2012 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 236 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

I'm very pleased with this vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Very good ground clearance, handles great."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"This is our third Jeep, 2 GC prior to the Liberty. Our Liberty is the Trail Rated version. Very please with the way it handles off road and on snow and ice. We've haven't had any problem with the vehicle."

I love the way this jeep feels on and off road

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Jeep comfort and driveability"

"very comfortable,no bad blind spots, rides and handles great on and off road. owned 4 years and driven 68k, no problems except TPMS switch $$$$ over all love it!"

Enjoy driving the vehicle except ...

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Good reliable vehicle brand"

Cons: "The legroom width on Driver side."

"I have been driving Jeep brand vehicles for well over 18+ years. I love them. I haven't had any major mechanical issues with any of them. I began leasing Jeep's in late 1995 and have driven mainly the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, in 2011 after losing my job I switched to the Liberty as a money saving lease option. The main and probably only complaint I have about the Liberty is the driver side roominess. I am 6 feet tall and the drivers area has plenty of length to stretch the legs BUT, it's the width. At my height I have to place my left foot up against the door frame to keep it out of the way of the brake pedal. Several times when I first took the car out of the showroom I hit the brake pedal and my foot got in the way. I nearly hit cars stopped in front of me. It takes getting used to."

No more Jeep Vehicles for me

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor performance, terrible electronics"

"I swapped from a 2002 Liberty with 200,000 miles to the 2010. The performance of the 2010 versus the 2002 is dramatically worse. Acceleration for passing was non existent with the engine revving up to redline conditions and absolutely no increase in speed for several seconds... long enough to really make you overly concerned about being able to pass a vehicle at all. The famous U-Connect system was the absolute worst handsfree connection feature ever. I had to purchase an external mobile speaker in order to use handsfree while driving. The Universal Home-Link required 7 to 10 presses before it would work. The clock lost time everyday so that you were constantly resetting it. I usually put 180,000 to 200,000 miles on a vehicle, but after 44,000 miles, I had taken all I could and traded this pile of junk."

Cool Jeep

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Really Fun to drive,"

"I bought mine used and I'm hooked. It looks good and rides good. It drives like a truck, sits as high as the big ones, with an incredibly smooth and quiet ride. It has plenty of power to get on the highway with it's V6. My Artic edition is fully loaded to included CD/DVD/SAT, heated and memory seats, home link, auto dimming rear view mirror and much more. Don't buy if it's your only car or you don't like to buy gas or else you would be disappointed with the gas mileage. Remember this isn't a crossover but a Super hot truck at a decent price, others small SUV's don't compare. Ignore the experts, test drive one and see for yourself!"

Excellent and very reliable one owner vehicle.

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"This vehicle was purchased new by me in 2008. I live 1 mile from work, this vehicle has never been driven in rush hour traffic. This vehicle has a 30GB Hard drive that copies all your CD music for instant playing. It has a factory Navigation system with AM, FM, and Satellite radio. New tires and spare tire has never been used. It has front heated seats and AC outlet for charging computers and tablets."

Love my Liberty

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Moon roof,navigation"

"The perfect car for me. Comfortable seats. Back has ample room for three people comfortably. Great in bad weather--rain or snow!"

Exactly the vehicle for me.

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "performs perfectlly"

Cons: "no cruise control"

On the beach, Ocracoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina.

"I have used this Liberty for everything. It's very comfortable to travel in, or drive to work. The off road capabilities are amazing. I have taken it into deep sand, beach sand, mountain trails, extremely steep hills, and everything else. I use it to pull a boat and launch it, sometimes in extremely steep and slippery conditions. It has performed perfectly in all situations. This is just a great vehicle."

On the beach, Ocracoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina.

Becareful buying these

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

"Please be careful buying any jeep with the 3.7 or 4.7 liter engine. I bought what I thought was a very nice and loaded 2009 jeep liberty. I did a little research ,and didn't see anything pop out as far as major issues. I was wrong. Jeep has an issue with almost any and all of the 3.7 and 4.7 engines. The left bank cylinder head has a design flaw, and carbons up in under 30,000 miles and burns the valves requiring a $3,000 repair job. I bought this used at 59,000 miles ,and just after my 30 day warranty from a Toyota dealer, the left cylinder head needed replaced. As the the second owner of this jeep,the warranty is only 3 years or 36,00 miles. Not the usual 5 year,60,000 miles. If you do not believe me, Please Google jeep 3.7 and 4.7 cylinder head issues and cylinder miss fire issue. Please do this before you buy one. I ended up spending 4200.00 extra after it was all fixed!!!! Do not make the mistake I did. If you buy it new though, You have a warranty, So it doesnt matter. jeep will fix the issue for free. Please Google it!!!"

Love my Jeep Liberty!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, reliable, nice design"

Cons: ""Popping" sound when turning hard"

"I purchased my 2010 Jeep Liberty in January of 2014. I traded in a car that had no working heat, with 160k miles, and cracked heads. So, when I bought my Jeep, needless to say, I was on cloud nine. 3 months & 4 ice storms later, I still love my Jeep just as much! The 4wd was amazing during the winter. We had a few harsh ice storms and the ole Jeep never thought twice about it. It is very spacious and wonderful to take on trips. My only complaint about the Jeep is that it tends to make a "popping" noise when I cut it hard to the left or right, like trying to get in a tight parking spot. But, there's a chance it could just be something minor with my vehicle. Gas mileage is not bad at all. I drive 15 miles one way to work each day and 35 miles one way to church twice a week and I fill up once a week, normally for right at $50 (at about $3.20 per gallon). So you do the math there. I have no complaints at all with my gas mileage, considering it is a 4wd SUV. It is just my husband & I, so we don't regularly have anyone in our backseat, but when we do have extra people with us, they find the backseat comfortable and spacious. Another important thing to remember is that Jeeps hold their value really well! Highly recommend the Jeep Liberty."

Comfortable and reliable automobile

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable for driver, fun and nice looking."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"We have owned Jeeps for ever. We've found them to be reliable cars and also found them to be safe for our children as their first cars. We've never had any trouble with any of our Jeeps. I rate this Liberty as excellent. It looks great and is so comfortable and fun to drive."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Only routine maintenance. No engine problems."

Cons: "Keyless lock unreliable. Rear wiper broke."

"I absolutely love this vehicle! Reliable, tough and pretty. What more can you ask for? Yeah, it's a bumpy ride. It's a Jeep! Get over it! The navigation system is THE BEST I've ever used in ANY other vehicle. It finds everything! The keyless start is cool and I had fun scaring people with it. But, I had an intermittent problem with the keyless lock. The lock can unlock without pressing any buttons. I would sometimes return to my vehicle and find it unlocked. I have learned that this is not an uncommon issue with this model. I was lucky that no one ever stole anything but this is a flaw that could have been costly. Also, the rear wiper mechanism stopped working shortly after I bought it. I never paid to get it fixed but it would have been nice. Overall, I love this vehicle!"

Pros: "The car is virtually brand new."

"Though the car is a 2010 model year, it did not go into service until 2011. It literally has 3 months of original warranty left. You heard the story of the car the little old lady drove to church on sundays? My story is similar. The car was owned by my wife's 91 year old father. They live in Grand Haven, MI and he used it to drive around the lake front and to go grocery shopping...PERIOD!! Hence the reason it only has 14,500 miles. He just got too old for driving and we had to take the car away from him. The fact is I don't need the car as I already have two vehicles. One of which is a company car that I put all my millage on. The other just sits in the garage. So I just want to get rid of this car quickly, which is the reason I am selling it so cheap. If you want a jeep, and you want the best deal around, buy this before its gone."

I love my Jeep Liberty - so Nice Looking

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cons: "Good pick up but does not ride so good over 70"

"very happy with my car, touch screen, Bluetooth, etc"

good vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

I want this car

"I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty limited. I really have loved this vehicle. it currently has 78,000 miles on it and it still drives well. I am just needing a little more cargo space in the back. The 2012 Jeep Liberty has more cargo space and that is why I want to get it because of my family (1 8 month old)."

Never buy a different car

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"We call my liberty 2 things. 1. The tank, I was t-boned and the worst thing that happened was the door had to be replaced. We also call it the pig, cause it's made to roll in the dirt (which it does with style and grace and is so much fun) and the worst thing that will ever happen to you in this car in the snow is it will grunt a little when there's ice. I have the base model and there's nothing I can think of to make this car better, apparently there are though! I've driven many cars, trucks, suv's and I'll never buy anything other than a jeep ever again!"

Enjoyable to drive

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Great in snow, will go anywhere, classic jeep look"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, narrow front seets"

"This is not a cushy suv or cross-over. It is a real truck that can travel on the beach or through the snow."

Great Vehicle for active families

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Safe / Reliable / comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Windshield defrost / Gas Mileage / Luggage space"

"I've owned the Jeep Liberty for 2 years and it has been all I could ask for in a vehicle. I've had no mechanical problems and it can't be stopped in snow, ice, or mud. The interior is comfortable with great ergonomics. I've only found a couple negatives with this vehicle: 1) the defrost doesn't blow on the windshield, 2)My family has quickly outgrown it. It seems big enough, but there is very little cargo room in the back. Other than that, I absolutely love it."

This is my second Liberty - I just love them!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Drives well, dependable"

Cons: "Wish I could just heat my back, not seat and back"

"This is the second Liberty that I owned. I love the style of the vehicle, the way it handles. It is easy to drive, goes in the snow and is the perfect size for me and my kids (7 and 5)."

Excellent handling in awful snow and ice

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "4-wheel drive handling, safety, roomy&comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage; occasionally sluggish acceleration"

"Jeep Liberty (and previously Cherokee) has been a solid, safe, reliable car. This is my third Jeep, and I plan to keep it as long as possible. Love the Liberty body, ride, and the four-wheel drive and ABS in bad weather. The only drawback has been the overall gas mileage, typical of an SUV, and the acceleration is occasionally sluggish in a turn, at the start of operation. Great capacity for hauling stuff from garden centers. Handles addition of rear bike racks well."

This is my second Jeep Liberty.

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Solid, quiet, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "MPG not so good but it's a utility vehicle."

"I just bought a 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD from Carmax in White Marsh Maryland yesterday---Jan. 20, 2014. This is my second Liberty. My wife has a 2005 Jeep Liberty with 144,000 miles on it and it still runs great, no major problems at all, ever. So we researched the Liberty on line and saw that most gave the 2011 an excellent rating. Checked for one and found it at Carmax. Very impressed with the test drive. Vehicle feels so solid and is very quiet and comfortable to drive. Has 20,700 miles on it and was a "fleet" vehicle. Looking forward to driving it for many years to come."

You Can't Beat the Original

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Goes anywhere; sturdy; dependable; my dogs love it"

Cons: "About 20 MPG, but I didn't buy it for the mileage"

"Some version of this truck has been made every year since 1941. This is the 4WD that chased the Germans from the coast of Normandy all the way back to the Elbe River. I figured after 69 years Jeep would have worked the kinks out. My Liberty goes anywhere: up a sandy road in the Pine Barrens near my house, down onto the beach in the winter, and anywhere it wants to in the snow. I'm part of a small firm. We don't close for snow. It matters if I'm there working or not. And now I don't have to fret anymore when I see the forecast. I wanted real 4WD, not AWD. I had a Toyota RAV4 that wasn't much use in more than 3 inches of snow. I use the 4WD more than I ever realized I would and sometimes in the oddest circumstances. Once I pulled off the road near a cedar creek to order Chinese take out, and only when I went to leave did I realize I was in 4 inches of sand. 4 wheel low and I was outta there. I didn't think of it before I bought the thing, but 4WD is also dead useful in heavy, heavy rain when the roads flood. All of that said, look, this is a boxy, high truck. It rides like a truck. It corners like a truck. And the interior is dated. It's a Jeep. If you want fancy, go get a shiny AWD mom-van. If you want the real deal, get a Jeep."

Good, dependable Jeep. No problems in 50000 miles

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle for all driving conditions."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"Have enjoyed this vehicle. Very easy and comfortable for highway driving and the Sky-slider top is great for warm weather -- especially when you are driving on secondary roads in scenic areas. Better than a convertible because you have much less wind. Off-road capabilities are good, especially once the original tires were replaced with a more aggressively-treaded tire. Have had no mechanical problems or recalls -- pretty unusual based on experience with other vehicles. The only downside is the gas mileage which runs around 15 mpg in local driving and 24 mpg on the highway."