2012 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 232 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Cool Jeep

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Really Fun to drive,"

"I bought mine used and I'm hooked. It looks good and rides good. It drives like a truck, sits as high as the big ones, with an incredibly smooth and quiet ride. It has plenty of power to get on the highway with it's V6. My Artic edition is fully loaded to included CD/DVD/SAT, heated and memory seats, home link, auto dimming rear view mirror and much more. Don't buy if it's your only car or you don't like to buy gas or else you would be disappointed with the gas mileage. Remember this isn't a crossover but a Super hot truck at a decent price, others small SUV's don't compare. Ignore the experts, test drive one and see for yourself!"

Excellent and very reliable one owner vehicle.

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"This vehicle was purchased new by me in 2008. I live 1 mile from work, this vehicle has never been driven in rush hour traffic. This vehicle has a 30GB Hard drive that copies all your CD music for instant playing. It has a factory Navigation system with AM, FM, and Satellite radio. New tires and spare tire has never been used. It has front heated seats and AC outlet for charging computers and tablets."

Love my Liberty

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Moon roof,navigation"

"The perfect car for me. Comfortable seats. Back has ample room for three people comfortably. Great in bad weather--rain or snow!"

Exactly the vehicle for me.

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "performs perfectlly"

Cons: "no cruise control"

On the beach, Ocracoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina.

"I have used this Liberty for everything. It's very comfortable to travel in, or drive to work. The off road capabilities are amazing. I have taken it into deep sand, beach sand, mountain trails, extremely steep hills, and everything else. I use it to pull a boat and launch it, sometimes in extremely steep and slippery conditions. It has performed perfectly in all situations. This is just a great vehicle."

On the beach, Ocracoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina.

Becareful buying these

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

"Please be careful buying any jeep with the 3.7 or 4.7 liter engine. I bought what I thought was a very nice and loaded 2009 jeep liberty. I did a little research ,and didn't see anything pop out as far as major issues. I was wrong. Jeep has an issue with almost any and all of the 3.7 and 4.7 engines. The left bank cylinder head has a design flaw, and carbons up in under 30,000 miles and burns the valves requiring a $3,000 repair job. I bought this used at 59,000 miles ,and just after my 30 day warranty from a Toyota dealer, the left cylinder head needed replaced. As the the second owner of this jeep,the warranty is only 3 years or 36,00 miles. Not the usual 5 year,60,000 miles. If you do not believe me, Please Google jeep 3.7 and 4.7 cylinder head issues and cylinder miss fire issue. Please do this before you buy one. I ended up spending 4200.00 extra after it was all fixed!!!! Do not make the mistake I did. If you buy it new though, You have a warranty, So it doesnt matter. jeep will fix the issue for free. Please Google it!!!"

Love my Jeep Liberty!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, reliable, nice design"

Cons: ""Popping" sound when turning hard"

"I purchased my 2010 Jeep Liberty in January of 2014. I traded in a car that had no working heat, with 160k miles, and cracked heads. So, when I bought my Jeep, needless to say, I was on cloud nine. 3 months & 4 ice storms later, I still love my Jeep just as much! The 4wd was amazing during the winter. We had a few harsh ice storms and the ole Jeep never thought twice about it. It is very spacious and wonderful to take on trips. My only complaint about the Jeep is that it tends to make a "popping" noise when I cut it hard to the left or right, like trying to get in a tight parking spot. But, there's a chance it could just be something minor with my vehicle. Gas mileage is not bad at all. I drive 15 miles one way to work each day and 35 miles one way to church twice a week and I fill up once a week, normally for right at $50 (at about $3.20 per gallon). So you do the math there. I have no complaints at all with my gas mileage, considering it is a 4wd SUV. It is just my husband & I, so we don't regularly have anyone in our backseat, but when we do have extra people with us, they find the backseat comfortable and spacious. Another important thing to remember is that Jeeps hold their value really well! Highly recommend the Jeep Liberty."

Comfortable and reliable automobile

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable for driver, fun and nice looking."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"We have owned Jeeps for ever. We've found them to be reliable cars and also found them to be safe for our children as their first cars. We've never had any trouble with any of our Jeeps. I rate this Liberty as excellent. It looks great and is so comfortable and fun to drive."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Only routine maintenance. No engine problems."

Cons: "Keyless lock unreliable. Rear wiper broke."

"I absolutely love this vehicle! Reliable, tough and pretty. What more can you ask for? Yeah, it's a bumpy ride. It's a Jeep! Get over it! The navigation system is THE BEST I've ever used in ANY other vehicle. It finds everything! The keyless start is cool and I had fun scaring people with it. But, I had an intermittent problem with the keyless lock. The lock can unlock without pressing any buttons. I would sometimes return to my vehicle and find it unlocked. I have learned that this is not an uncommon issue with this model. I was lucky that no one ever stole anything but this is a flaw that could have been costly. Also, the rear wiper mechanism stopped working shortly after I bought it. I never paid to get it fixed but it would have been nice. Overall, I love this vehicle!"

2010 That didn't go into service until 2011

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "The car is virtually brand new."

"Though the car is a 2010 model year, it did not go into service until 2011. It literally has 3 months of original warranty left. You heard the story of the car the little old lady drove to church on sundays? My story is similar. The car was owned by my wife's 91 year old father. They live in Grand Haven, MI and he used it to drive around the lake front and to go grocery shopping...PERIOD!! Hence the reason it only has 14,500 miles. He just got too old for driving and we had to take the car away from him. The fact is I don't need the car as I already have two vehicles. One of which is a company car that I put all my millage on. The other just sits in the garage. So I just want to get rid of this car quickly, which is the reason I am selling it so cheap. If you want a jeep, and you want the best deal around, buy this before its gone."

2010 That didn't go into service until 2011

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "The car is virtually brand new."