2007 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Unhappy with my Vehicle Choice

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "4 wheel drive, looks sleek"

Cons: "too many problems, expensive to fix"

"I purchased my Jeep Patriot in November 2012. The car had one previous owner and had about 67,000 when I got it. I had reviewed the report on the car, prior to purchasing it. The previous owner had kept up on recommended maintenance, and there had been no major issues with it. About three months after purchasing the Patriot, I began noticing a horrible knocking, rattling noise that would occur on the front end ever time I hit a slight bump. I figured the suspension may be bad, which is an unfortunate problem, but is normal wear and tear. Long story short, it's been a little over a year since I got the Patriot and I have put about five thousand into it. I regret ever having purchase it. I had the suspension replaced at about 70,000 miles. I also had a wheel bearing replaced and alignment done at 71,000. I had a CV axle and drive shaft replaced at 73,000. These are all unpleasant repairs. And, yeah, they may be considered "normal wear and tear," but extremely expensive and painful nonetheless. Besides the "normal wear and tear" repairs, my transmission failed at about 74,000. Luckily, I had purchased a power train warrantee from the dealership, which covered all but $100 of the cost to replace the transmission. Otherwise, I would have had to figure out how to come up with around $3,500. Around the same time the transmission went out, the alternator went out. That was a $700 fix which was not covered under warrantee. After having the suspension, a drive shaft, a wheel baring, a CV axle, and an engine shield replaced, the Patriot is still making a horrible scraping, clunking noise every single time I hit a bump. I have put so much money into this vehicle. I have had more problems with it than any other car I have ever owned. I would have sold it long ago, but unfortunately, I owe about $3,000 more on it than it is even worth. So I am pretty much stuck with the thing for a while. I wish I would never have purchased this Jeep Patriot. I greatly regret ever having gotten it."

Great Value

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Acceleration, good gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Noisy when shifting"

"Patriot has great pick up. Gas mileage is good. Lots of cargo space. Front seat folds flat going forward. Ride is comfortable. The CVT is smooth shifting but a little noisy. I have no complaints."

perfect for me!

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "FUN, spacious, good on gas for size,"

Cons: "center console low, trans fluid-unable to check"

clear side veiw picture! (its a pretty black with matallics in it, but thats hard to capture on a picture.

"This vehicle is wonderful! I enjoy everything about it that I have seen. If I had a complaint, it would be that the stereo (I have the BASE stereo) is not as good as my last vehicle (but in all fairness, my '04 ford ranger had a pioneer multi disk changer system, so i shouldnt be surprised LOL) I like how the seat goes up and down so that i can be at the right height. I am a female 5' 4'' and love the way it fits me, and my boyfriend who is 6' likes it as well because he can change the seating to just what fits him. The mirror vision is THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN. I can see everything. The back seats and passenger seat fold flat! We have 2 large breed dogs, and they love the room they get in the back. I also like how the tire is underneath the back 'floor' and NOT on the outside of the hatch. I have the smaller 4cyl. 2.0 and the pickup isn't amazing (again im comparing to my ranger, which was a v6 4.0, again not fair LOL) GAS MILEAGE AWESOME!!!"

Seems great so far

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "better gas mileage, easy to handle"

Cons: "slow pick-up"

"Ive only had the car for 6 months and so far it does seem to be good. It does a great job traveling on the road I live on especially in the winter. The only thing I'm not fond of is the sluggish transmission and slow pick up. But it does good on gas and gets where I need it to go. I also like the stability control, traction control, and 4wd combination."

very good vehicle for the price

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "great price, and drives well"

"this has been one of my favorite cars. good and reliable, great on gas and fits 5 people with no problem. in the 3yrs i have had this jeep i have had no problems with in. also good in the snow. and the service people are great. will buy another jeep without hesitation"

Excellent for cargo/ kids/ pets

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, cargo space, pleasant to drive"

Cons: "head rests not adjustable"

"I bought this car because I needed a car to transport my dogs to and from the lake, fishing, hiking, vacations, etc. I can fit 3 full size labs in the back, plus small luggage. It drives very easy - not at all truck-y like some SUVs. Very smooth like a car. Plus it's really nice looking. I catch myself checking out cars in parking lots and thinking, "wow, that's a nice looking car!" then when I get closer I see it's a Patriot like mine. Excellent gas mileage for the size. I feel safe in it, and it's less expensive than some comparable vehicles."

Perfect mom car

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "reliable, minimal upkeep, love my heated seats!!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"this car is incomparable in harsh weather, snow, sleet, whatever. I feel safe driving it anywhere with kids. It has all the capacity of a roomy suv as the seats fold easily, but minus the hassels of parking a large gas guzzler. Only minus is the Gas mileage is less than what I'd like it to be, otherwise, I LOVE my Jeep!!"

Great!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Great MPG, Latitude features turn it into a luxury"

Cons: "No heated back seats"

"It is a perfect settle for someone like me wanting the Grand Cherokee. You sacrifice a few luxury features, but they are put in differently with the Latitude X. Love this car!!!"

Great Value, Great Jeep!

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"This is a great compromise Jeep... with off-road capabilities, on-road comfort, top-class gas mileage, and real-world utility! First, it LOOKS like a Jeep is supposed to. Remember the old Cherokee? This is a slightly smaller and updated version. The interior is spartan, but with some nice touches on the Latitude line (leather wrap, chrome, etc) it is more than acceptable. A year of free SiriusXM is nice too! Wrangler people have gone on reluctant ride-alongs and have blurted "This is NICE!" and "I need one!" The Patriot's default 4x4 system is essentially an AWD system. You can watch Jeep's videos for an explanation how this works. ESP is a nice safety blanket as well. There is also a Low 4WD switch that turns this urban warrior into an off-road beast. Towing capacity is a bit weak for any category (especially for an SUV), so if hauling a large boat or trailer behind you is a necessity, this won't be your ride. I've used an Xcargo roof box with great results, however. The Patriot sits up high and gives you a nice sense of comfort and security. After a few months and 6000 miles of driving, I'm averaging 24 mpg. All-in-all a great value that should be heavily considered if you are in the market for a smaller SUV."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"When my wife and I were looking for vehicles, we needed a rugged vehicle capable of light towing, but with enough room for the occasional passenger or child. Even though the 2010 Jeep Patriot was the only vehicle that fit our needs and budget, we could not be happier with our purchase. The 2010 Jeep Patriot is very durable and, when the rear seats are folded down, has more storage room than you would think from looking at it from the outside. We have used our patriot to move everything from boxes of dishes to mulch and even tall filing cabinets. The only complaints we have (even though it isn't really a complaint, more of an observation) is that the seats are not luxuriously comfortable and there could be a little more room for the back seat. That being said, when we bought the 2010 Jeep Patriot, we knew it was not a luxury vehicle and we only have the occasional passenger for the back seats. My wife and I agree that, now that we own a Jeep, we never want to go back to anything else. The 2010 Jeep Patriot is a very well-designed vehicle and my wife and I are very pleased with our purchase."