2008 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 437 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Great MPG, Latitude features turn it into a luxury"

Cons: "No heated back seats"

"It is a perfect settle for someone like me wanting the Grand Cherokee. You sacrifice a few luxury features, but they are put in differently with the Latitude X. Love this car!!!"

Great Value, Great Jeep!

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"This is a great compromise Jeep... with off-road capabilities, on-road comfort, top-class gas mileage, and real-world utility! First, it LOOKS like a Jeep is supposed to. Remember the old Cherokee? This is a slightly smaller and updated version. The interior is spartan, but with some nice touches on the Latitude line (leather wrap, chrome, etc) it is more than acceptable. A year of free SiriusXM is nice too! Wrangler people have gone on reluctant ride-alongs and have blurted "This is NICE!" and "I need one!" The Patriot's default 4x4 system is essentially an AWD system. You can watch Jeep's videos for an explanation how this works. ESP is a nice safety blanket as well. There is also a Low 4WD switch that turns this urban warrior into an off-road beast. Towing capacity is a bit weak for any category (especially for an SUV), so if hauling a large boat or trailer behind you is a necessity, this won't be your ride. I've used an Xcargo roof box with great results, however. The Patriot sits up high and gives you a nice sense of comfort and security. After a few months and 6000 miles of driving, I'm averaging 24 mpg. All-in-all a great value that should be heavily considered if you are in the market for a smaller SUV."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"When my wife and I were looking for vehicles, we needed a rugged vehicle capable of light towing, but with enough room for the occasional passenger or child. Even though the 2010 Jeep Patriot was the only vehicle that fit our needs and budget, we could not be happier with our purchase. The 2010 Jeep Patriot is very durable and, when the rear seats are folded down, has more storage room than you would think from looking at it from the outside. We have used our patriot to move everything from boxes of dishes to mulch and even tall filing cabinets. The only complaints we have (even though it isn't really a complaint, more of an observation) is that the seats are not luxuriously comfortable and there could be a little more room for the back seat. That being said, when we bought the 2010 Jeep Patriot, we knew it was not a luxury vehicle and we only have the occasional passenger for the back seats. My wife and I agree that, now that we own a Jeep, we never want to go back to anything else. The 2010 Jeep Patriot is a very well-designed vehicle and my wife and I are very pleased with our purchase."

THE LITTLE SUV THAT COULD

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I got my 2009 jeep patriot about 2 months ago and i love it. It runs real good and so far no problems I got it when it had about 47000 miles on it and now has over 50000 miles. It is good in the snow and ice too. The only downfall is that the engine is a 4 cly and not a 6 cly but that is ok. I plan to put a towing package on it soon so I can tow light loads and I do not doubt its ability. Overall its a excellent little suv."

2009 limited. Good for the price.

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

"If you like a compact crossover and classic Jeep styling, you'll love the exterior as i do. The limited is worth the extra $ in my mind, nice comfortable heated leather seats, touch screen/sirius/nav, power sunroof, great audio system. Once you get used to the CVT transmission you will like it, plenty of power for a 4cyl. One major problem and why i gave it a 3 for quality is the leaking issues. Mine has leaked from the front and rear domelights, and this is a known problem with 07-10 Patriots. If they can fix that it's a no brainer to get this in the compact class. Another minor gripe for me is the small gas tank, 13.5 gal. Simply too small. While i get good gas mileage (25-21), it feels like i'm always at the tank. Should have a 16.5 + gallon tank like most others in it's class."

Great Little Jeep

By on Sunday, December 05, 2010

"Purchased my patriot in 2009 for my wife and she LOVES it. It has been super reliable. Dont let its small size fool you it is quite roomy inside. Engine is a little noisy when pushed hard and the CVT tranny takes a little getting used to but the power isnt bad when merging or passing. Its comfortable on long trips and the gas mileage is pretty good. Expert reviews dont give this Jeep much praise but im pleasantly surprised and not disappointed at all with this Jeep. Its a great value."

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, July 03, 2010

"I bought a new 2009 Patriot Sport 4x4 with a manual transmission and have put on 27,000 miles. I really like the redesigned interior for 09 - they really cleaned it up compared to 08 but they can still do more to soften up the plastic. I get about 26 mpg with 30 on the highway. I tow a small boat and utility trailer and the vehicle does great. Traction in the winter is amazing. I really like the way the seats fold down for a flat cargo area and the front passenger seat folding flat to allow 8 foot boards inside. I am very pleased with the vehicle and recommend it to everyone."

By on Sunday, April 25, 2010

"When I first started looking for a vehicle about 2 years ago because the lease on my Jetta was up I knew I wanted something a little bit bigger. I have some large football playin', burger eatin' buddies who love to squish into my car 4 at a time. I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything under $20k that would have low gas mileage and few miles on the car used. I found the Patriot about 4 days of 8 hour straight searching and had never seen one before. Thought it was perfect before I even stepped in. It looks like the little brother of the Commander! I have taken it on long trips and the head-space and back-seat room leave everyone feeling very comfortable. Great job Jeep!"

good value

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"09 Limited (have had it about 3 weeks). Seems to be a tight, well put together car. Auto trans (6) is great, Will be real handy. Have a bit over 1000 miles and am getting about 24 Hwy (maybe will get better when broken in). Leather seats are fine, appointments seem really good. Drives and rides really quiet, and seens great, with adiquit power. First time with sunroof and killer stero, but I like it, though a bit costly. Dealer tinted the front window's for us,,, turned out good. CON... No 12 volt continous outlet (really stupid), No trailer wire at rear (equaly stupid), No standard roof rack cross overs (After hard negotation the dealer included them)!! Paid a bit over $19,000 and feel its a OK deal. Lifetime powertrain warantee, and I bought the Optional Max liftime bumper to bumper warantee ($1575.00) I think these are both really great but it only covers the origional buyer, cannot be transfered AT ALL. All in all, a pretty solid car..."

LOVE IT!!!!

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"I can't say enough about this vehicle! AWESOME!! It it quiet, smooth and beautiful!! I get so many compliments on it. I have the upgraded sport model with beautiful alloy 17 inch rims, pwr moonroof and 6 disc cd-MP3/satellite stereo system and could not imagine a better vehicle. I am getting about 23 mpg around town, what other SUV can you get that kind of mileage on? I just wish it had a bigger gas tank instead of the 13.5 gallons."