2008 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 463 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Jeep Patriot Trail Rated

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"Overall this vehicle was the best value for a 4x4 suv that I ran into. It may not have the most power, may not be the best offroad, and may not have the largest fuel tank, but it does everything very good. This jeep is very well rounded. It gets good gas mileage compared to other 4x4s and is comfortable to drive. I've had it offroading all over California, even in the snow and it does great. I've had it on trails rated up to 5 - 6 and as long as you take it slow there is no problem. Its great for the mammoth trips!"

The best Mini SUV

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"I bought this Jeep due to the great deal they gave me. I was trying to buy a Liberty. They told me if im not off roading i dont need a jeep like that. So i was able to get a Limited. The sound system is great, super powerful and clear and the free SAT is great. The gas mileage is good around 24-26. For a FWD suv with lotts of room I dont think i could have gotten a better deal. I hope I dont get a sunroof leak like the other reviews. I do live in houston and that would be very bad. The over all review is the best 19500 I have ever spent on any new or used auto. Have not used the lifetime warranty yet 12k miles so far."

Good Cheap Jeep

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"This Jeep is a great car for the price. I bought the Sport 4x4 with a manual shift, 17 inch tires and all the extras I wanted for $23,000. The Escape and others I looked at would have been several thousand more. So far it has been great. Good mileage (the main reason I bought it) and a nice smooth shift and ride. It's really been getting a 4WD workout too since we've gotten lots of snow this past month. It handles it well. I like the fact that it gets excellent safety ratings too. I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a good inexpensive 4x4."

Bad Gas Mileage

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I have had a few minor problems with the AC and a leaky sunroof. The most significant problem is Gas Mileage WAY less than stated.. averaging 20 mpg, (lowest was 16 all city driving, highest was 22 all highway). Driven 3000 miles, about 3 months, and other than bad gas mileage I love it. Drives wonderfully and smooth, excellent sound and luxury amenities, and looks beautiful. Excellent value for the price."

great value suv

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"was looking for a small suv that would not break the bank. This is it. Much better than the compact value car i have now."

Not a lux SUV. It's reliable, affordable, comfy

By on Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pros: "Price, reliable, fun, dependable, Always got there"

Cons: "None at 140k"

"My wife and I bought this in 2007, in Germany, for her use during the week and as a family vehicle on weekends. It handled hard Bavarian winters very well, never stuck even off road, excellent traction w/o 4WD. Drove well on the autobahn not accelerating with the BMVs but handling the higher average speeds (when traffics moving) with confidence. Had enough space for four plus luggage for several day road trips. Had no mechanical issues in Germany and did all maint. myself. Since the return to US gas mpg has been between 25-30. Over the nine years, still no major problems, on tire set 2, second brake set, 2d battery; third windshield (rocky roads). No other major parts changed. As I said it is not a luxury vehicle, get the Grand Cherokee if that's your desire, but it is a very affordable vehicle that has done well for us."

Much Better Vehicle Than I thought It Would Be

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Great CUV for the money. Best deal out there!"

"Jeep has really improved itself. I was not a Chrysler guy before but this Patriot has sold me. My wife bought a 200 convertible and it is excellent too. Very good quality from both cars. Jeep gets a constant 25mpg and most all my driving has been in town. Three and a half years and 25k miles and not one problem!"

fix windshield

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "much more comfortable than a car"

Cons: "windshield is too shallow"

"Very comfortable ride. Reliable and easy to use. 4wd is a snap. Like radio controls on steering wheel although it's easy to change stations by accident when taking a corner. Only real complaint is windshield. It doesn't go up high enough to see traffic signals. I'm always leaning forward in an awkward manner to see when light turns green."

Jeep Patriot (our family vehicle)

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "5* crash, 4x4 for winter, off road for hunting."

"I purchased the 2009 Jeep Patriot because it had a 4 wheel drive option and 5* crash test rating, when my wife was pregnant. Picking the medium size also was good for fuel economy. I take it hunting and use the off road / 4x4 then and my wife uses it in the winter with our kids (5) and (2)."

I love it

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun jeep,Great on gas, we do a lot of traveling"

"Everything I wanted at a great price.I have been driving this jeep for 3 years now."

Constant problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"I leased this car when it came out in 2008 and ended up buying in 2011. Ever since I bought this car, it has been in the shop every other month with problems. The most frequent problem I have is that the shift gets stuck in park. No matter how hard I press my foot on the brake I can't go into reverse or drive. The dealer claims to fix it as a problem w/ the sensor only for it to happen again a few weeks later. Also, it has failed to start sometimes, my dealership claiming it needed "computer updates". On top of this, I had problems with the driver door falling out of place and having to crawl out of the passenger side until they could fix this door. The only positives are good gas mileage and I'm able to get around in the winter time."

Great car!

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "great in snow, roomy, 30mpg, comfortable. reliable"

Cons: "no compass, exterior temp, mileage indicator"

"Great car!"

Capable 4 wheel drive vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pros: "Good price, great traction and capability"

Cons: "Not the most refined SUV."

"I have the 4 wheel drive Sport model. The winter of 09-10 was one of the worst on record, I felt safer having my 2 teenage daughters driving this vehicle. It's not real refined and the mileage/size of gas tank aren't the greatest. But I would buy another one. I got a great deal on this with Cash for Clunkers and Chryslers incentives. Would do it again in a heartbeat."

Chrysler continues to satisfy!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent value, 4x4, sirius"

"I was very upset the day it came time to part with my trusty 2008 Dodge Durango that reliably carried my family over 84000 trouble free miles. With gas mileage under 15 mpg it had to go. We had a Compass as a rental when our Chrysler Pacifica was in the body shop, we fell in love with it. We like the styling of the Patriot better than the compass. We LOVE the Patriot! Our Grandson that's over 6 ft tall has no issues in it at all. The heated seats and remote start are wonderful, we are averaging 26 mpg in very cold weather. It goes like a tank in the snow! I have owned Chrysler products for years and never have been let down by any of them. This patriot converted a Ford lover to a Chrysler fanatic! I have had no problems so far with it, it's a perfect vehicle for anyone. I don't find the 4 cylinder underpowered at all, and I came from a v8 Durango."

This has been a great car.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Could use more power."

"This has been a great car. It has an automatic transmission that takes some getting used to - it doesn't have "gears" or "speeds" but instead has some sort of variable speed. The advantage is that there is absolutely no way that it could ever have "gear slap" (that clunking or surging as it shifts). The disadvantage is that it feels like it is slipping and not giving you full power sometimes."

it is the best vehicle i have owned

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "comfortable on long drives, auto trans. is smooth"

Cons: "more 12v plug ins"

"went from a big truck to the jeep, with over 70,000 miles it has only been to the shop for oil changes. It does great in the snow and has lots of power for a 4cyl. Car has never let us down."

2008 Jeep Patriot- great entry level 4WD SUV 25MPG

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "great price, AWD, 17" wheels, good size cargo area"

Cons: "14 gallon tank, no heated mirrors."

"The best Entry SUV. I say this because the list price was $22,500, purchased it for 20,500. Plus it has auto. trans, 4WD, power/door locks/windows/mirrors and steering, AC, AM/FM/CD, input jack for IPad or MP3, standard electrical outlet, heated seats, power sun roof, roof rack, dual visor mirrors, cruise control, split rear seats, 17" aluminum wheels. Its cargo area is wide and squared at the top, SUV is solid and rugged. 2.4L 4 cyl. engine gets 25MPG combined. Not a powerhouse, but gets the job done. Handles well off road."

Perfect for me!

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "cheap 4x4. good gas mileage. great suv all around"

Cons: "cargo likes to slide in the back. rear lighting."

"4x4 and good gas mileage. getting about 22 around town and 26 on the highway. the 4x4 is easy to use not that i have had to use it yet. Good amount of storage for its size... keeping in mind it is a smaller suv. Drives nice and is small enough to fit almost anywhere. LOVE THE HEATED SEATS!!! Got to get them. Never thought I would use them but now I don't know how I drove with out them. Has good leg room front and back. My husband is 6'2" and he fits in it well."

I own this car and love it!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cons: "Seats are not very comfortable for long rides."

"I brought my 2007 Patriot brand new and have owned it for 4 years now. I have had no major issues with it other than regular maintainance with tires, brakes and struts. It perfectly suits my needs, having a toddler and carrying around all of her strollers and toys. I reccommend this car to anyone!"

Works for Me!

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pros: "Mileage, style, comfort"

Cons: "2.0 L a little sluggish"

"Bought the 2011 Sport FWD with the 2.0L and CVT. Also have several options (6 CD changer, UConnect, Sirrus, Heated mirrors, etc). I have a Nissan with a CVT and loved it. This CVT is every bit as good. It will take getting used to but it grows on you. The 2.0 is a little sluggish, but nothing that takes away from the vehicle. Currently getting about 28 mpg as most of my driving is highway. I was somewhat surprised that people complained about the road noise as mine is extremely quiet and very comfortable. Interior had an upgrade from the 2010 and is much nicer than the 2010s I looked at. There are minimal changes in the 2012. The main reason I bought the Patriot was the exterior looks (and gas mileage). I had a 1999 Cherokee for 7 years and 170,000 miles with no problems at all. The Patriot looks a lot like the Cherokee and if I'm lucky, will get the same results as I has with it Overall very happy with the Patriot."

Good Value

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"This is my sixth Jeep and have had no problems with the vehicle. This jeep gets the best gas mileage of all the jeeps that I have owned so far. I wish that it had taller final gear ratio for better highway mileage. Overall, it does all things very well and has been a nice balance of power, gas mileage, and interior room to haul gear to my cabin. I purchased this vehicle for better gas mileage and the unlimited powertrain warranty."

Best Decision I've made

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Like everything I researched long and hard for just the right vehicle for my family. I needed something affordable, but rugged. I would have never guessed that my next vehicle would be a Jeep. Where I live requires a good amount of 4 wheeling during the winter months. The Patriot impressed me immediately. Apparently my neighbors also, within a month of seeing me cruise on through the snow and mud while they walked, low and behold a new Patriot now sits in their driveway. I enjoy the style and love the way it handles the road, during good and bad weather. The Downhill descent has even been a life saver literally. The remote start and heated seats are just a kicker to what is already the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Nice for the price

By on Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"We have owned the 2009 Patriot for about a year and a half, now. I am satisfied with the fuel mileage (usually at least 21 mpg) and the reliability. Our Patriot has about 36000 miles on it and so far, our only repair has been that one of the valve stems broke off - not a big deal. The interior is reasonably comfortable and looks nice. It is roomy enough for the large car seats for the kiddos in the backseat and the cargo area is spacious. The biggest con is that I HATE the CVT. It shifts awkwardly when accelerating and sometimes when decelerating. Aside from that my only other complaint is that the road noise comes right through to the interior. Overall, I enjoy the Jeep alot, but if I was purchasing again I would choose a manual transmission."

Not too bad

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Not too bad for the price i paid, we'll see how they lifetime warrenty will hold up. There are some problems, that should be fixed by jeep, namely the wheel bearings and the lower control arms. There are aftermarket solutions if you do your homework. Great gas mileage for the style! Not too bad of a vechical overall."

Eh, soso...

By on Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Value - Horrible resale value. Reliability - Had to have transmission replaced @ 5k miles, engine mounts @ 10k, and numerous weatherproofing strips put back in place. Thankfully under warranty. Quality - See reliability. Shouldn't have so many problems with new car. Performance - Very adequate for a 2.4, lots of torque/power, so hang onto the wheel (FWD) if turning while taking off in a hurry or it will turn YOU. If you go more than 2/3rds and don't get around someone you're doing something wrong. However, gas mileage goes WAY down in cruise control on freeway, especially over 65. Styling - Not bad. Comfort - Seats and consoles are well designed and heated, but there is WAY too much noise to be made from such a smaller SUV with those tires. Overall - Car drives well and is comfortable, but the bad outways the good. Doesn't do you any good worrying if it's going to fall apart on you. I would not buy this car again and am only forced to at this time due to the amount of mileage I put on it over the course of the lease."