2007 Jeep Patriot

8.1

Based on 463 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

30,000 miles & one small shop visit

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great snow small SUV, room for 4 and 2 dogs"

Cons: "Not much wish I had leather seats & ipod dock"

"I have had one small problem with a rubber bushing in the back left, tires needed to be replaced at 28,000. Just using the FWD not engaging the 4WD is enough for 90% of snow driving. Good fuel avg 23 MPG. Drove 3000 miles in one trip last year avg 25 MPG with a loaded Jeep."

Best Vehicle on the Road!!!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, rides well, mileage, spacious, snow"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I recomend this vehicle to anyone. From the frugal commuter who needs decent mileage while having off-road capabilities, to the family with a dog and two kids to the single guy wanting a fully loaded model to impress chicks without the high gas / sticker price / insurance cost of a Grand Cherokee ( this was me!) Buy it and enjoy on a long road trip, daily commute, in the mountains or a trip to the mall and enjoy!"

Good value- great vehicle

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Value for the money & fun to drive"

Cons: "towing capacit is 1,000 lbs"

"I've owned this vehicle for 2 yrs and love it. It is fun to drive and has plenty of power to tow my 14 ft Lund fishing boat with 20 hp outboard. I avg 25 mpg while driving it. The vehicle looks sporty and is fun to take camping & tailgating. This Jeep is reliable and the dealer (svc mgr) always ask about it when I bring it in for an oil change. Since Jeep will stop making the Patriot in 2014 - my next Jeep will be the Cherokee."

Great price for economy car thats not a car

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

"Could not buy an economy car for what the Patriot cost, plus it's roomier, and looks good. How can you go wrong with a 3 year warranty? That is, if your a cheap skate like me, bang for the buck."

Great Value with 4WD.

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and well built"

Cons: "heavy feeling and slow on the go"

"I have owned this for almost 5 years. This is the only vechile I have ever purchased new. I have the Limited package because I wanted heated seats and the towing package, although I came to realize that a 4 cyl can't really tow too much. I added a big trailer hitch that proabably has hurt my mileage a bit. I can get 22 city , and almost 25 highway if you use the cruise control and keep the speed down. I have found the cargo capacity adaquate for hauling things, if you can fold the seats down. Back seat leg room is average, if the front seats are forward some. I have always had a car seat in the back seat, and the child can see out very nicely. The 4cyl was a little slow on the go when it was new, but after about 12,000 miles it was better. 4WD has been dependable, I traveled through snow and ice covered roads with no issues, but haven't used it alot. The clearance is not too high. Not sure I really needed the 4WD. I have not done any repairs on this, only tires and battery, and regular oil changes. I have loved this vechicle and have waited to trade it in until I had some equity built up on it. My only regret is that I purchases this right before the Chrysler bailout. I probably would not go back to Chrysler just for that reason. But that is a political issue and no bering on this reveiw."

Rides and handles nicely

By on Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pros: "Rides nicely, handles well."

Cons: "Bluetooth doesn't work as well as I would expect."

"I actually have not needed the 4wd yet, but trust that it will handle as well as the Grand Cherokee I had some years ago. This Patriot has a great radio and a multi-cd changer. Bluetooth sometimes is scratchy and both Jeep and my cell provider has tried to correct it on a permanent basis. The a/c (live in Vegas..this is a big deal here) is wonderful. Mileage is decent except when I run the a/c..that is expected. Nice paint job and looks good. It turns quite well. It stops nicely. Considering the price, it is a good value."

Reliable and sufficient

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage 27mpg average city and highway."

Cons: "Suspension components"

"Good vehicle for the money. I drive alot for work (35k a year) The only real issues I have had are the suspension parts don't last because they aren't greasable but all new vehicles are like that now. Only other issue was that the alternator went out at 130k but to be expected. What I wasn't expecting was a $550. bill to do it. The brakes lasted 120k. Right now I am fighting an alignment problem that neither Jeep or a private shop can figure out which causes the rear tires to wear prematurely which is getting annoying. I think it might be time to trade it in on a new one."

I Love It

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Reliable, most fuel efficient Jeep"

Cons: "Smallest Jeep engine, there are some blind spots"

"My Patriot has a few options like the sunroof, larger aluminum wheels, satellite radio and manual transmission, which altogether makes it the funnest and most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. The cargo room is amazing. I wish that it would accelerate a bit faster on the highway, and that it would get better gas mileage; but at 20-28mpg it's not bad. The computerized ultra-sensitive traction system and my manual transmission make winter driving easier although I have a 2WD model."

Great value for price, best car I've owned!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "limited fuel range"

"I only have two complaints about this car: (1) the fuel range is limited (only like a 13 gallon tank), so if you drive a lot, you'll be filling up the tank a lot; (2) no sunroof in mine! But seriously, this car has been amazing for me. It can manage any weather thrown at it, and it handles the Wisconsin weather beautifully. I feel safe in it, too. It's well-built, extremely comfortable, and it's big enough to throw my bike in the back with just one of the back seats flipped down. There feels like tons of room in the front and rear seats, also, so much so that my 6ft tall husband can be just as comfortable anywhere in the car as me at 5'4. On top of all that, I get around 25-26 mpg consistently, which is the best of any SUV you can buy at this price point, and better than most SUVs, period. There are lots of complaints about the transmission in it, but it doesn't bother me one bit. It seems to only bother people who are really serious car people, like my husband, but even he loves my car in spite of it. When accelerating, sometimes the transmission revs loudly and can sound like a diesel engine, but once it gets to the gear it needs to be in, it's actually quite quiet. Overall, I have a lot of fun driving my car, and I plan on driving it for as long as I can. It's the best purchase I've made in a long time, and I've never had buyer's remorse over it. I love my car a whole lot, and I think it's a great option for people who need a reliable, fuel-efficient SUV at a price point that won't break the bank."

Great small SUV

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Very dependable - comfortable ride"

Cons: "Center cupholders could have been designed better"

"Owned for 2 years - great MPG (25 consistently) All features work well."