2008 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 464 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

The Cheaper Jeep

By on Monday, February 8, 2016

Reason: Trade in for Wrangler

Pros: "Cheap price tag for a Jeep, Great family car"

Cons: "Bad resale value, not the best quality"

"Jeep is well known for off road capabilities and overall the patriot will do the job off road. I recently traded in my patriot for a wrangler. I liked driving my patriot and only had a complaint about the quality of certain things in the car such as the weather molding coming undone after 6 months. Little things like the radio would randomly act up and cause minor headaches. Although I generally liked my patriot the most alarming thing is how horribly these patriots hold their value. Upon wanting to trade I was told my Jeep had depreciated over $9,000 and had to trade in with negative equity. They had over 20 patriots on the lot and only 2 wranglers. Simply put I think if you can afford a little higher payment it is worth investing in a wrangler. The resale value stays extremely strong for wranglers and I personally just love owning a wrangler! Although the patriot makes a great family car for a cheaper initial price tag."

Great Vehicle... i love to drive it

By on Saturday, May 3, 2008

"Had this car for 3 months now. LOVE IT, 6,000 miles and gas mileage is amazing. I live in MI so snow is easily overcome when I pop it into 4x4. I would of loved to get more on it, but this car has to last a while. Heated seats, rides amazing. Its an SUV that rides like a car, uses gas like a car, but holds 5 adults. AMAZING... Love it, buy it."

Great!

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Great MPG, Latitude features turn it into a luxury"

Cons: "No heated back seats"

"It is a perfect settle for someone like me wanting the Grand Cherokee. You sacrifice a few luxury features, but they are put in differently with the Latitude X. Love this car!!!"

Seems great so far

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "better gas mileage, easy to handle"

Cons: "slow pick-up"

"Ive only had the car for 6 months and so far it does seem to be good. It does a great job traveling on the road I live on especially in the winter. The only thing I'm not fond of is the sluggish transmission and slow pick up. But it does good on gas and gets where I need it to go. I also like the stability control, traction control, and 4wd combination."

Not a lux SUV. It's reliable, affordable, comfy

By on Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pros: "Price, reliable, fun, dependable, Always got there"

Cons: "None at 140k"

"My wife and I bought this in 2007, in Germany, for her use during the week and as a family vehicle on weekends. It handled hard Bavarian winters very well, never stuck even off road, excellent traction w/o 4WD. Drove well on the autobahn not accelerating with the BMVs but handling the higher average speeds (when traffics moving) with confidence. Had enough space for four plus luggage for several day road trips. Had no mechanical issues in Germany and did all maint. myself. Since the return to US gas mpg has been between 25-30. Over the nine years, still no major problems, on tire set 2, second brake set, 2d battery; third windshield (rocky roads). No other major parts changed. As I said it is not a luxury vehicle, get the Grand Cherokee if that's your desire, but it is a very affordable vehicle that has done well for us."