2012 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 252 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Form Follows Function

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "You get exactly what you pay for!"

Cons: "You get exactly what you pay for!"

"Bought this car to keep me safe going over snowy mountain passes during winter in Oregon. Heavy vehicle! Makes me worry about what would happen to "the other guy," should an accident occur. Definitely NOT eco-friendly, as it usually gets around 14.1 MPG. An "eco" light appears when the rig is driving more economically, which means my foot is off the gas or I am at a maintained speed, even if going 75-80 mph! Ridiculous! Extremely comfortable interior, especially the heated leather seats! Great looking, although quite "chunky," yet a bumper sticker I once saw on a Jeep applies: "Aerodynamics are overrated!" Ha, ha!"

most dependable vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "handles easily, agility & turning radius excellent"

Cons: "mpg not the best"

"I purchased this vehicle new. It is still tight and the ride still makes me feel secure in all types of weather. Unlike my previous vehicles, my Jeep does not hydroplane in heavy rains. The torque from this six cylinder still amazes me and has no problem with pulling a boat trailer out of the landing (I've seen the big boys embarrassed look when their V8's struggle to do what my Jeep so easily does). I am pretty confident that the longevity of my Jeep will easily surpass any of the previous vehicles I have owned, domestic and or foreign. My Jeep is just as comfortable with in town driving as it is with cruising 80 mph on the freeway. It hugs the road, no vibrations, wind noise, and handles just as comfortably at 80 as at 40 mph. My Jeep is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Came back to a Liberty

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Good visiblity, solid, quiet ride, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I owned a 2002 Liberty and traded it in 2013 on a 2014 Mazda CX5. The Mazda had 27 MPG and handled well on the road. But, was not comfortable, had lots of road noise and other features that weren't up to par. I found a 2012 Liberty with low miles and I hope it proves to be as good as my 2002. The Jeep is solid, quiet on the road, handles well, seats are more comfortable than the Mazda and the sound system is much better in the Bose in the Mazda. The Jeep is also easier to see out of so that makes it safer on the road, you are less likely to not see a car coming! The only real tradeoff is MPG. I also like that the Jeep is 4WD not AWD. I like feeling my 4WD engage. If I love it as much as I loved my 2002, I'll be a very happy purchaser!"

best of the liberty era

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

"I had absolutely no problems with this vehicle. It was ordered with every valuable option available in April 2011. (wasn't a fan of the sky slider so i got the moon roof) Serviced only when required i.e. when the change oil warning prompted. (Use synthetic) Performed flawlessly in snow, icy and hot summer road conditions (got 4 michelin primacy mx4, REMARKABLE!). Didn't care much for 1. Gas mileage was City: 16mpg; Hwy: 22mpg ( The 3.7L eng mated to a 4speed trans seems to think its a V8 :) 2. Absence of a back up camera Buying points: 1. The Uconnect head unit was a trailblazer for the others that followed - very responsive. 2. Selec trac 4wd 3. Classic Style (reminiscent of original cherokee) 4. 5000lbs hitch 5. Premium wheels 18" 6. Remote start 7. Climate control I was reluctant to sell but needed a truck."

Do NOT buy one with a "sky slider" roof

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "good 4x4?"

Cons: "lack of company required recall"

"Everything else you can figure out with some test drives, photos, and generic reviews... what Jeep refuses to announce is that the Sky Slider roof has a severe design flaw which basically guarantees the roof will mechanically fail and either be stuck open or stuck shut destroying the value of the vehicle and making it basically impossible to drive. And since it's a hundreds for a mechanic just to look at it and a LOT more to fix sticking you with a monthly bill for the life of your loan on a vehicle that you'll be unable to sell without throwing thousands of your own money into the mix"