2008 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Poor quality car

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "4x4 handles well on snow"

Cons: "Poor quality components. Too much maintenance."

"The overall quality of the car is very low. With less than one year had to change the electronic module. I put few miles per year but already had to change suspension components, shocks, engine parts, and the list goes on. The engine is noisy and CVT transmission is very bad. The only positive aspect is that it handles well in the snow. Will never buy a Jeep again."

Amazing!

By on Monday, February 01, 2010

"My wife and I spent about a year and a half looking for the perfect vehicle to purchase. After what seemed like hundreds of choices...we decided on this beauty. I own a 2008 Patriot Sport, with freedom driveII. Wether it is snow/ice on the roads, or knee deep mud on the trail, this "little jeep that could" will handle it. With about 30,000 extremely well maintained miles on it we have not had one single issue with the jeep. It is perfect for the campers, hunters, long travel, offroaders, and just plain carefree commuting in horrible weather."

Very Practical and Reliable

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Small Size, Gas Mileage, Cargo Room"

Cons: "Back Seat Room"

"I purchased my Jeep Patriot two years ago with approx. 45,000 miles and it now has almost 95,000 miles. My Patriot gets great gas mileage, is easy to park and maneuver, is unique in it's styling, and with the rear seats folded down, you can fit nearly anything into the cargo space (we were able to get a washing machine on it's side.) I will not be purchasing another Patriot simply because my family has now outgrown it, and we will be looking for something with the ability to tow with our next vehicle."

Love it

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "cost of ownership, features, reliability, look,"

Cons: "sun visors are useless, towing capability."

Taking on a little trail in our Patriot

"My wife and I have owned it for just over a year. No issues at all. We are planning on driving it around 20k-25k miles/year and are certain we can count on it to be reliable. It is quiet, a decent ride (suspension got better in 2011), fine performance for what it is (fuel efficient SUV, not a racecar, we weren't buying a racecar), it fits my wife's musical instrument just fine (a concert grand harp). She even 'off-roaded' it around some construction mess and found it did just fine in mud (before she was told that this model isn't designed to do that). We are thrilled with it and find that it serves all of our needs. The Latitude package was a great package with heated seats. Would like the upgraded sound and 4x4, but the price couldn't be beat in our 4x2. MPG is right on the money with upper twenties on the highway and rarely under 22 MPG in the city. 6 month/8,000 mile oil change intervals can't be beat, and after doing some research, found that the engine had been tested an equivalent of 15.5 million miles and the transmission 5.5 million miles. Just the way a Jeep should be. We plan on driving it for a decade or so . . ."

Taking on a little trail in our Patriot

Ran great until last week

By on Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Had the 2008 Patriot since May 2008. Loved it until last week when it locked in park. Had to drive home with hazards on, no brake lights and had to remove the access panel to the shifter to get it in drive. Of course, dealership said I had grass on the sensors, funny thing is, this car has never been off road or in a grassy area. Happened again with my husband, then sporadically started working right at the dealership. While in the shop, hubby told them I complain about a dragging noise in front end, come to find out, my whole front end had been recalled and tie-rods, sway bar and front end suspension had to be replaced. Sure wish Jeep had notified me. Extremely disappointed in the huge drop in value, having to suffer by keeping the SUV now since no dealer will give me more than 2/3 of what I paid for it 14 months ago, and that is the same dealer that sold it to me. Do get great mileage, but at a snails pace. No get up and go, lane changes and passing others is up to luck that they will slow down so I can get an advantage. Wish I had never bought it."