2011 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Came back to a Liberty

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Good visiblity, solid, quiet ride, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I owned a 2002 Liberty and traded it in 2013 on a 2014 Mazda CX5. The Mazda had 27 MPG and handled well on the road. But, was not comfortable, had lots of road noise and other features that weren't up to par. I found a 2012 Liberty with low miles and I hope it proves to be as good as my 2002. The Jeep is solid, quiet on the road, handles well, seats are more comfortable than the Mazda and the sound system is much better in the Bose in the Mazda. The Jeep is also easier to see out of so that makes it safer on the road, you are less likely to not see a car coming! The only real tradeoff is MPG. I also like that the Jeep is 4WD not AWD. I like feeling my 4WD engage. If I love it as much as I loved my 2002, I'll be a very happy purchaser!"

Solid Performer

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I bought mine when they first came out and it has been a great vehicle. Very dependable, stylish and comfortable. It handles great. I have not reset the mileage calculator since I bought it over 2 years ago and in that time, I have averaged 21.4 miles per gallon. That includes highway and city driving. The people on here who state they get like 15 to 17 on the highway are either crazy or driving 100 mph up hill. I also can not believe the comments about the poor handling in snow. I live in western New York where we get about 100 inches each winter and the Liberty is unstoppable- a true Jeep. All in all- a GREAT SUV!!"

Comfortable and reliable automobile

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable for driver, fun and nice looking."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"We have owned Jeeps for ever. We've found them to be reliable cars and also found them to be safe for our children as their first cars. We've never had any trouble with any of our Jeeps. I rate this Liberty as excellent. It looks great and is so comfortable and fun to drive."

2010 That didn't go into service until 2011

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "The car is virtually brand new."

"Though the car is a 2010 model year, it did not go into service until 2011. It literally has 3 months of original warranty left. You heard the story of the car the little old lady drove to church on sundays? My story is similar. The car was owned by my wife's 91 year old father. They live in Grand Haven, MI and he used it to drive around the lake front and to go grocery shopping...PERIOD!! Hence the reason it only has 14,500 miles. He just got too old for driving and we had to take the car away from him. The fact is I don't need the car as I already have two vehicles. One of which is a company car that I put all my millage on. The other just sits in the garage. So I just want to get rid of this car quickly, which is the reason I am selling it so cheap. If you want a jeep, and you want the best deal around, buy this before its gone."

Good, dependable Jeep. No problems in 50000 miles

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle for all driving conditions."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"Have enjoyed this vehicle. Very easy and comfortable for highway driving and the Sky-slider top is great for warm weather -- especially when you are driving on secondary roads in scenic areas. Better than a convertible because you have much less wind. Off-road capabilities are good, especially once the original tires were replaced with a more aggressively-treaded tire. Have had no mechanical problems or recalls -- pretty unusual based on experience with other vehicles. The only downside is the gas mileage which runs around 15 mpg in local driving and 24 mpg on the highway."