2007 Jeep Patriot

8.2

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

My first SUV

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, quiet, stable, Roomy for big persons"

Cons: "Steering wheel takes a little getting used to."

"I love this Jeep. I wish I had purchased one sooner. Even though, I have FWD, I am navigating thru Minnesota snow and ice with ease. I feel safe and stable. And, I'm getting better gas mileage (avg. 24 city/hwy)than my car. I don't off-road, I'm a city dweller, but this vehicle is great for "off roading" mounds of snow, and rugged enough city streets. It's a quiet ride too. No wind draft or whistling on the highway. My only con is that the steering wheel isn't telescopic. I suffer from a little carpal tunnel, so I find myself constantly adjusting to get the fit just right. I'm going to trade this in a few years, but stay with the Jeep brand for sure."

Great introduction to the Jeep brand!!

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Jeep DNA all throughout, great intro to the brand"

Cons: "Spartan interior, mileage could be better"

2015 Jeep Patriot North Edition 4x4

"When it was time to retire our old vehicle, my wife and I looked around for something that would accommodate our family of four. Driving around in Downtown Toronto, we noticed a LOT of people driving around in Jeep Patriots. It certainly piqued my interest so I did a bit of research on the Internet. Knowing that it's pretty close to the end of its production cycle, I was thinking that all the kinks would have been worked out by now. We placed an order for a 2015 North Edition 4x4 and received it in 4 weeks, a couple of weeks earlier than anticipated. With winter just around the corner, I had the dealer install snow tires on steel rims. It's just been fantastic. It feels really solid, and IMHO great value for money. Certainly, it's a matter of preference. If you are looking for a driving experience with a lot of gadgetry, look elsewhere. If you're looking for plush interiors, perhaps you can consider the other Jeep models (the Patriot is rather spartan). However, if you are looking for something fun without all the distractions, relatively economical but still has traditional Jeep DNA, the Patriot is the way to go. A majority of owners seem to love their Jeep Patriots. I now consider myself one of them! My next vehicle will also be a Jeep!"

2015 Jeep Patriot North Edition 4x4

Bought 2015 patriot after owning the 2012

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Price and dependability -has traditional jeep look"

Cons: "On the smaller side"

"I just bought my second Jeep patriot (2015). I had a 2012 and was able to trade it in with a little over 53,000 for about the same payment. I put a lot of miles on my vehicles due to work and I really liked my 2012 Patriot. I looked at getting the new Cherokee but it's just not a jeep in my book. When I learned that the Patriots days are soon to be numbered, I just decided to go with another one since it's the last Jeep that has the semi-traditional Jeep look. The rest of their line now looks generic and like every other vehicle sold by car companies. Would love to see them bring back the old Cherokee look but I think it's gone for good."

Great little truck

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"Bought this little truck used with 7k miles in 2012 for $ 13000 two years later the trade in value is still at $10 647 and I only owe $7700 so I did ok at least I'm not upside down and it's holding it's value. It's a great truck (light truck) if you don't need speed or to much power I don't tow with it but in the 2 years I own it never gave me a problem. Thinking of getting rid of it for the liberty--- or I might keep it and pay it off. 26 MPG kinda noisy inside but all around a great little truck"

My first new car

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "great price gas mileage"

"Bought my Patriot in April 2014 and i love it! There have been lots of negative reviews from car magazines but i have nothing but love for my little SUV. Gas mileage is great and it has a very quiet ride when cruising on the highway. My Patriot will be around for many years to come!!"

Good little Jeep

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "MPG, looks like a Jeep, low tech"

Cons: "Cons on mine are available options on higher model"

"Own the bare bones, no frills base model. Manual Tranny, manual windows, manual locks. Great low tech vehicle. 30+ mpg, no problems yet. Surprising amount of interior space. Nice leg room"

The TIMEX of SUVs - Takes a lickin-keeps on tickin

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Great value. Simple to maintain. Always reliable."

Cons: "A tad noisey. Not as nimble or quick as a BMW."

"This is the TIMEX of Compact SUVs - It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. I have the 70th Anniversary Edition Version, so it has nicer trim - leather, floor mats, sound system, etc. At its core, however, it is a simple no-nonsense vehicle. The instruments and controls are simple, intuitive and all easy to access and operate. The seats are a bit thin on padding but not uncomfortable. Front and back seating are just fine for four. I compared this to a newer Ford Edge which seemed nicer, but was more cramped, but had a much busier, more confusing dash. And a much higher sticker. This proved to be reliable (bullet-proof!) transportation through the harshest Michigan winter in my 42 years of driving here. Would I prefer a BMW X1 or an Audi if I could afford one? Sure. Is this Jeep an incredible value for the money, and a vehicle I can count on anytime under any condition? Absolutely!!"

Great buy for my first New car ever!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Decent gas mileage, nice options, good 4wd"

Cons: "Key built into remote, Gauges could be improved."

"Jeep made an SUV affordable and with decent quality. Has every available needed options and is simple. Power windows, power locks and A/C. The only thing I would request if I could would be to make the keyless entry remote separate from the key and the Temp gauge separate from the mileage so you can see both at once. Otherwise this Jeep is spot on for a Great quality Low priced 4wd SUV"

Great vehicle for driving around town

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, great interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "No get up and go, no grab-bars."

"This vehicle has an awful transmission. The CVT sounds like it is screaming in pain when going up steep grades. Maintining the speed limit for long distance uphill driving is not possible. I must rent a car to go out of town. Only about 22 mpg; not so good for a 4 cylinder."

DO NOT BUY ANY YEAR PATRIOT WITH CVT TRANSMISSION!

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliability issues completely overshadow any Pros"

Cons: "Transmission is total junk and unsafe"

"I am the original owner of this vehicle. Yes it has 140k miles on it, but I was just told that I would have to have the transmission replaced for the 3RD TIME. Previous 2 replacements were under warranty, but replaced with 'rebuilt' transmissions w/ only 12-yr 12k mile warranty. Now Chrysler Jeep says they won't replace it because the defect is on an "external" part of the transmission without fluids. Was on freeway, trans temp light came on, and suddenly without warning computer took control of the car and abruptly slowed the car down to 40 MPH WITH TRAFFIC BEARING DOWN AT 70 - 80 MPH! This is a terribly unsafe 'safety' feature. Second opinion from transmission joint: "They shouldn't be selling these cars with these transmissions and they know it but continue to sell them anyways." Quoted $5k to replace transmission from 2nd party, $9k from the dealership. Car is only worth $3k. Will never buy anything from Chrysler again."