2012 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 242 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Capable off-road vehicle. Fair to poor mpg.

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

"It will go nearly anywhere in nearly any type of weather. Those who complain about the 21 mpg should try driving a Prius in the woods. Haven't had a problem with the vehicle since new (almost 4 years ago). Jeeps are the only way to go in northern Wisconsin."

I was expecting more from Jeep product

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Great Price as a leftover"

Cons: "Too many minor issues, and no updates on the dash"

"I take car of all my cars for exception of all my fishing stuff I keep in the rear, but otherwise keep up with all service needs as required. But I got really annoyed at the little things that began to go wrong after only a few years. For example, the rear brak cover plastic started to get water in it eventually shorting out the brak light on one side, the lighter holder kept falling out of the dash almost immediately after plugging my phone into occassionally. The door window seals must Hve allowed window to leak wter causing window to slide down no longer operable by the electric window motor. That cost about $700 to fix which required n entire door assembly. The in bord computer went just under 60,000 miles. Expensive to fix. One of the brake locked up causing the wheel rotors nd lol other parts of the wheel to be replaced again t round 56,000 (just after warranty...go figure). Though I like th way the jeep handles in snow in 4 wheel drive, and I. Various rugged conditions, I'm not sure I'd buy another one despite their reputation. Too many Nicole and dime service issues."

Not worth the Cost, Bad Mileage

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Pretty vehicle"

Cons: "Minor problems often, with very poor gas mileage."

"Bought this Jeep Liberty brand new. Off the lot its a nice SUV. Mileage is another thing. I gave it some time as suggested waiting for the mileage to even out. Off the lot and ever since it averages about 17 mpg. Very bad for this type of vehicle. There is nothing dynamic about the vehicle to cause such low gas mileage. It is well maintained and nice. I have had issues such as the following. When I started the vehicle, the windshield wipers would automatically come on. The seats seem to be coming unstable, after just 2 short years of driving. The heater along the floor went out, but still worked through the vents. Although, they seem like minor problems these are things that tie up work days to get fixed. The mileage will never be fixed, and has not lived up to paperwork stats as far as getting around 21 mpg. You will be at the pumps often with this vehicle."

my first jeep

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "4x4 fully loaded for a reasonable price"

Cons: "tire wear, fishtelly in snow"

"I did a ton of research before buying any vehicle because I have a beater car. I knew I was looking for a 4wd that got around 20 mpg. We get a good amount of snow where I live and I always have to go to work in it. I looked at all kinds of jeeps and other name brands before I came across the jeep I bought. Be patient while buying one of these because some dealers have them way over priced and are trying to get you for every penny. This website said I should pay about 18 thousand for the fully loaded 09 jeep I bought. At the end of the day I only paid 15,500. It does drive a little more off roady then some other suv or cross overs I drove in the search for my new 4x4.One of the things I read about is the front tires wear easy which the dealer also told me. I have yet to use it in the snow which was what made me most nervous about this jeep is that most consumers say it can get fishtelly in the snow. that I will update you on but for now it has been a great jeep."

My 7th Jeep. An excellent vehicle.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Best Jeep I ever bought. I have the tow package and it can haul, this Jeep is mighty with great gas mileage and excellent in the snow and great city driving as well. Hightly recommend!"