2011 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 256 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Solid Reliable Jeep

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Low cost to buy, 4x4 capability, reliable"

Cons: "Lack of horsepower"

"I have owned 1 Cherokee, 2 Grand Cherokee and 2 Liberty models. This Jeep (I have had for almost 5 years) meets my expectations with only one downside that it is a little underpowered in my opinion. It is a very reliable car and it does everything well. 4x4 use in snow and ice is excellent. I am never concerned about ground clearance. Comfortable inside and easy to maintain."

my 4th jeep and loved them all

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Strong, safe, fun, durable, American made (sort of"

Cons: "Heater is 'iffy' in cold country"

"Jeeps are durable and easy on maintenance. Either you love 'em or hate 'em. They have their quirks...mostly cabin noise, top heavy, not great gas mileage, no luxury ride. But dang! My 2008 Liberty is 2wd six speed stick with no options except basic standard ones, radio, a/c, power windows and locks. It goes anywhere and looks good doing it. Wouldn't recommend towing a heavy trailer, light towing is good. Been off road gold prospecting and didn't think twice about it. Rides high and safe/solid and I can wash it and take it to the golf course. Expect a life span of 300,000 miles with reasonable care. May need a new clutch at 150,000 miles. Looks brand new and it's 5 years old so no rust or body problems, Florida salt air and off road about 15% of it's life so far. Step daughter liked mine and bought three already (Wrangler type) and wife just bought a Grand Cherokee. Two friends bought Libertys after seeing mine."

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, great mileage for a suv"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought this car to replace my older one, and I absolutely love this car! It has everything I wanted and more! And not to mention the color selection Jeep has for the Liberties is amazing!"

Love my Liberty

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "strong like a tank but light like a car"

Cons: "gas milage is a bit hard on the wallet."

"Love my Jeep. Strong, sturdy and reliable. Keep up with regular maintenance and this is a great vehicle. So far, I've changed the oil (when required), new tires two years ago, and new brakes"

Came back to a Liberty

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Good visiblity, solid, quiet ride, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I owned a 2002 Liberty and traded it in 2013 on a 2014 Mazda CX5. The Mazda had 27 MPG and handled well on the road. But, was not comfortable, had lots of road noise and other features that weren't up to par. I found a 2012 Liberty with low miles and I hope it proves to be as good as my 2002. The Jeep is solid, quiet on the road, handles well, seats are more comfortable than the Mazda and the sound system is much better in the Bose in the Mazda. The Jeep is also easier to see out of so that makes it safer on the road, you are less likely to not see a car coming! The only real tradeoff is MPG. I also like that the Jeep is 4WD not AWD. I like feeling my 4WD engage. If I love it as much as I loved my 2002, I'll be a very happy purchaser!"

Reliable highway vehicle

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "fair price comfortable to drive"

Cons: "not good for off road"

"This has been a reliable vehicle for highway driving. When driving off road it is fine as long as the road isn't at at a steep incline. For some reason the transmission light will always come on. I have taken back to the dealers shop and they have never been able to find whats wrong with it. The slider roof has been a problem. It has leaked and they replaced the motor and made it suck down to the vehicle closer but it still will leak on occasion."

Solid Performer

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I bought mine when they first came out and it has been a great vehicle. Very dependable, stylish and comfortable. It handles great. I have not reset the mileage calculator since I bought it over 2 years ago and in that time, I have averaged 21.4 miles per gallon. That includes highway and city driving. The people on here who state they get like 15 to 17 on the highway are either crazy or driving 100 mph up hill. I also can not believe the comments about the poor handling in snow. I live in western New York where we get about 100 inches each winter and the Liberty is unstoppable- a true Jeep. All in all- a GREAT SUV!!"

jeep is my third car. Ready to sell.

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "blue book value $13,002 Trade in $11,923."

"great shape. Loaded, never repaired other than battery, tires, and oilchanges. 3rd car. Time to go now that I a retired"

Comfortable and reliable automobile

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable for driver, fun and nice looking."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"We have owned Jeeps for ever. We've found them to be reliable cars and also found them to be safe for our children as their first cars. We've never had any trouble with any of our Jeeps. I rate this Liberty as excellent. It looks great and is so comfortable and fun to drive."

2010 That didn't go into service until 2011

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "The car is virtually brand new."

"Though the car is a 2010 model year, it did not go into service until 2011. It literally has 3 months of original warranty left. You heard the story of the car the little old lady drove to church on sundays? My story is similar. The car was owned by my wife's 91 year old father. They live in Grand Haven, MI and he used it to drive around the lake front and to go grocery shopping...PERIOD!! Hence the reason it only has 14,500 miles. He just got too old for driving and we had to take the car away from him. The fact is I don't need the car as I already have two vehicles. One of which is a company car that I put all my millage on. The other just sits in the garage. So I just want to get rid of this car quickly, which is the reason I am selling it so cheap. If you want a jeep, and you want the best deal around, buy this before its gone."

Good, dependable Jeep. No problems in 50000 miles

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle for all driving conditions."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"Have enjoyed this vehicle. Very easy and comfortable for highway driving and the Sky-slider top is great for warm weather -- especially when you are driving on secondary roads in scenic areas. Better than a convertible because you have much less wind. Off-road capabilities are good, especially once the original tires were replaced with a more aggressively-treaded tire. Have had no mechanical problems or recalls -- pretty unusual based on experience with other vehicles. The only downside is the gas mileage which runs around 15 mpg in local driving and 24 mpg on the highway."

I love my Jeep

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

"About the only thing I don't care about is the gas mileage, I don't feel it get's what I expect although I have had people tell me that it's good. I love the style of the Jeep and color, it handles well and the 4 wheel drive is the best in the snow and sandy areas."

Very practical vehicle.

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

"Rear-wheel drive was important to us plus being up off the road for better visibility. No more front wheel drive vehicles for us. This is our forth new jeep in a row. All of them have been trouble free and very dependable for my wife and for me so we bought Jeep again. The 4X4 drive system is a requirement where we live in Vermont and it is very capable all season vehicle. It has a comfortable ride with great handling characteristics making it a pleasure to go anywhere regardless of weather conditions."

Keeping my '99 Cherokee Sport but.....

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Works hard, plays harder. Front passenger comfort."

Cons: "Rear leg room. Driver blind spot;front passenger"

"My 2011 Liberty steals the show whether I'm in a business suit, church suit, sweat suit, or mud. Inside, out, top and bottom, after six months, this brand and model delivers what it promised."

New car, but in shop twice

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Looks good from the outside."

Cons: "Time consuming when having to take it to the deale"

"My husband and I thought with newer technology that this car would be reliable. Our Jeep is brand new, leather seats, chrome detail, etc. Obviously, this car only looks good from the outside, but not at all reliable on the inside. The first thing we noticed was that the jeep took several tries to start. It needed a new fuel pump. (This jeep only has 7000 miles on it so far). Next the power window was making noise. Now, we did not use the windows much due to very hot weather this year. Next, after receiving the jeep back from the dealer, four days later the engine light goes off again. Good thing we bought the lifetime warranty. I would feel bad for the consumer that did not buy that package."

I AM a Jeep Woman

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "I never worry about not being able to get anywhere"

Cons: "Not great gas milage but it's a trade-off"

Nothing can stop my Jeep. She started right up and I drove out.

"This is my 4th Jeep in 12 years. And the best so far. I love the little extras like the household electrical outlet, convenient cup holders and secret compartment on the dashboard. The glove compartment is really deep but easily accessible."

Nothing can stop my Jeep. She started right up and I drove out.

BEST For ME

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Traditional Jeep Like Traits - Very Nice Options,"

Cons: "A Little Pricey, need an basic off road package"

"This isn’t my first Liberty; however I did test other similar vehicles to compare and preferred the 2012 liberty. It’s a tougher platform and more savvy off road. Most SUVs at this level are usually for urban areas. Some of us need more of a real SUV and since they took our beloved Jeep XJ Cherokee away, this is a good stand in. I suggest you test drive other vehicles of course but definitely make time to check it out ."

PERFECT

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and see all around vehicle"

Cons: "ground clearance, could use couple more inches"

"this vehicle is perfect in power, looks, capacity, over all driving and almost no blind spots. drives like a big car, capable of all terrain. 2wd is great in snow up to bout 5 inches, then 4wd is awesome. only con with this truck is clearance, could use couple more inches."

responsible buy

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "GAS MILAGE 19 MPG CITY HIGHWAY 24MPG"

Cons: "THE TIRES ARE GENERIC"

"PROS, GAS MILAGE 19 MPG CITY HIGHWAY 24MPG, LOTS OF SPACE INSIDE. lOVE THE CENTER ARMREST PLENTY OF SPACE. CONS THE WINDOW WIPERS ARE JUNK FROM FACTORY(i CALLED AND THEY OFFERED TO REPLACE THEM) THEY DONT GIVE A MANUAL WITH THE VEHICLE YOU HAVE TO BEG FOR ONE, THE TIRES ARE GENERIC, I WISH I HAD GOTTTEN LEATHER AND ELECTRIC SEATS, I HAVE CLOTH AND SOMEHOW I HAVE A SNAG ALREADY. BUT FOR THE BUCK OVERALL ITS A GOOD DEAL, OH YEA ONE MORE PRO THE WARRANTY THEY HAVE THE BEST ONE ON DRIVE TRAIN."

Great Jeep

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Goes anywhere and fun to drive"

Cons: "Poorly supportive seats, especially in the back."

"This Liberty Sport 4x4 has taken us from the top of mountains to way out into the desert. Never fails. Upgraded the headlight bulbs as Jeep has the same problem of all MOPAR autos...the standard headlights are weak. We put in a Panasonic Nav/DVD/Stereo which puts out the sound we need and finishes the car off for us."

5th jeep, 2nd liberty

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "goes anywhere, does everything, tows anything"

Cons: "gas mileage fair."

"perfect do-everything vehicle; tows my 4000lb boat over sand and uphill. looks great. nav and sound are excellent. i have driven cross country with a kayak on top and slept in the back. drove up the jeep trails in sedona ahead of the tour-jeeps, but with a/c on. living in the northeast, i love the heated seats and remote start. gas mileage is just fair; 22 mpg at best on highway. ride is a little rolly laterally."

Great Vechicle

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

"never had any problems, easy and comfy!"

Fun to drive!

By on Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy, comfortable, easy to clean"

Cons: "gas mileage, reliability, Jeep customer service"

Right before leaving the lot- brand new!

"We've had our new Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 for a little less than a year. We really loved the idea of purchasing an American made vehicle and wanted something that would be comfortable for long distance traveling with our two huskies. Unfortunately, we started having problems within the first 35 miles...on our way home from the dealer! Long story short, we've had it in the shop nearly ten times already for repairs/unscheduled service. We had the airbag cover replaced (was coming apart from the dash), heater repaired (the heat automatically turned on full blast on the drivers feet and wouldn't turn off- we literally had to pull over to let our feet cool off during drives until we could get it to the shop), the engine light and airbag lights continually came on and the dealer said they couldn't determine the problem- this happened a half a dozen times, and most recently we had to have the valves replaced in the engine- again, engine light came on and engine began running rough. In addition, we had to take it in for a recall only to find out when we went to pick it up that they made a mistake and the recall didn't affect our vehicle (the recall notice came from Jeep directly). Unfortunately, I would never be able to justify another Jeep purchase. I love driving it when it's not in the shop!"

Right before leaving the lot- brand new!

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I love my liberty. This has been the best vehicle. My only complaint has been the radio. We've got the nav/handsfree/dvd radio and for some reason we've had massive issues with it. The dealership has replaced it once. Even the new one won't keep my Satalite presets (AM/FM are fine). Even with that, I still love this car. It's comfortable for me and our 4 month old, but I can pack the whole family (including the 2 dogs) and still go."

sporty

By on Monday, March 01, 2010

"bought my jeep in Dec 08 no problems,drove it to Fl. twice getting 23mpg ,very comfortable and fun to drive"