2008 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 464 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

THE LITTLE SUV THAT COULD

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I got my 2009 jeep patriot about 2 months ago and i love it. It runs real good and so far no problems I got it when it had about 47000 miles on it and now has over 50000 miles. It is good in the snow and ice too. The only downfall is that the engine is a 4 cly and not a 6 cly but that is ok. I plan to put a towing package on it soon so I can tow light loads and I do not doubt its ability. Overall its a excellent little suv."

Love the Patriot Style

By on Thursday, July 3, 2008

"I purchased a 2008 Patriot Sport 3 mo. ago - white with black accents, power doors & windows, 17" wheels. The cloth seats are sturdy & I can really haul lots when the front passenger seat folds down. This is my 3rd Jeep & it almost looks like my favorite '92 Cherokee (which now has 98,600 mi. & still runs great). The automatic CVT shifting takes a little getting used to -just let it "do its thing", but it is very peppy on the open road for a 4 cyl. & averages about 23 mpg mostly in town driving. I recently had to drive home in a terrible storm - it never waivered, it never slid or hydroplaned - just kept on going in the major wind & rain. I'm hoping it will do as well on our Indiana hills in winter. The AWD & stability control will keep it on the road going where it's supposed to go. I'm very pleased. Comfort - Wish it had power seats as an option. I bought an extended warranty tacked onto the lifetime powertrain warranty & plan to keep it a very long time. Absolutely no problems in the first 2,000 miles. I think it's a winner for Jeep! I researched the Toyota RAV4 & the Honda CRV, but decided the Jeep was a better value & loved my other Jeeps. My son also bought a new 2007 Patriot Limited which is Trail-rated & he & his wife love theirs, too. As a middle-aged lady, I think it's just the thing for young or old(er)."

I love my Patriot!

By on Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pros: "great price its a JEEP!"

"Bought her a little over a year ago (APR '14) and loving every minute of it. I cant understand why so many expert car reviews bash this little SUV. It does great on gas easy to park plenty of power and still looks brand new! I got the sport (basic) version and the one time I drove it in a snowstorm it did just fine keeping it in second gear with the Autostick. Never got stuck even at red lights."

Great buy, would highly recommend!

By on Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pros: "gas efficient, low price, fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy engine, interior needs upgrade"

"I recently traded in my 2007 Jeep Compass for this 2012 Patriot I've nicknamed "Boss." What I love most about this Jeep is that it's fun to drive, great on gas, and very functional. I've used it for hauling and moving and the rear folding seats and spacious cargo area were perfect. The engine can be a little loud but the pick up for a small suv with a 4 cylinder engine couldn't be better. And once it gets up to speed this vehicle really goes. The interior could use a little bit more of an upgrade as it really isn't much different than my old Jeep but for the price I paid I can't complain. This is one of the lowest priced suvs you can buy brand new. Overall, I would and have definitely recommended this car to anyone looking for benefits of an suv with the affordability of a car and the reliability of a Jeep."

2009 limited. Good for the price.

By on Monday, December 6, 2010

"If you like a compact crossover and classic Jeep styling, you'll love the exterior as i do. The limited is worth the extra $ in my mind, nice comfortable heated leather seats, touch screen/sirius/nav, power sunroof, great audio system. Once you get used to the CVT transmission you will like it, plenty of power for a 4cyl. One major problem and why i gave it a 3 for quality is the leaking issues. Mine has leaked from the front and rear domelights, and this is a known problem with 07-10 Patriots. If they can fix that it's a no brainer to get this in the compact class. Another minor gripe for me is the small gas tank, 13.5 gal. Simply too small. While i get good gas mileage (25-21), it feels like i'm always at the tank. Should have a 16.5 + gallon tank like most others in it's class."