2010 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 256 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Solid Performer

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I bought mine when they first came out and it has been a great vehicle. Very dependable, stylish and comfortable. It handles great. I have not reset the mileage calculator since I bought it over 2 years ago and in that time, I have averaged 21.4 miles per gallon. That includes highway and city driving. The people on here who state they get like 15 to 17 on the highway are either crazy or driving 100 mph up hill. I also can not believe the comments about the poor handling in snow. I live in western New York where we get about 100 inches each winter and the Liberty is unstoppable- a true Jeep. All in all- a GREAT SUV!!"

08 Jeep 4X4 LImited

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"For an RV campin the best vehicle, tows behind MH."

VERY SAFE

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I really hope that the KBB folks add this review to the list. I forgot to mention in my first review that after having my 08 Jeep Liberty Limited for less than 2 weeks (my plates hadn't even come in yet), someone crashed into me from the back in an older model Honda Accord. The front of their car was totally ruined. His hood was contorted so bad that it wouldn't even close. When I saw it from my rear view, I just knew that the "Barbie" jeep was ruined....To my surprise, my back fender was only SCRATCHED! I was so amazed! I guess Jeeps really are sturdy. I've always driven cars before, and they dent when you sit down too hard :) . Long story short...I took it to get a check up...nothing was wrong with my rear sensors, and the paint job cost me less than $400 (even though it was a small scratch, they had to remove and repaing the entire bumper). I hated having my car hit, but I feel very safe knowing that it held up so well. Happy Driving!"

jeep is my third car. Ready to sell.

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "blue book value $13,002 Trade in $11,923."

"great shape. Loaded, never repaired other than battery, tires, and oilchanges. 3rd car. Time to go now that I a retired"

Enjoy driving the vehicle except ...

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Good reliable vehicle brand"

Cons: "The legroom width on Driver side."

"I have been driving Jeep brand vehicles for well over 18+ years. I love them. I haven't had any major mechanical issues with any of them. I began leasing Jeep's in late 1995 and have driven mainly the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, in 2011 after losing my job I switched to the Liberty as a money saving lease option. The main and probably only complaint I have about the Liberty is the driver side roominess. I am 6 feet tall and the drivers area has plenty of length to stretch the legs BUT, it's the width. At my height I have to place my left foot up against the door frame to keep it out of the way of the brake pedal. Several times when I first took the car out of the showroom I hit the brake pedal and my foot got in the way. I nearly hit cars stopped in front of me. It takes getting used to."

good vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

I want this car

"I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty limited. I really have loved this vehicle. it currently has 78,000 miles on it and it still drives well. I am just needing a little more cargo space in the back. The 2012 Jeep Liberty has more cargo space and that is why I want to get it because of my family (1 8 month old)."

Excellent handling in awful snow and ice

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "4-wheel drive handling, safety, roomy&comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage; occasionally sluggish acceleration"

"Jeep Liberty (and previously Cherokee) has been a solid, safe, reliable car. This is my third Jeep, and I plan to keep it as long as possible. Love the Liberty body, ride, and the four-wheel drive and ABS in bad weather. The only drawback has been the overall gas mileage, typical of an SUV, and the acceleration is occasionally sluggish in a turn, at the start of operation. Great capacity for hauling stuff from garden centers. Handles addition of rear bike racks well."

Comfortable Safe Ride

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"I love my Liberty Jeep. The heated leather seats are great in the winter. Very comfortable drive and visablility is excellent. I feel very safe. It can be difficult to turn sometimes, but I've gotten used to that and have no issues now. Love my Jeep! That's all I'm getting from now on!!"

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, great mileage for a suv"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought this car to replace my older one, and I absolutely love this car! It has everything I wanted and more! And not to mention the color selection Jeep has for the Liberties is amazing!"

Solid vehicle, poor mileage

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "for new 4x4 under $25,000 can't beat"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Owned since new, good power, handles right for type of vehicle, wish gas mileage was better, sky slider has minor leaks during heavy rains (about 3 times), overall good value for the price, next vehicle will be Sahara, more money but resale is better"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Nice appearance"

Cons: "Road noise and tight front seat (both sides)"

"Jeep really missed the boat on a few small items, like the door handles . . . ya gotta push a button? Common, people carry stuff and we're used to pulling the handle. Road noise is almost unacceptable. We are both average size and front sitting areas (legs, etc.) are TIGHT. Performance is adequate. I don't know what people expect from a V6 SUV when they say it's a dog. I'm happy with it, and I'm not used to driving dogs."

I will live in a crash!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "strong, comfortable, gorgeous"

Cons: "heavy, small backseats"

"I LOVE my Jeep. It has gotten me over some of the roughest passes in Oregon and Washington, especially with the big studded tires installed for Winter driving. I have enjoyed passing other stalled out vehicles in massive snowstorms. I feel good and look good in this hot, red SUV. Spendy? A bit. Car payments make this uncomfortable. Valuable? Definitely. It starts up everytime, runs smoothly, and the V-6 makes it possible for me to even pull our big boat without a problem!"

I love this car but...

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "horrible gas mileage"

"It gets horrible gas mileage!!! I leased the first model year liberty and loved it, with the exception of the gas mileage. I've leased a sebring and a stratus before I went back to the liberty. It's comfortable and practical for a small family (total of 4). I love that my stroller fits perfect in the trunk."

Jet Edition

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "A lot of car for the money"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"Excellent fit and finish-jet package is worth the money, gets around in the snow and ice great."

Enjoyable and reliable

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good vision from a fairly tall seat"

Cons: "Mileage"

"This is the first 4WD I had ever owned, but I have driven quite a few rentals. I really enjoy this model, since it is just the right size to use both in town and on the highway. It handles great for a tall vehicle. It is quiet, even with a sunroof. There is a fair amount of wind noise, but that is to be expected with a tall, square SUV. The only fault I can find in it is the mileage. It is a fun, tough, extremely capable vehicle. Great SUV for the money."

Tough and reliable

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

"Unbelievable vehicle. Tough as nails will get you anywhere!"

Great off road

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Great off road which its made for"

Cons: "Really bad highway car. No high end power in 3.7L."

"The Jeep will go about anywhere and i do love it! It has the sky slider and it couldn't be better. Only issue is the seats. There hard and your legs go numb after just a few hours on the road. Its suspension is really not forgiving ON ROAD. Take it off and it really comes alive. I will be fixing these minor problems with aftermarket parts. A big thing jeep needs to work on is there engines. Give back the 4.0 HO 3.7 lacks all the power that the 4.0 had. Or another idea is to make a better engine. minivan engine in the best 4x4 in the world what!"

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Great price for a reliable 4 wheel drive SUV"

"This is a great vehicle to own because of the very low repair costs. Besides oil changes and normal wear and tear, this has not cost me a dime. I am on my second set of tires and replaced only brake pads at 60000 miles. I have nothing bad to say about it."

I would buy again

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

"Dependable"

Great SUV for living in rural areas

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Price, features, handling"

Cons: "Only one power outlet, needs more power"

"This is a great SUV for getting the comforts of most other luxury SUV's without the price tag and the added off road features of a Wrangler."

Luv my Jeep!

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "great price, great looks, reliable"

Cons: "no grip handle on window post"

"This is my 2nd Jeep Liberty and I have loved both of them. I traded in my 2006 Sport for a 2011 Limited. I really like the extra features of the Limited. While friends of mine who have 2011 Libertys are only getting 15 mpg or less local, with sensible driving habits I have average over 18 mpg local. My highest local mileage was 19.8 mpg. My car is the natural Green Pearl with beige leather interior and I always get compliments on my "sharp-looking" SUV. There will always be a Jeep Liberty in my life."

2009 Jeep Liberty

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Vehicle has a nice, fresh style on the outside, but remember it is still a Jeep. It has a harsh ride that will make you uncomfortable. The interior materials are cheap and tend to squeak and rattle once past the 10,000 mile mark. The vehicle is set up to tow a substantial amount of weight, but overall fuel economy is miserable. Rated at 16 city and 22 highway, don't expect to see more than 20 on the highway and overall 17 in the city on a good day. This is not a vehicle to live with on a day-by-day basis."

2009 Liberty

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"I have to say that I never owned Jeep product before. I am disapointed with the quality of my Jeep. Some problems that I had windshiled cracked by it self at 3000 miles. At 14000 Jeep was in shop for almost one moth due to 4WD system not working properly. Local dealership could not find the problem. They were switching parts unitl they fixed it. It was control module on 4wd system. Plastic ratles inside of the cabin."

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

bad roof

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"I thought jeep made great quality vehicles, so i thought i'd be ok with my 08 liberty. since i have had it i have had issues with the clock keeping time and now my biggest issue is the soft top sliding sun roof. It is leaking and has stained the inside of my car. It does not give me a secure feeling with the quality of it. I fear i will have continuous problems with this soft top roof."