2009 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 230 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

I love it

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

"I bought the limited jet. I average right at 20 mpg Very happy with the comfortable ride and the way it drives. Very little road noise"

Reliable highway vehicle

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "fair price comfortable to drive"

Cons: "not good for off road"

"This has been a reliable vehicle for highway driving. When driving off road it is fine as long as the road isn't at at a steep incline. For some reason the transmission light will always come on. I have taken back to the dealers shop and they have never been able to find whats wrong with it. The slider roof has been a problem. It has leaked and they replaced the motor and made it suck down to the vehicle closer but it still will leak on occasion."

Not So Great

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "cute outside, looks very modern on this inside"

Cons: "no pick-up, LOUD engine, poor quality"

"my jeep is an '06.i bought this car "used" from a sister in-laws family member. iv needed a few alignments. still never got it completely straight.two of the foam linings around the inside of the doors have completely fallen off and had to be pushed and glued back into place. it has the WORST pick up ever. the leather driver seat was tearing when i recieved it...from just normal wear and tear...after only 3 years! also one of the window regulators went out...which apparently from reading various review of jeep libertys, im lucky i only had the window regulator break on one window.,but even tho i wasnt under warranty, when i called the dealership, they said they knew about the problem and would fix it for free. not sure why so many other people get charged for having it fixed. also the the emergency break inside one of the back wheels broke off. and it is soooooooo loud when driving. not just on the freeway...but anytime you have your foot on the gas. and soo bumpy too..and the back seats squeek now when i drive. i recently had to change the water pump as well. another big draw back was the horrible gas mileage. dont buy this vehicle...unless all you care about is it looking cute on the outide"

Really like my liberty

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "4x4 media center size, features"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"Saw all the posts and comments. Really think it through when judging this vehicle vs the others. The reviews are not apples to apples as the saying goes. The liberty might have less horses but can pull more. The others have a turbo charged engine which is costly when bugs or whatever gets in when your outdoors using the 4x4. Jeep is tried and true and its up to the individual what they want. The interior is outstanding for the price and the new design is cool. I have no issues with city driving and wheeling is outstanding. The other models CR's talks about have issues,recalls ect. 4 cylinder turbo charged or 16 valve-guess what? hard working small engines tend to need lots of service and repair. I myself prefer a jeep made in the US and canada and assembled in Ohio, not in 3rd world countries, mexico or child slave labor. Its really up to you, drive one and then make up your mind. The sheep follow-Jeeps lead!"

I AM a Jeep Woman

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "I never worry about not being able to get anywhere"

Cons: "Not great gas milage but it's a trade-off"

Nothing can stop my Jeep. She started right up and I drove out.

"This is my 4th Jeep in 12 years. And the best so far. I love the little extras like the household electrical outlet, convenient cup holders and secret compartment on the dashboard. The glove compartment is really deep but easily accessible."

Nothing can stop my Jeep. She started right up and I drove out.

Solid Reliable Jeep

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Low cost to buy, 4x4 capability, reliable"

Cons: "Lack of horsepower"

"I have owned 1 Cherokee, 2 Grand Cherokee and 2 Liberty models. This Jeep (I have had for almost 5 years) meets my expectations with only one downside that it is a little underpowered in my opinion. It is a very reliable car and it does everything well. 4x4 use in snow and ice is excellent. I am never concerned about ground clearance. Comfortable inside and easy to maintain."

Bad on Fuel, Very Reliable

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"I have owned the vehicle for a year now, bout it in late 2011. Mine is all leather and power everything, the only thing I really hate is the MPG's. Very reliable vehicle and it is awesome off road. Very easy to clean and mine has the shiny wheels. I guess I like the squared lookin vehicles."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

"I just bought a 2012 Liberty and I love it! This is my 4th Jeep and just can't seem to buy anything but a Jeep. They really hold their value for trade-in and the 2012 is really nice. I liked my 2007 and only had one complaint about the interior being easy to stain but other than that I had no repairs and drove to 75,000 miles and 90,000 with the Cherokee Sport. They have made the 2012 even nicer and a much smoother ride. Try one and you will like it!"

Rugged Daily Driver

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "fun, rugged, solid, sky slider roof, awesome price"

Cons: "better mpg wouldn't hurt, more 12v outlets"

"I bought one of the last 2011 models left on the lot. It is a limited 4x4 with every option and some dealer installed options. It has the awesome sky slider roof fabric roof, navigation, full time 4wd, rear parking sensors and backup camera, front brush guard and side rails, 18" wheels, leather interior, remote start, tow package, heated seats and so forth. Comparing this beast to the other "cute utes" finds no comparison. The others feel like tin cans, and are all flash and no substance. This vehicle weighs about 1000 pounds more than the other vehicles it competes against, and you can feel how solid it is when you drive it. The V6 provides more than adequate acceleration, and my wife and I both comment on how you cannot hear the engine at idle. I drive a 12 mile round trip daily commute in city traffic and am averaging 14.3 mpg. Although it is not the best, what would you expect from a vehicle that weighs well over 4000 lbs? I find the interior very nice, and the leather seats are a great fit for me, and I am 5'7" and of average build. You can hear some wind noise through the "convertible" ie sky slider roof, but only at speeds greater than 50 mph or if the wind is really blowing. It is quieter than a full blown convertible top vehicle. The visibility is great, and the handling is very crisp. The brakes stop quickly. The Liberty has a very solid feeling to it. We also have a 4x4 truck, and full size SUV, so the Liberty fits in quite well. My wife and I compared several vehicles before opting for the Liberty, and we both feel we made the best choice. We also got a "smoking" deal on it too...yeah!"

Excellent Value

By on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pros: "American Made and Tough"

Cons: "Probably the last year of this body style"

"I own a 2012 Liberty Limited Jet and it is an incredibly capable vehicle especially when purchased with the optional Selec Trac II transfer case which has the 2WD, 4WD Auto and 4WD Low Lock selections. The 4WD Auto essentially turns the Liberty into an AWD system as you can use in all driving conditions even dry pavement which you can't do with Command Trac II. The Selec Trac II transfer case is great for varying driving conditions and for $445.00 on the sticker this is a cheap option that greatly expands the functionality of the Liberty. Unfortunately this option is rarely ordered by most dealerships as my research has shown that most of the sales staffs that I have spoken to about Selec Trac II do not really know what it is...in fact it is downright humorous to hear some of them try to explain it! The small percentage that do confess that they don't order it to keep sticker prices down, instead, opting for options that sound sexier on the sticker. The rest of the amenities such as leather seating, heated seats, nav system, sunroof, Infinity speaker system make the Liberty a pleasure to drive. Coupled with the great suspension, handling and more than adequate power you have a very comfortable and capable real SUV. Oh yeah, it can tow up to 5000 lbs. You can tow many of the competitors car based utes with it but they can't tow you! On the value side, my Liberty Jet had a sticker price of $33,575.00 and I paid $25,000.00 This made the choice of the Liberty a no-brainer. All this being said I am glad I bought the Liberty this year as I suspect that when they redesign the Liberty we will have another "egg on wheels” bobbling down the road. Hope you find this helpful."

Excellent Real SUV!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "Great Price.....Fun To Drive!"

Cons: "Probably The Last Year of This Body Style"

Buy one

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "Great price and it delivered more than I expected"

Cons: "Everybody in my family likes it toooo much"

"This is the best vehicle on the market today, you get your biggest bang for your buck. MPG is very good, durability seems to be there, it is comfortable to drive, interior and exterior is very stylish. I was in the market for another vehicle for about a year and test drove just about everything out there the Liberty was head and shoulders above the competition. Mine is the Sport 4x4,it is everthing you will want and need in a mid size SUV.Buy one and you won't be sorry. By the way the MPG is better than they advertise I'm getting 20-25."

Worst gas mileage ever!!

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

"Says 16/22! actual 10-12/18 if lucky!! Cheap inside material.With todays modern technology,don't understand,why they don't make with better gas mleage!!! Forget resale value,after 9 months lost over 7000 in value!Never again!"

Overall Love it!!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Fully loaded, great price, and really fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"My ONLY complaint is the gas mileage....but it's a Jeep so I knew what I was getting into when I purchased it. Once you learn how to drive it, the gas mileage does get a little better. Other than that I love the girl."

BEST For ME

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Traditional Jeep Like Traits - Very Nice Options,"

Cons: "A Little Pricey, need an basic off road package"

"This isn’t my first Liberty; however I did test other similar vehicles to compare and preferred the 2012 liberty. It’s a tougher platform and more savvy off road. Most SUVs at this level are usually for urban areas. Some of us need more of a real SUV and since they took our beloved Jeep XJ Cherokee away, this is a good stand in. I suggest you test drive other vehicles of course but definitely make time to check it out ."

LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun 2 drive, roomy, comfortable, powe"

Cons: "hmmmm gas prices?"

"I love this vehicle - I couldn't say enough great things about it!"

Love my Liberty

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "strong like a tank but light like a car"

Cons: "gas milage is a bit hard on the wallet."

"Love my Jeep. Strong, sturdy and reliable. Keep up with regular maintenance and this is a great vehicle. So far, I've changed the oil (when required), new tires two years ago, and new brakes"

Very Capable

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and very capable"

Cons: "Not enough power outlets but that is easily fixed"

"It drives real well. It can handle most terrain with ease. It will handle like a truck so do not expect a car-like feel. It is easy to drive and handle. It has plenty of room for hockey equipment and the family or even all the camping equipment for a week long stay in the mountains. You will appreciate this vehicle a lot when the zombie apocalypse occurs."

PERFECT

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and see all around vehicle"

Cons: "ground clearance, could use couple more inches"

"this vehicle is perfect in power, looks, capacity, over all driving and almost no blind spots. drives like a big car, capable of all terrain. 2wd is great in snow up to bout 5 inches, then 4wd is awesome. only con with this truck is clearance, could use couple more inches."

Good Value

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Nice appearance"

Cons: "Road noise and tight front seat (both sides)"

"Jeep really missed the boat on a few small items, like the door handles . . . ya gotta push a button? Common, people carry stuff and we're used to pulling the handle. Road noise is almost unacceptable. We are both average size and front sitting areas (legs, etc.) are TIGHT. Performance is adequate. I don't know what people expect from a V6 SUV when they say it's a dog. I'm happy with it, and I'm not used to driving dogs."

I will live in a crash!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "strong, comfortable, gorgeous"

Cons: "heavy, small backseats"

"I LOVE my Jeep. It has gotten me over some of the roughest passes in Oregon and Washington, especially with the big studded tires installed for Winter driving. I have enjoyed passing other stalled out vehicles in massive snowstorms. I feel good and look good in this hot, red SUV. Spendy? A bit. Car payments make this uncomfortable. Valuable? Definitely. It starts up everytime, runs smoothly, and the V-6 makes it possible for me to even pull our big boat without a problem!"

Excellent SUV

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Nice size, Smooth Powertrain, Good Looking"

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Plastic Interior Appointments"

"This is the first Jeep I've ever owned and I'll have to say that I'm very impressed. My Jeep Liberty Jet is one of the best driving vehicles I have ever owned (and I've owned quite a few cars in my lifetime). The 3.7 V6 is smooth, quiet, and offers more than adequate power. The automatic transmission is smooth as well. I've had vehicles that were almost a dread to drive but not this one...It's actually pleasureable to drive. About the only thing negative that I can say is the gas mileage. I typically get around 18 mpg around town. But, you have to realize that this is a real and true SUV...not a crossover. It's built tough and being a rear wheel drive, it weighs more than a front wheel drive crossover. I would definitely recommend to someone looking for a well built compact SUV."

Great value

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price, 4x4 capabilty, real SUV"

"Overall we like our Liberty Limited 4x4. My wife uses it for mainly around town and getting through snow. The only problem has been the clock consistantly loses time. More of an annoyance than anything. Mileage is as expected-definately not an economy car, but no SUV around town will get good mileage for this price. Sticker was 31k and we paid just over 25k. Am happy at how it is holding its value."

I love this car but...

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "horrible gas mileage"

"It gets horrible gas mileage!!! I leased the first model year liberty and loved it, with the exception of the gas mileage. I've leased a sebring and a stratus before I went back to the liberty. It's comfortable and practical for a small family (total of 4). I love that my stroller fits perfect in the trunk."

Love it!

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"I love how it handles, looks, and drives. Awesome SUV."

See if you qualify for