2009 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 271 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Excellent Real SUV!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "Great Price.....Fun To Drive!"

Cons: "Probably The Last Year of This Body Style"

"I own a 2012 Liberty Limited Jet and it is an incredibly capable vehicle especially when purchased with the optional Selec Trac II transfer case which has the 2WD, 4WD Auto and 4WD Low Lock selections. The 4WD Auto essentially turns the Liberty into an AWD system as you can use in all driving conditions even dry pavement which you can't do with Command Trac II. The Selec Trac II transfer case is great for varying driving conditions and for $445.00 on the sticker this is a cheap option that greatly expands the functionality of the Liberty. Unfortunately this option is rarely ordered by most dealerships as my research has shown that most of the sales staffs that I have spoken to about Selec Trac II do not really know what it is...in fact it is downright humorous to hear some of them try to explain it! The small percentage that do confess that they don't order it to keep sticker prices down, instead, opting for options that sound sexier on the sticker. The rest of the amenities such as leather seating, heated seats, nav system, sunroof, Infinity speaker system make the Liberty a pleasure to drive. Coupled with the great suspension, handling and more than adequate power you have a very comfortable and capable real SUV. Oh yeah, it can tow up to 5000 lbs. You can tow many of the competitors car based utes with it but they can't tow you! On the value side, my Liberty Jet had a sticker price of $33,575.00 and I paid $25,000.00 This made the choice of the Liberty a no-brainer. All this being said I am glad I bought the Liberty this year as I suspect that when they redesign the Liberty we will have another "egg on wheels” bobbling down the road. Hope you find this helpful."

LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun 2 drive, roomy, comfortable, powe"

Cons: "hmmmm gas prices?"

"I love this vehicle - I couldn't say enough great things about it!"

Great value

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price, 4x4 capabilty, real SUV"

"Overall we like our Liberty Limited 4x4. My wife uses it for mainly around town and getting through snow. The only problem has been the clock consistantly loses time. More of an annoyance than anything. Mileage is as expected-definately not an economy car, but no SUV around town will get good mileage for this price. Sticker was 31k and we paid just over 25k. Am happy at how it is holding its value."

Nice SUV

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Flexibility, ride, Limited trim level"

Cons: "Gas, could be a little bigger"

"I love my Liberty. I do wish the mpg we a little better, but I do a lot of stop"

We love our Jeep.

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cons: "Interior quality is a bit on the cheap side."

"This was our first Jeep but not our last."