• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Jeep Patriot

8.3

Based on 388 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Could have been better

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

"I have a few concens about the 2013 Jeep Patriot. From day one the brakes have squeeked. Have had trouble with all four Windows."

Verry Happy but its expensive

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "great for winter, spacious interior"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"If you plan on financing a jeep, put some money down. I am happy with this jeep, yes its not the greatest on gas mileage but you have to expect that with a 4WD sometimes. No major repairs yet and approaching 3 years. Great in snow and in rain!! I dont load massive items but the interior is spacious and worth the money."

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"Wasnt in the market for a new car but when i drove the Patriot i fell in love with it! I really dont understand all the bad reviews from the car experts. Plenty of room good driving height for me tons of headroom too. Fold down the back seats and you get 6 feet of space! Cant beat it for the gas mileage either. 21 city and 28 highway for a SUV with lots of space. Ill be driving my Patriot for many many years to come."

Unstable issues on wet freeways or night driving

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Cons: "Something seems wrong with the suspension."

"Have owned a jeep earlier in my life and saved 20 years for another one. Purchased on 11/13 a 2014. 12/13 returned to shop complaining about pulls to the right, rough steering and a sense of drifting on the hwy or on rainy corners. Rotated tires, no good. 2 months later cross rotated tires. So on dry, sunny days it steers a straight line down the hwy/freeway which it did not do before, but on wet days or heat exchanges on the hwy (hot days to cool nights creates air pockets) it bounces all over like it has a suspension issue and frankly is unnerving. I am afraid to drive this jeep long distances or after dark. After awhile of fighting the steering, I am exhausted and at times feel light headed. Keenly upset as this was the car of my dreams and I have really no cash flow to correct the issue - and I paid for all of the jeep upfront. Tearful and stressed."

Nice...

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Practical...easy on gas"

Cons: "Front seat not safe when a baby seat is in..."

"Traded in a 2008 Cadillac CTS - so glad I did! Love the ride better than Cadillac! I bought it new - never had a problem other than squeaky brakes! They did replace a brake arm - supposably. Did not fix the noise...so I keep traveling. When I hit the gas, it pulls to the right - did it during the test ride too...maybe because of the CVS transmission? It does slag power on hard acceleration. Baby seat in the back seat and the passenger in the front with knees are on the dash. I don't think this would be safe if the air bag would deploy. Not comfotable either. Fantasic to use during moving. Particularly if you don't use boxes! Takes me 3 hours to pack in all the space. It does ok for the simple conviences..2 cup holders in front...use the door handle for the cell phone. It works."

Great value, great "city" Jeep

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Value, style, 4WD system"

Cons: "Fuel economy and cruising range. Resale value."

"When my XJ finally died, I was in a fix. I hated all the "euro" creased crossovers that have flooded the market and wanted a real looking Jeep. But the Wrangler was too impractical for me and the GC was a little more than I wanted to spend since I drive 7,000 miles a year. So the Pat was perfect. Yes, it is heavy on the plastic inside. It cost like 18k so I don't know what people expect. Handles well enough, good in bad weather and snow. Fuel economy is so-so, and it is exacerbated by the small fuel tank. It wouldn't seem so bad if I had 20 gallons of fuel at a time. As such @ 13 gallons, you can't get even get 300 miles to a tank."

Avoid

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "great traction, fun in the snow"

Cons: "reliability, interior, trunk smaller than car"

"Not total junk but: Interior layout very inconvenient if you have anything more than a drink to stow while driving. My mp3 player sits on the passenger seat while I drive. Hard to see from inside, lots of blind spots. Drive is bumpy, ok, i get it, it is a jeep, but this jeep is low on power considering the gas usage (19 in the city) and too low ground clearance to really off road. I have two kids, one in a car seat, which requires the front passenger put their seat forward so it will fit behind them. The trunk is very small. This thing is unstoppable in snow, which is awesome and primarily why I bought it. The interior is just too small. there are other small AWD and 4X4 SUV's with more usable space inside. I have a sport edition 2010 with 2.4 liter engine and automatic transmission. Suspension parts replaced once under manufacturer warranty, once under aftermarket warranty. Recently with 40k miles, throttle assembly failed and literally left me broke down by the side of the road. a 3.5 year old car with 40k mileage. Again, aftermarket warranty fixed it, i just paid my $100 deductable. All I do is drive to and from work. all paved roads. you get what you pay for. these are cheaper to buy, sort of, but expensive to maintain. next vehicle won't be made by the GM, Chryler collapsing business model. Sorry. I have small kids. getting stranded at night is ridiculous in a normal mileage car."

very pleased with this jeep

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"very good 4wd - great gas mileage @ 22.5 (summer gas()city. BEST hvac system in any vehicle ever owned (30+). comfortable seating. nice ergonomics interior. no repairs. needs opening tailgate glass and re-positioned 4wd lever"

Wonderful Jeep

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Reason: time for upgrade

Pros: "It works! Reliable, good MPG"

Cons: "Seat quality, heavy plastic use in interior"

"I owned a 2007 Jeep Patriot, Had the tie rods and one wheel barring changed at 80,000 miles, other than than that never had a problem, handle well seemed to get better MPG in town than on the highway, roomy for tall people, only interior complaint was the center armrest, and the seat padding wore out quickly, then again how many people put 119,000 miles on a vehicle in 3 years!"

Most reliable car owned, great control with 5-spd

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, > 30 MPG, low maint!"

Cons: "Stiff ride"

"Reliable, economical (>30 mpg highway), great handling, convenient hauler due to box like interior, just great basic Jeep. I have UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY from Chrysler but never had a problem with Trans/Engine. I am purchasing 2014 Patriot, testimony to my description."