2010 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

By on Friday, December 04, 2009

By on Sunday, November 29, 2009

I love this vehicle

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"This vehicle is my first Jeep and SUV. I am convinced I will be a life long Jeep owner. It is extremely comfortable to drive. The interior compartment is perfect for my 5'2" frame. It has been super dependable, even off road. I have hauled everything from band equipment, to yard brush, and teenagers. It's been a super vehicle on long trips. I simply wish the mileage was a bit higher."

" Great SUV for its price "

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"I recently got this about a year ago, in the month of December and had the luxury of driving it off the lot on the day of Boston's big snow storm for the year. Its safe reliable, the gas economy isn't as bad as some say, its very dependent on the driver. Its comfortable and the size is perfect. I'm a very small person and I can get into my car relatively well, though I'm sad they took out the window bars to help you get in faster! The trunk space is huge. I actually like the small space near the dashboard its cozy and less dusty at the end of the month. The only thing they should think about improving in the future is the leg room for the passenger side of the car. The back is incredibly comfortable but the passenger side is a bit narrow."

Not happy

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"I purchased a 08 limited. at the end of 2007 it now has 24000 miles I 've had it for almost two yrs and Im ready to trade it in. The blower motor went out at 8k and it took the dealer 3 times to fix the problem, now I need to take it back for the same problem. I get about 13MPG city and18MPG hwy and thats when I use my cruise control, set at 65. I have the tow pck but this is not a good vehicle for towing. As far as driving in the snow it handles very well. This is an over priced SUV and I do not recommend buying this vehicle"

A great small SUV

By on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"I have continually been complimented on this vehicle by co-workers and friends, I have had it for two years and it is reliable with ample space for my needs. I would and have recommended the Liberty to others."

Perfect for me

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"I need a 4 x 4 to get near my house in snow. The Liberty rides more smooth than a Wrangler, quieter and has more available creature comforts. My Liberty has leather interior, factory remote start and a power fold back roof so it nearly a convertible. I looked at the Commanders but the Liberty had the same size engine in a smaller car. I owned an 07 Liberty and I wasn't very attached to it, it seemed to have a laundry list of small problems. The 08 is wider and longer. The power roof was the main selling point for me. I am a big tall man. I have all the head and leg room I need, I want to keep this car for a while."

By on Saturday, October 03, 2009

"This is my 4th car, my 2nd jeep and it is fantastic. Very stylish and comfortable yet reliable. A wonderful purchase and would recommend it to anyone. I strongly suggest the limited with the sky slider, it is amazing!!!"

first new vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"i love my 2008 liberty its my first new car ever i love it it turns heads every where so stylish and a real suv fuel econmy is a concern but i fill my gas tank for 45 dollars some others cost 65 bucks tow package shouldnt be an option so far so good i bought american cause its easier to find anything you need for a good price not like german or japenese cars you need to search hard some points chrysler shoud consider to make it the best suv in the us 1. more fuel efficent enigines 2.a leather touch on the interior 3.in dash cup holders 4.chrome door handels and the mirrors soud be same as vehicle colour 5.six speed automatic transmission i highly recommend this vehicle to every body who is looking for a real suv and its an american car chrysler is getting back on the right track which its a good thing for jeep lovers this car is very quit on the highway i drove 100 miles /hour very smooth ride"

By on Saturday, September 05, 2009

Happy owner

By on Friday, September 04, 2009

"The vehicle I own is a 2008 6 speed manual 2 WD with some upgrades: cruise, air, CD, temp display, window tint. I love driving the vehicle and have had no problems. I've put over 7,000 miles on it since purchasing it in April. The 3.7 L seemed a little underpowered at first, but I was trying to drive in 5th / 6th gear too much and keeping RPMs too low. It has plenty of passing power in 4th. We drove from GA to MN & back last month and the vehicle was very comfortable, surprisingly quiet for a Jeep. I put an aftermarket hitch on it and can tow about 3,500 lbs. I've used it to haul mulch and furniture around town. Again, staying in 4th it has plenty of power. We bought Hidden Hitch and found it easy to install, but it takes two people to get it bolted in place. Now for a few complaints The pushbutton for opening the rear window falls out occasionally. Also, the rear wiper does not sit tightly on the glass. To be fair, I've not taken it to a dealer to have either problem fixed. Gas mileage is not great. I haven't done the math for the MN trip, but around town I've been getting about 17.5 MPG. But we bought this for light towing and camping, not long trips. We took a vintage canoe to MN and ultimately could not use the roof racks. There is only a 3 1/2 foot span front to back and the rack sits well back of the vehicle midline. That is no good for a 17 foot canoe. Most other rack loads - kayaks, skiis, clamshells - should be fine. All in all I'm a happy owner. I wanted an SUV like vehicle with some towing capacity at an economical price - more than a small pickup but less than a Ford Exploder or similar. The Liberty was very reasonably priced and is performing as expected."

Still Love My Jeep!!!

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"I bought my Jeep in October 2007 brand new when they first came out-and it has been a great experience. I have had it for 2 years when October rolls around and its still strong, sharp,reliable fun and so on."

Love the updated 2008

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"The only issue so far is the slider top - I don't recommend this feature. The seal is a problem and now it leaks when it rains. It is in the dealership today. I like everything else about the car."

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

Solid Performer

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I bought mine when they first came out and it has been a great vehicle. Very dependable, stylish and comfortable. It handles great. I have not reset the mileage calculator since I bought it over 2 years ago and in that time, I have averaged 21.4 miles per gallon. That includes highway and city driving. The people on here who state they get like 15 to 17 on the highway are either crazy or driving 100 mph up hill. I also can not believe the comments about the poor handling in snow. I live in western New York where we get about 100 inches each winter and the Liberty is unstoppable- a true Jeep. All in all- a GREAT SUV!!"

08 Jeep 4X4 LImited

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"For an RV campin the best vehicle, tows behind MH."

won't buy another one

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"I have had my Jeep Liberty for 10 months , twice now it has left me stranded . Electical problems , radio has been replaced, side panels on driver & passenger side has been replaced , plastic on inside door handle replaced due chipping and more . I also have the sky slider too noisy it is nice but again noisy . Chrysler customer service stinks . NEVER EVER again . I do like the style but this has been an experience I don't want again . :("

Take a LONG test drive!!!

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Bought my Liberty in May/08; shortly found a problem with drivetrain. There is a vibration caused by it not shifting from overdrive as you slow down. Really bad if you drive in speed zones like 35-45 mph. Filed lemon complaint and lost because Chrysler's position was operating the way it was designed to. Suggested I use the Tow/Haul button to avoid the problem. Last Chrysler purchase for me."

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

09 Liberty

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"needs better fuel economy"

Lots of trouble

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

"I wanted this vehicle so bad and in the first two weeks I had it in the shop twice mostly technical computer stuff but wouldn't buy another one :("

Little trooper

By on Friday, June 05, 2009

"I traded in my 2002 Dodge 1500 - hated to but the price of gas was killing me. Though I miss the height of driving my truck the Liberty has been a trooper. Gas mileage has been at least 22+ mpg mostly city. I purchased the Liberty with the skyslider which most of the time is is great! On the highway - if it's closed - not so good, Lots of noise because the seal isn't so great - I have taken it back to the dealer several times to no avail. If you don't have to do lots of highway travel with the roof closed it's a fun little SUV. I'm over 6' tall and have no problem driving and enjoying this vehicle."

Pretty Good, A Few Flaws

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"We've had a 4x4 Limited for a year now, and it's been pretty good. We got the Jeep as a tow car for our RV, because we like Jeeps and with the electronic transfer case disengage -- we can tow unlimited miles with a push of the button. So many other vehicles require rotating the transmission every couple hundred miles. The 4x4 has been great. The seats are fantastic. MyGig is great with navigation. It's easy to drive. There are some issues. First, the shifting from 3rd to 4th is very poor. It doesn't hold in 3rd hear long enough, so there is a significant loss of power because the RPM drops very low with premature shifting to 4th gear - very disappointing. Also, the front suspension/shocks are way too mushy -- it bottoms out too easily. This is very disappointing -- it does not match the rear suspension which is firm but not hard. Lastly, there are some minor issues with the MyGig entertainment system, but no real problems. Our Jeep is fully loaded -- when you get all the advanced saftey options it's a lot of vehicle for a reasonable price. Would we guy again? You bet!"

GReat Feel and Looks

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"interior layout and quality are top notch, peppy engine - all the features and extras"

Great car for the buck

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I have driven my 08 Liberty over 57000 miles in the first year. Most of those miles pulling a 1500 Lb trailer. If I drive 65mph or lower I consistantly received 21+mpg with that little trailer in tow. 25+mpg if I wasn't towing. I still have the origional brakes, and tires. Basicall just followed the factory service schedule and this thing has been wonderful. The only issue that I have is that the gearing is so high to get the fuel economy up it can be a little challenging to get going with a heavy load (trailer and full of people) on a steep incline. the hill start assist helps but lower first and reverse gears would work better."