I can tow light loads and I do not doubt its ability. Overall its a excellent little suv."

2009 limited. Good for the price.

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

"If you like a compact crossover and classic Jeep styling, you'll love the exterior as i do. The limited is worth the extra $ in my mind, nice comfortable heated leather seats, touch screen/sirius/nav, power sunroof, great audio system. Once you get used to the CVT transmission you will like it, plenty of power for a 4cyl. One major problem and why i gave it a 3 for quality is the leaking issues. Mine has leaked from the front and rear domelights, and this is a known problem with 07-10 Patriots. If they can fix that it's a no brainer to get this in the compact class. Another minor gripe for me is the small gas tank, 13.5 gal. Simply too small. While i get good gas mileage (25-21), it feels like i'm always at the tank. Should have a 16.5 + gallon tank like most others in it's class."