2010 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 256 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Great Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"I haven't had my Jeep Liberty for very long, but I love it! I have no complaints about it so far. Everything works great, and it's very comfortable. I had originally planned on getting a different vehicle and was very surprised by how much I liked the Liberty when I test drove it. I'm glad I decided to go with it instead of my original choice."

very good

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"this is very good suv sport ,engine excellent stability control is 5 stars"

i love it

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"my liberty is by far the best vehicle i have owned! it's comfortable and just the right amount of space for traveling with the family. and the power is great for towing or driving in sand, snow or mud!"

I love this jeep

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"No problem out of this jeep. Would do it all over again. It's silver and I added some chrome wheels 20's and it looks great. The gliding roof is real stylish."

Jeep Liberty affordable suv

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"Owned an 2006 traded it in for a 2008, Jeep really stepped up their game."

Jeep

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"I wanted a car to get me through the snow... with this Jeep I can do that and more. I have no trouble at all through the snow in the Liberty, powder, packed, icy, you name it and it will perform. Switching to 4x4 is simple and the traction control also works well, without having to switch to 4X4. One complaint, besides gas mileage (we all knew what we were getting into when we bought the thing) is the quality of the interior. I used armor all on my door and then proceeded to clean the painted surface next to the armor all surface and the paint started to come off on me. Also it seems the windshield takes a lot of rocks."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Have owned my '09 4x4 Liberty 6 months now. Absolutely love it. I think it gets great mileage, 18.6 around town. I have a bad back, and I love these seats. I am never uncomfortable, and my back does not bother me when I exit the vehicle. It also has enough pickup when merging into traffic. A fun SUV on and off road."

Awesome...

By on Monday, March 15, 2010

"When my fiance and I were at the dealership we were looking for a smaller SUV because we both had 2 door car's and are about to have a baby. I had a Jeep when i was in high school and LOVED it... but i knew I wasn't going to be able to get my girl to allow me to get a Wrangler... we saw the Liberty and even the sales person didn't know it was a liberty... none of us had seen the newer body style. Well we got the key's and looked through the Jeep... first impression: awesome... great head room, good back-seat-leg room... outside was perfect... rear hatch was good sized and perfect for our dog (full grown husky 50lbs). after about 3 weeks: we have put over 1000 miles on it already... we drive from columbus ohio to toledo ohio (150 miles) almost every weekend so... absolutly no problems... NONE... not the greatest on gas but hey... my fiance feels safe and the car seats are really really comfy... i have absolutly NO problem w/ this jeep so far... exactlly what i was looking for and i hope things go on like this. ( i also love the fact i can hook my iphone into the sterio and not have to pay for a new head unit... awesome) if you are looking for a good car that will make you feel safe and still look cool ;) this is the way to go"

I love this vehicle

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"This vehicle is my first Jeep and SUV. I am convinced I will be a life long Jeep owner. It is extremely comfortable to drive. The interior compartment is perfect for my 5'2" frame. It has been super dependable, even off road. I have hauled everything from band equipment, to yard brush, and teenagers. It's been a super vehicle on long trips. I simply wish the mileage was a bit higher."

Perfect for me

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"I need a 4 x 4 to get near my house in snow. The Liberty rides more smooth than a Wrangler, quieter and has more available creature comforts. My Liberty has leather interior, factory remote start and a power fold back roof so it nearly a convertible. I looked at the Commanders but the Liberty had the same size engine in a smaller car. I owned an 07 Liberty and I wasn't very attached to it, it seemed to have a laundry list of small problems. The 08 is wider and longer. The power roof was the main selling point for me. I am a big tall man. I have all the head and leg room I need, I want to keep this car for a while."

first new vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"i love my 2008 liberty its my first new car ever i love it it turns heads every where so stylish and a real suv fuel econmy is a concern but i fill my gas tank for 45 dollars some others cost 65 bucks tow package shouldnt be an option so far so good i bought american cause its easier to find anything you need for a good price not like german or japenese cars you need to search hard some points chrysler shoud consider to make it the best suv in the us 1. more fuel efficent enigines 2.a leather touch on the interior 3.in dash cup holders 4.chrome door handels and the mirrors soud be same as vehicle colour 5.six speed automatic transmission i highly recommend this vehicle to every body who is looking for a real suv and its an american car chrysler is getting back on the right track which its a good thing for jeep lovers this car is very quit on the highway i drove 100 miles /hour very smooth ride"

Happy owner

By on Friday, September 04, 2009

"The vehicle I own is a 2008 6 speed manual 2 WD with some upgrades: cruise, air, CD, temp display, window tint. I love driving the vehicle and have had no problems. I've put over 7,000 miles on it since purchasing it in April. The 3.7 L seemed a little underpowered at first, but I was trying to drive in 5th / 6th gear too much and keeping RPMs too low. It has plenty of passing power in 4th. We drove from GA to MN & back last month and the vehicle was very comfortable, surprisingly quiet for a Jeep. I put an aftermarket hitch on it and can tow about 3,500 lbs. I've used it to haul mulch and furniture around town. Again, staying in 4th it has plenty of power. We bought Hidden Hitch and found it easy to install, but it takes two people to get it bolted in place. Now for a few complaints The pushbutton for opening the rear window falls out occasionally. Also, the rear wiper does not sit tightly on the glass. To be fair, I've not taken it to a dealer to have either problem fixed. Gas mileage is not great. I haven't done the math for the MN trip, but around town I've been getting about 17.5 MPG. But we bought this for light towing and camping, not long trips. We took a vintage canoe to MN and ultimately could not use the roof racks. There is only a 3 1/2 foot span front to back and the rack sits well back of the vehicle midline. That is no good for a 17 foot canoe. Most other rack loads - kayaks, skiis, clamshells - should be fine. All in all I'm a happy owner. I wanted an SUV like vehicle with some towing capacity at an economical price - more than a small pickup but less than a Ford Exploder or similar. The Liberty was very reasonably priced and is performing as expected."

won't buy another one

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"I have had my Jeep Liberty for 10 months , twice now it has left me stranded . Electical problems , radio has been replaced, side panels on driver & passenger side has been replaced , plastic on inside door handle replaced due chipping and more . I also have the sky slider too noisy it is nice but again noisy . Chrysler customer service stinks . NEVER EVER again . I do like the style but this has been an experience I don't want again . :("

Take a LONG test drive!!!

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Bought my Liberty in May/08; shortly found a problem with drivetrain. There is a vibration caused by it not shifting from overdrive as you slow down. Really bad if you drive in speed zones like 35-45 mph. Filed lemon complaint and lost because Chrysler's position was operating the way it was designed to. Suggested I use the Tow/Haul button to avoid the problem. Last Chrysler purchase for me."

Lots of trouble

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

"I wanted this vehicle so bad and in the first two weeks I had it in the shop twice mostly technical computer stuff but wouldn't buy another one :("

Pretty Good, A Few Flaws

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"We've had a 4x4 Limited for a year now, and it's been pretty good. We got the Jeep as a tow car for our RV, because we like Jeeps and with the electronic transfer case disengage -- we can tow unlimited miles with a push of the button. So many other vehicles require rotating the transmission every couple hundred miles. The 4x4 has been great. The seats are fantastic. MyGig is great with navigation. It's easy to drive. There are some issues. First, the shifting from 3rd to 4th is very poor. It doesn't hold in 3rd hear long enough, so there is a significant loss of power because the RPM drops very low with premature shifting to 4th gear - very disappointing. Also, the front suspension/shocks are way too mushy -- it bottoms out too easily. This is very disappointing -- it does not match the rear suspension which is firm but not hard. Lastly, there are some minor issues with the MyGig entertainment system, but no real problems. Our Jeep is fully loaded -- when you get all the advanced saftey options it's a lot of vehicle for a reasonable price. Would we guy again? You bet!"

Great car for the buck

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I have driven my 08 Liberty over 57000 miles in the first year. Most of those miles pulling a 1500 Lb trailer. If I drive 65mph or lower I consistantly received 21+mpg with that little trailer in tow. 25+mpg if I wasn't towing. I still have the origional brakes, and tires. Basicall just followed the factory service schedule and this thing has been wonderful. The only issue that I have is that the gearing is so high to get the fuel economy up it can be a little challenging to get going with a heavy load (trailer and full of people) on a steep incline. the hill start assist helps but lower first and reverse gears would work better."

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

Love my Liberty

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"I traded my 2005 Grand Cherokee for this 2008 Liberty and I'm very pleased. I like it better than the Grand Cherokee. The visabilty backing up is better, the air flow and heating is better and the turning radius is much better. To me the ride is equal to the Grand Cherokee and the comfort is excellent. I would recommend a Liberty to anyone looking for a quality vehicle."

Good family vehicle

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Fun to drive. Powerful V6. Nice standard features. A whole lot of vehicle for the price. I would recommend better fuel economy."

Good Vehicle for the Money

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"I have owned two jeep wranglers, a SRT 8 Grand Cherokee and now this new liberty. Very good car for the money"

It's A Jeep!! Not A Japanese Toaster

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "Super Fun Off Road, gets you to the good ski resorts"

Cons: "Sky Slider roof is possessed and often makes unsettling noises."

"First I should start off by saying my household is exclusively a jeep household that being said. I have had my Jeep for almost 2 years now and I have nothing bad to say about it other than, the sky slider roof takes some getting used to. I have driven my jeep up and down the East coast as well as from NY to California without any problems to report. I currently live in Southern California so there is really no need for the 4x4 unless you are looking for a reason to use it. I have been to Big Bear as well as Sequoia National Park in the dead of winter when the snow banks towered over the jeep and it plowed thru like a champ. I made it to the 6700 feet mark without any chains and only really had to engage the 4 wheel drive one the snow on the ground was 3 or more feet. Overall I am very happy with my jeep and I can't wait until 2013 when I can trade it in for another Liberty."

I love my Jeep

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I just bought my 2011 Jeep Liberty last month & wanted to wait to write my review until I drove the vehicle a full 30 days. I like my Jeep more & more every day! I did my homework before purchasing a new SUV & was concerned about the "expert" reviews for the Liberty. The "experts" compare the Liberty to cars like the Toyota RAV 4 & the Hyundai Tucson..... They are both completely different from the Jeep. Try to take the Hyundai or the RAV 4 off road & see what happens, or better yet connect either one to a 24 ft ski boat and see how far you get. The main thing I was looking for was to be comfortable on a road trip, decent gas mileage, & to be able to tow a boat or camper. The Liberty gave me everything I wanted and more, I average @ 19 mpg with mainly in town driving, and am able to tow up to 5000lbs. Do yourself a favor and test drive the Liberty if you are in the market"

Rugged Daily Driver

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "fun, rugged, solid, sky slider roof, awesome price"

Cons: "better mpg wouldn't hurt, more 12v outlets"

"I bought one of the last 2011 models left on the lot. It is a limited 4x4 with every option and some dealer installed options. It has the awesome sky slider roof fabric roof, navigation, full time 4wd, rear parking sensors and backup camera, front brush guard and side rails, 18" wheels, leather interior, remote start, tow package, heated seats and so forth. Comparing this beast to the other "cute utes" finds no comparison. The others feel like tin cans, and are all flash and no substance. This vehicle weighs about 1000 pounds more than the other vehicles it competes against, and you can feel how solid it is when you drive it. The V6 provides more than adequate acceleration, and my wife and I both comment on how you cannot hear the engine at idle. I drive a 12 mile round trip daily commute in city traffic and am averaging 14.3 mpg. Although it is not the best, what would you expect from a vehicle that weighs well over 4000 lbs? I find the interior very nice, and the leather seats are a great fit for me, and I am 5'7" and of average build. You can hear some wind noise through the "convertible" ie sky slider roof, but only at speeds greater than 50 mph or if the wind is really blowing. It is quieter than a full blown convertible top vehicle. The visibility is great, and the handling is very crisp. The brakes stop quickly. The Liberty has a very solid feeling to it. We also have a 4x4 truck, and full size SUV, so the Liberty fits in quite well. My wife and I compared several vehicles before opting for the Liberty, and we both feel we made the best choice. We also got a "smoking" deal on it too...yeah!"

Excellent 4WD , good value overall... it's a Jeep!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "It's a Jeep!! A good value with a long time name."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage especially about town is all."

"Very good value for money spent excellent (real!) 4WD, off road seems superior to others in class and a perfect size. Engine runs purrfect but not good gas mileage by todays stasndards. This is my wifes Jeep and she loves it! Plenty of room for her 3 dogs and despite the fuel cost it really does the job for her, she loves it. Of course with us if it says "Jeep" it rules anyway and it's tough!! It's a shame Jeep has decided to drop it...I think it'll be back... let's watch."